Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:54:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NPR Planet Money guy on Colbert tonight talking bitcoins  (Read 1290 times)
tiberiandusk (OP)

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 03:10:59 AM

Colbert Bump time?

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
superside

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:14:18 AM

Damnit, not yet. I need BTC to drop back down to $70
smurf2094

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:26:37 AM

I'd splurge if it dropped down to $65 but then shot back to $90
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 03:26:52 AM

Liberal going on a liberal talk show to talk about Bitcoin?

Will there be anyone there to defend Bitcoin?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:28:12 AM

I wouldn't expect this to have too much of an effect on price in the short term.  I'm more concerned about what that kind of attention could do to bitcoin websites.  Especially with many still vulnerable to DDoS. 

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
tiberiandusk (OP)

Activity: 575

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 03:33:25 AM

If you look at Planet Money's previous coverage it has been pretty balanced. The guy sounds like he supports the idea but knows it's still risky.

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:35:09 AM

Lol yes, the one guy in the audience who gets up and leaves when the Planet Money guy starts off by saying "Bitcoin is a digital fiat currency backed by nothing, and is created by 'hackers' using a special program on their computers. It is often used to support drugs and terrorism."

myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 03:40:05 AM

Drugs was mentioned, and Colbert asked if NPR took donations in bitcoins, and he said, "not yet."

But overall, pretty fair coverage, from what I saw.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
DavidBAL

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

Always riding the Bull...

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 03:42:31 AM

Drugs was mentioned, and Colbert asked if NPR took donations in bitcoins, and he said, "not yet."

But overall, pretty fair coverage, from what I saw.

definitely positive coverage.. without a doubt will cause some marginal increase in demand for btc.

I am an investor, entrepreneur, and CEO @BTC Inc http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-bailey/22/641/b53 ...
Bitrated user: davidbtcmedia.
JordanL
Donator

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:45:17 AM

Lol yes, the one guy in the audience who gets up and leaves when the Planet Money guy starts off by saying "Bitcoin is a digital fiat currency backed by nothing, and is created by 'hackers' using a special program on their computers. It is often used to support drugs and terrorism."

I'm pretty sure it's conservatives who constantly exaggerate the threat of drugs and terrorism, while doing everything possible to maintain the control of the banking cartels and other existing power structures.  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: