Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 02:18:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][FC] FC Simple Pool - dontmine.me [LP/Stratum]  (Read 11744 times)
503guy

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:16:15 PM

please at least close registration until it is fixed for 24 hours, thanks for your effort.

stales are jumping up and down for me - it is fine for 10 minutes, then terrible for 30 - I am way short of the 300 coins projected for 24 hours,

maybe try to cap the growth until there is more confirmation issues are fixed?

I think it's fixed now, but I'll close it until it's solid for 12 hours or so.

Just curious, what sort of a hardware spec do you need to support a 1,200MH/s pool rate?

It takes about 2 decent cores and 3GB of ram. But the real challenge is tuning mysql for low latency queries and dealing with misconfigured miners, botnets, and other trash that gets stacked against the server. One guy had like 800 open connections to my server  Huh have to fight that stuff.

I run on a dual xeon L5420 right now with 8GB of ram.
load average: 0.86, 0.68, 0.64

Mem:   8197352k total,  7893208k used,   304144k free,   161604k buffers
Swap: 16009208k total,    16908k used, 15992300k free,  5837600k cached

Bandwidth is like this, the spikes are the offsite backups going out.

Paul, it is better than before but still problems for me -

I have sat watching various machines from the terminal (*eyes hurt*) - I see what is happening -

cgminer is fine for 150-200 or so accepted shares, no hardware errors occur, then there will be a cycle of

".......rejected

.........rejected

..........rejected"

between 6-15 times in a row, then

"failed to connect to stratum..."

it sits for a while then

"new block
..........accepted
..........accepted
..........accepted"

it starts over and each worker gets 100-150 accepted shares in row with zero hardware errors.

this behavior does not occur on give-me-ltc, coinotron, or other sCrypt pools with the exact same mining configuration.

is there some special configuration this site requires that I overlooked?  It is causing my overall averages to be horrible, where at other pools my hashrate is essentially constant when using stratum.

Thanks if anyone can offer solution.  Also this did not happen on this site when FTC launched.

---edit----

to be clear this exact same thing is happening across different rigs, with varying GPU hardware( mix of 6 and 7 gen), all AMD though.

I can confirm this, same thing is happening to me.  Everything fine on other pools and getting the exact same patterns of rejects on dontmine.me that peacefulmind described.

erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:56:20 PM

I have been getting about 5% rejects over the past few hours and the cgminer has been loosing connection to the stratum every half hour or so and I restart it.

cod

Activity: 122

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 10:09:02 PM

I have been getting about 5% rejects over the past few hours and the cgminer has been loosing connection to the stratum every half hour or so and I restart it.

My rejects also went up to 5%.

One trick to mitigate the stratum downtime might be to set the LP server as your backup pool. Though I do believe some shares are still lost when the stratum goes down.

I can't keep switching PPLNS pools and they all seem to be having problems, so I'm just living with the problems here.
peacefulmind

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 01:40:07 AM

please at least close registration until it is fixed for 24 hours, thanks for your effort.

stales are jumping up and down for me - it is fine for 10 minutes, then terrible for 30 - I am way short of the 300 coins projected for 24 hours,

maybe try to cap the growth until there is more confirmation issues are fixed?

I think it's fixed now, but I'll close it until it's solid for 12 hours or so.

Just curious, what sort of a hardware spec do you need to support a 1,200MH/s pool rate?

It takes about 2 decent cores and 3GB of ram. But the real challenge is tuning mysql for low latency queries and dealing with misconfigured miners, botnets, and other trash that gets stacked against the server. One guy had like 800 open connections to my server  Huh have to fight that stuff.

I run on a dual xeon L5420 right now with 8GB of ram.
load average: 0.86, 0.68, 0.64

Mem:   8197352k total,  7893208k used,   304144k free,   161604k buffers
Swap: 16009208k total,    16908k used, 15992300k free,  5837600k cached

Bandwidth is like this, the spikes are the offsite backups going out.

Paul, it is better than before but still problems for me -

I have sat watching various machines from the terminal (*eyes hurt*) - I see what is happening -

cgminer is fine for 150-200 or so accepted shares, no hardware errors occur, then there will be a cycle of

".......rejected

.........rejected

..........rejected"

between 6-15 times in a row, then

"failed to connect to stratum..."

it sits for a while then

"new block
..........accepted
..........accepted
..........accepted"

it starts over and each worker gets 100-150 accepted shares in row with zero hardware errors.

this behavior does not occur on give-me-ltc, coinotron, or other sCrypt pools with the exact same mining configuration.

is there some special configuration this site requires that I overlooked?  It is causing my overall averages to be horrible, where at other pools my hashrate is essentially constant when using stratum.

Thanks if anyone can offer solution.  Also this did not happen on this site when FTC launched.

---edit----

to be clear this exact same thing is happening across different rigs, with varying GPU hardware( mix of 6 and 7 gen), all AMD though.

I can confirm this, same thing is happening to me.  Everything fine on other pools and getting the exact same patterns of rejects on dontmine.me that peacefulmind described.

The problem has to do with a python error that is breaking stratum at regular intervals on this pool.

I wish I knew more about server side that I could offer the fix.  I only know enough to be dangerous to myself and others.  Wink

However pretty sure the error has to do with code in these dir:

\twisted\internet\defer.pyo

\mining_libs\worker_registry.pyo

\stratum\socket_transport.pyo

Can we get an update on this situation?

There is a cycle where stratum breaks connection every 45 minutes to 80 minutes, miners lose a large percentage of shares, then server side it reaches out for a fresh connection, and we start from scratch until it breaks again.

Can you offer an update?  Thanks for the hard work and wish I knew enough about pool implementation to actually be of help.  The info of above is from connection logs and that is ALWAYS where it breaks server side, and it is server that builds stales, then breaks, then starts fresh.  Something is accumulating an error that builds then eventually kills stratum on your server before it resets itself.

I think the pool is losing money because of this too, and eventually miners will leave.

Quote from: FrictionlessCoin
"I think you are to hung up on this notion about 'pre-mining' being a No-No."
- from journeys into the dark depths of the alt coin forum....
18RATTT

Activity: 282
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:05:33 AM

for those who get 5% rejects, are u guys using the stratum ??
im using the normal http://fc.dontmine.me:28339 and getting +- 3% rejects

peacefulmind

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:26:04 AM

pool is down up.

cod

Activity: 122

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:28:44 AM

for those who get 5% rejects, are u guys using the stratum ??
im using the normal http://fc.dontmine.me:28339 and getting +- 3% rejects

Yes. and that 5% doesn't count the dropped shares for when stratum shuts down. I had to go to a PPS pool. So far I'm at 1.3% stale on a longpoll.
peacefulmind

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:31:49 AM

Anyone reccomend another FTC server I have tried to stay due to draconian PPLNS - but this is crazy.

Cod where did you go?  PM would be fine too if u don't want to post it here.  Smiley

TYVM.

look at that pool rate yikes -

dblink

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:51:38 AM

Anyone reccomend another FTC server I have tried to stay due to draconian PPLNS - but this is crazy.

Cod where did you go?  PM would be fine too if u don't want to post it here.  Smiley

TYVM.

look at that pool rate yikes -

The share difficulty changed, so the pool has a higher hashrate, but the calculations just haven't caught up.

paul21 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:56:12 AM

Well, I gave up on the 1.5k shares/second. It was just too much for stratum to run smoothly, and I tried a lot of different settings on the database.

So I scaled the share difficulty up 4x, 1/4 the load on the server, and everything should be good again, but that's what I thought last time Sad

Unfortunately, my miner uses the connection that is being DDoS'd for CNC pool, so I can't calibrate the share/hash rates.

RIP my old pools... sometimes BTC isn't life ;(
18RATTT

Activity: 282

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 03:09:32 AM

thanks for the update.

dokosten

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 03:13:42 AM

Cheers!
503guy

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 03:22:02 AM

Well, I gave up on the 1.5k shares/second. It was just too much for stratum to run smoothly, and I tried a lot of different settings on the database.

So I scaled the share difficulty up 4x, 1/4 the load on the server, and everything should be good again, but that's what I thought last time Sad

Unfortunately, my miner uses the connection that is being DDoS'd for CNC pool, so I can't calibrate the share/hash rates.

Just jumped on, will awarded shares still be proportional for the work -- if they are not calibrated?

billionaire

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 03:22:15 AM

All day long I have been getting massive drops in my k/h rate here in the range of 50-75% drops for several minutes at a time, and this is happening a lot of times. Its not just me either, the entire pool hashrates are doing this. I am currently on the longpool server because the stratum one kept disconnecting on me for several straight hours today (after working perfectly for several days straight) I hope this gets taken care of soon.
503guy

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 03:23:47 AM

All day long I have been getting massive drops in my k/h rate here in the range of 50-75% drops for several minutes at a time, and this is happening a lot of times. Its not just me either, the entire pool hashrates are doing this. I am currently on the longpool server because the stratum one kept disconnecting on me for several straight hours today (after working perfectly for several days straight) I hope this gets taken care of soon.

I think most of the pools are having DDOS troubles.. Good luck finding a stable one atm..

peacefulmind

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 03:27:50 AM

Just jumped on, will awarded shares still be proportional for the work -- if they are not calibrated?

This is also my concern.

The numbers the front end site are showing are now off the charts crazy - I know difficulty went to ~120 for the entire network - however even with that change the displayed hash rates and rewards don't add up anymore after the changes.

Paul - would you comment on this?  Are rewards proportional to all the changes?  They do not seem to be - according to the estimates on the site and hashrates of various workers vs. actual work the workers are currently being shorted.

---edit---

To be concrete - the difficulty increased to 120, but my "estimated reward" stat is now about 1/3 of what it was before any changes.

That difficulty change on the network should not have reduced 24 hour reward so drastically.

paul21 (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 04:51:58 AM

This is also my concern.

The numbers the front end site are showing are now off the charts crazy - I know difficulty went to ~120 for the entire network - however even with that change the displayed hash rates and rewards don't add up anymore after the changes.

Paul - would you comment on this?  Are rewards proportional to all the changes?  They do not seem to be - according to the estimates on the site and hashrates of various workers vs. actual work the workers are currently being shorted.

---edit---

To be concrete - the difficulty increased to 120, but my "estimated reward" stat is now about 1/3 of what it was before any changes.

That difficulty change on the network should not have reduced 24 hour reward so drastically.

I've probably missed a few places to tweak the display settings. I'll check on it, but yes everything is similar to round based pay per share; it gets divided evenly among the unpaid shares, it doesn't depend on the hash rate.

peacefulmind

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 06:11:22 AM

thank you.

appreciate your attention to detail and dedication here.  cheers.

paul21 (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 07:23:50 AM

I fixed the hashrate up a bit. It takes 25 minutes to settle now but it should be a lot smoother than before.

z0rr0

Activity: 303

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:06:27 AM

Thank you paul21 for all you work, and for quite informative news page on pool's website.
In contrast to some other pool owners, you're trying really hard to make the pool working nice and smooth, and a result - no such problems with stratum disconnects for several hours, and seems fare numbers at payout statistics page.
Thanks again for your work and good luck!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: