Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:57:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][FC] FC Simple Pool - dontmine.me [LP/Stratum]  (Read 11746 times)
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 10:36:40 PM

Wow, expected earnings have dropped from 390 to 250 with the same hashrate in the space of a day Sad

See the difficulty level today

Yeah, the easy mining is over, the net hash rate has jumped heaps in the past couple of days, people will soon start switching their rigs back to whatever they were doing before FTC.

redmist

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 08:07:20 AM

Paul21, I've dropped you a message Smiley
peacefulmind

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:16:26 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2013, 07:29:39 AM by peacefulmind

I am having issues with your pool.

I used this with no problem right after FTC came out.

However for the last 5 hours I moved (now more like 6 hours) some workers back here.

The site says I am expected about 300 FTC per day.

So far I have gotten 3 FTC in almost 6 hours.

Just a heads up something is wrong - and this was the best pool imho.  Guess I am going to have to move these again.

:sigh:

Quote from: FrictionlessCoin
"I think you are to hung up on this notion about 'pre-mining' being a No-No."
- from journeys into the dark depths of the alt coin forum....
e521

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:33:58 AM

pool is going up and down, what's going on?  Huh

RetardedMonkey

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:34:58 AM

Yeah just noticed I've had nothing paid out and my threshold is only 20 FTC with my 4mh/s going at it...
peacefulmind

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:42:48 AM

Apparently emails have been sent hope this is not turn to scam...

jmmichael93

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:07:19 AM

My earnings are also considerably lower than projections would have me expect.  Also, the auto-payment is not working, had to go in and manual payout what I'd accumulated for the last 6 hours.

paul21 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:42:45 AM

I'm working on it, I just patched the autopayout script. It was stopping on an error but I make it rhobust so it should payout. Someone put a bad address in and it broke it, but that shouldn't break everything on the script Smiley

I should have the stales fixed in a day or two.

RIP my old pools... sometimes BTC isn't life ;(
peacefulmind

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:34:19 AM

stales and rejects just went way back up again  Huh

erk

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:48:18 AM

I have this FTC pool in a --load-balance setup with an LTC pool using cgminer, it was working well, but for some reason today cgminer keeps dropping fc.dontmine.me and only mining the LTC pool. Has fc.dontmine.me been going up and down, or experiencing lag or similar today?

peacefulmind

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:57:53 AM

I have this FTC pool in a --load-balance setup with an LTC pool using cgminer, it was working well, but for some reason today cgminer keeps dropping fc.dontmine.me and only mining the LTC pool. Has fc.dontmine.me been going up and down, or experiencing lag or similar today?

yes.  i think the server is beyond its limits at this point - anyone looking to join will be getting up to 20% stales with stratum.

registration should have been closed - imho

cod

Activity: 122

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:00:00 AM

It seems like all the big FTC pools today have had their fair share of problems. I've had problems with dontmine, is-a-geek and a little bit on featherpool. featherpool seems the most stable currently, but will be back at dontmine.me when the problems are sorted.  Perhaps it's an attack on the pools? Or just over capacity? I don't know.
erk

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:03:40 AM

It seems like all the big FTC pools today have had their fair share of problems. I've had problems with dontmine, is-a-geek and a little bit on featherpool. featherpool seems the most stable currently, but will be back at dontmine.me when the problems are sorted.  Perhaps it's an attack on the pools? Or just over capacity? I don't know.

I have been having trouble with LTC pools as well today. If this persists for more than a week I am going to have to make my own private pools for reliability and put up with the pathetic slow block discover rate. :-(
cod

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:08:47 AM

I have been having trouble with LTC pools as well today. If this persists for more than a week I am going to have to make my own private pools for reliability and put up with the pathetic slow block discover rate. :-(

Ugh. And the net hash was way down on LTC today. Are you seeing slower blocks or connection problems? I was on ltcmine.ru for a long time. Figured I'd switch back when FTC either balances or crashes. It's had a bit of a "too good to be true" launch, but hey I'm not hating. Cheesy
paul21 (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:12:53 AM

How are the stales in the past 20 minutes? I just finished tweaking some things and I've got 200 accept 4 reject.

It's true, I had no idea I'd be pooling 1200 MH/s

MySQL Queries:
Total    per hour    per minute    per second
539 M   4.02 M   67.04 k   1.12 k

Block notifies are going out in about 50ms now, down from 2-35 seconds

If a new block coincides with the 1 minute window when the server takes a backup, it can be delayed a little bit which makes a stale trap.

erk

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:18:37 AM

How are the stales in the past 20 minutes? I just finished tweaking some things and I've got 200 accept 4 reject.

MySQL Queries:

If a new block coincides with the 1 minute window when the server takes a backup, it can be delayed a little bit which makes a stale trap.

Just curious, what sort of a hardware spec do you need to support a 1,200MH/s pool rate?

I was surprised too how much the net hash rate has rised since BTC-e added FTC earlier.

It was around 2,500MH/s jumped up to over 5,000MH/s now back down to just over 4,000MH/s, with a difficulty increase due tomorrow.

peacefulmind

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:28:14 AM

MySQL Queries:

please at least close registration until it is fixed for 24 hours, thanks for your effort.

stales are jumping up and down for me - it is fine for 10 minutes, then terrible for 30 - I am way short of the 300 coins projected for 24 hours,

maybe try to cap the growth until there is more confirmation issues are fixed?

cod

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:31:57 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2013, 07:51:35 AM by cod

MySQL Queries:

Edit #3: 300:4

Welcome back I hope. Thanks for your work. Donation to 3.8%.
paul21 (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:51:25 AM

please at least close registration until it is fixed for 24 hours, thanks for your effort.

stales are jumping up and down for me - it is fine for 10 minutes, then terrible for 30 - I am way short of the 300 coins projected for 24 hours,

I think it's fixed now, but I'll close it until it's solid for 12 hours or so.

Just curious, what sort of a hardware spec do you need to support a 1,200MH/s pool rate?

It takes about 2 decent cores and 3GB of ram. But the real challenge is tuning mysql for low latency queries and dealing with misconfigured miners, botnets, and other trash that gets stacked against the server. One guy had like 800 open connections to my server  Huh have to fight that stuff.

I run on a dual xeon L5420 right now with 8GB of ram.
load average: 0.86, 0.68, 0.64

Mem:   8197352k total,  7893208k used,   304144k free,   161604k buffers
Swap: 16009208k total,    16908k used, 15992300k free,  5837600k cached

Bandwidth is like this, the spikes are the offsite backups going out.

peacefulmind

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 09:36:40 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2013, 09:57:58 AM by peacefulmind

I think it's fixed now, but I'll close it until it's solid for 12 hours or so.

It takes about 2 decent cores and 3GB of ram. But the real challenge is tuning mysql for low latency queries and dealing with misconfigured miners, botnets, and other trash that gets stacked against the server. One guy had like 800 open connections to my server  Huh have to fight that stuff.

I run on a dual xeon L5420 right now with 8GB of ram.
load average: 0.86, 0.68, 0.64

Mem:   8197352k total,  7893208k used,   304144k free,   161604k buffers
Swap: 16009208k total,    16908k used, 15992300k free,  5837600k cached

Bandwidth is like this, the spikes are the offsite backups going out.

Paul, it is better than before but still problems for me -

I have sat watching various machines from the terminal (*eyes hurt*) - I see what is happening -

cgminer is fine for 150-200 or so accepted shares, no hardware errors occur, then there will be a cycle of

".......rejected

.........rejected

..........rejected"

between 6-15 times in a row, then

"failed to connect to stratum..."

it sits for a while then

"new block
..........accepted
..........accepted
..........accepted"

it starts over and each worker gets 100-150 accepted shares in row with zero hardware errors.

this behavior does not occur on give-me-ltc, coinotron, or other sCrypt pools with the exact same mining configuration.

is there some special configuration this site requires that I overlooked?  It is causing my overall averages to be horrible, where at other pools my hashrate is essentially constant when using stratum.

Thanks if anyone can offer solution.  Also this did not happen on this site when FTC launched.

---edit----

to be clear this exact same thing is happening across different rigs, with varying GPU hardware( mix of 6 and 7 gen), all AMD though.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: