Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:51:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Low fee issue  (Read 524 times)
Nam3 (OP)

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 06:01:46 PM

I've made a mistake while trying a test transaction (small amount). The fee that I've manually specified is apparently too small and the transaction is not being confirmed. I'm getting this error in Electrum wallet. Transaction id# 2fdf9644b29984e9fb707e3a473de022d1b6d6e1249c7cf948525c58b9d7f571

I don't see a way to abort this transaction and retry with a better fee. Just wondering how to get this transaction confirmed  Huh
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 09:08:12 PM

I've made a mistake while trying a test transaction (small amount). The fee that I've manually specified is apparently too small and the transaction is not being confirmed. I'm getting this error in Electrum wallet. Transaction id# 2fdf9644b29984e9fb707e3a473de022d1b6d6e1249c7cf948525c58b9d7f571

I don't see a way to abort this transaction and retry with a better fee. Just wondering how to get this transaction confirmed  Huh

Unless you have the Replace-By-Fee (RBF) feature enabled, I don't believe you can retry this transaction until it falls off on its own or confirms.

You may be able to restore your seed into a new wallet where the transaction doesn't exist and douplespend it be able to send a transaction with a proper amount of fees though.
Nam3 (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 02:21:31 AM

Unless you have the Replace-By-Fee (RBF) feature enabled, I don't believe you can retry this transaction until it falls off on its own or confirms.

You may be able to restore your seed into a new wallet where the transaction doesn't exist and douplespend it be able to send a transaction with a proper amount of fees though.

RBF wasn't enabled. I've enabled  it just now. Not sure if that's going to make any difference though.

I've tried doublespending, but it looks like the new transaction didn't go through either.
Transaction id# e553cd00e2130deb7151455975a71a97b6d49c412eb030d0af9e5c8b848f85a0

Maybe, I didn't perform this step right  Cry
kolloh
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 05:53:09 AM

RBF wasn't enabled. I've enabled  it just now. Not sure if that's going to make any difference though.

I've tried doublespending, but it looks like the new transaction didn't go through either.
Transaction id# e553cd00e2130deb7151455975a71a97b6d49c412eb030d0af9e5c8b848f85a0

Your new transaction included very very low fees as well. You only included  5.2 sat/byte in fees when the network wants about 140 satoshis/byte right now.

I'd strongly recommend using the "Dynamic Fees" option within Electrum preferences. This will give you a slider to control confirmation speed based on fee size and better estimates accurate fees for transaction to help avoid these issues.
Nam3 (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 06:39:59 AM

Your new transaction included very very low fees as well. You only included  5.2 sat/byte in fees when the network wants about 140 satoshis/byte right now.

I'd strongly recommend using the "Dynamic Fees" option within Electrum preferences. This will give you a slider to control confirmation speed based on fee size and better estimates accurate fees for transaction to help avoid these issues.

I would do that for future transactions. For this one; Is this going to be confirmed anytime soon?
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 01:25:59 PM

I would do that for future transactions. For this one; Is this going to be confirmed anytime soon?

You can either wait for the network to forget about it, or try to get it included in a block quickly. If you paste the transaction id into the page linked below the viabtc pool will include it in the next block it mines (provided not too many others are using that txaccelerator page at the same time as you).

https://www.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/
Nam3 (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 01:30:59 PM

You can either wait for the network to forget about it, or try to get it included in a block quickly. If you paste the transaction id into the page linked below the viabtc pool will include it in the next block it mines (provided not too many others are using that txaccelerator page at the same time as you).

It looks like I can't. TXN accelerator gives this error.

HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 03:51:11 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2017, 12:24:11 PM by HI-TEC99

I don't see a way to abort this transaction and retry with a better fee. Just wondering how to get this transaction confirmed  Huh

RBF wasn't enabled. I've enabled  it just now. Not sure if that's going to make any difference though.

Maybe, I didn't perform this step right  Cry

Your new transaction included very very low fees as well. You only included  5.2 sat/byte in fees when the network wants about 140 satoshis/byte right now.

If you pm macbook-air, or quickseller they might be able to get it included in a block for a fee. They all have access to a big mining pool.

Click one of their names above, then fill out the form to send a pm.

My fault  I paid blockchain.info suggested amount and now it is stuck

any help to push it would be nice.

you can try to PM quickseller or macbook-air, they both have access to a pool, and can add tx's to the block they're currently working on.

I pm'd kano hopefully he will include it.
Nam3 (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 04:05:26 PM

I don't see a way to abort this transaction and retry with a better fee. Just wondering how to get this transaction confirmed  Huh

RBF wasn't enabled. I've enabled  it just now. Not sure if that's going to make any difference though.

Maybe, I didn't perform this step right  Cry

Your new transaction included very very low fees as well. You only included  5.2 sat/byte in fees when the network wants about 140 satoshis/byte right now.

If you pm kano, macbook-air, or quickseller they might be able to get it included in a block for a fee. They all have access to a big mining pool.

Click one of their names above, then fill out the form to send a pm.

My fault  I paid blockchain.info suggested amount and now it is stuck

any help to push it would be nice.

you can try to PM quickseller or macbook-air, they both have access to a pool, and can add tx's to the block they're currently working on.

I pm'd kano hopefully he will include it.

I've sent a message to kano. I'll wait to hear back from him.
kolloh
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 06:04:13 AM

Yeah, the accelerator only works for transactions that have a minimum of 0.0001BTC/KB fee.

Checking on the transaction and it looks like it did confirm already which is a good thing. Perhaps it was due to messaging those users.
Nam3 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 10:10:22 AM

Yeah, the accelerator only works for transactions that have a minimum of 0.0001BTC/KB fee.

Checking on the transaction and it looks like it did confirm already which is a good thing. Perhaps it was due to messaging those users.

Right, the transaction got confirmed. But, not because of messaging. I appreciate all your help  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: