Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:25:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining still worth it?  (Read 777 times)
chirupte (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 05:40:43 PM

Hello there,
thought about starting to mine bitcoin, but someone told me that vit it not worth it anymore because of the high mining difficulties.
My second question is how i should start, if i want to mine.
I mean: What miner is the best for beginners and what software should i use?
Thanks in advance,
Vincent aka chirupte
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1023

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 03:07:35 AM

Profitability on mining depends on your electricity cost. Unless it's very low, you probably can't run a profitable operation (<0.05$USD/kWh).
If you want to start mining, I suggest looking at miners available around you, since a good portions of costs will be shipping and import taxes.
Software is usually integrated with the hardware if it's an ASIC so you don't have to worry about it.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 11:04:55 AM

Hello there,
thought about starting to mine bitcoin, but someone told me that vit it not worth it anymore because of the high mining difficulties.
My second question is how i should start, if i want to mine.
I mean: What miner is the best for beginners and what software should i use?
Thanks in advance,
Vincent aka chirupte
If you are planning to mine bitcoin at this difficulty level you must invest a good amount of money as initial capital,purchasing of hardware is the biggest step,if you are planning to buy new ASIC machines you can check avalonminer and Bitmain as they are manufacturing mining equipments .It all depends upon your budget ,since you are a newbie here you can also take a look at alt coin mining which i think is more convenient if you have a limited budget.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: