Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:04:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You have heard of the term "Glow Kids?"  (Read 1796 times)
Natalia077

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 05:40:23 AM

In television there is nothing good. But in the computer you can find a lot of useful and educational information provided that you correctly monitor the time spent. This is a new age of information technology and just need to properly teach children to use such opportunities.
Children already spend almost all their time on the Internet and no one will attract a TV. Moreover, there is really nothing good there. The Internet has a lot of useful information, and not very much. The main thing is to protect children from bad content.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SlaughterGirl

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 07:16:26 AM

Kids should be outdoor playing, watching TV or giving them Gadgets is a no, no...
I agree with this... they can learn a lot for the nature too, maybe a lot more then on computer. Computer is only a simulator, the real stuff are happening outside.

v1ryspro

Activity: 282

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 10:06:27 AM

Kids should be outdoor playing, watching TV or giving them Gadgets is a no, no...
I agree with this... they can learn a lot for the nature too, maybe a lot more then on computer. Computer is only a simulator, the real stuff are happening outside.

In today's world, it's frightening for children to let out alone on the street, so it's sometimes safer to leave them for training with a computer.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 10:11:01 AM

I spend that amount of time on my computer easily but I am not just wasting myself..

I am either trading and earning crypto, dealing with a lot of numbers is good for my brain, or I am reading and educating myself...

If you are glued to a screen just to be zombie entertained then ya that's bad for you, bu not all uses of technology are..

I wouldn't be 1/10th as smart as I am today without all of the self education that I have done from being infront of a screen..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
v1ryspro

Activity: 282

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 10:20:49 AM

Just heard of this calling kids that spend more than 4 hours a day infront of a screen including tablets and television.
It actually stunts growth of the brain and causes psychotic episodes later on in life.
What a weird way to label a generation of these screen zombies that they have become.

I never heard of "Glow Kids". I guess too much technology has also its (bad)side effect specially for kids. That's why I limit my kids access to tech gadgets like tablets. And parents should strictly monitor their kids otherwise we might have problems in the future if  they keep watching or playing games in their tablets for very long.

Now parents need to teach themselves to control with gadgets, and then have children properly taught. I believe that before 7 years old the child should not be given any of these technologies at all, the maximum cartoons.

Cartoons are violent especially the older ones.

I don't see whats wrong with sitting down with your child and playing some video games together. Not something like GTA5 but puzzle games that make them think. I think its very beneficial to their brain development.

A lot of the cartoon I see today makes kids do really dumb things. Young children usually copy what they see. There's an article I read about how watching TV basically turns your brain off since you don't really have to think.

In cartoons, there is almost nothing good, and sometimes there may even be violence, it is better to play in developing games or on the street.
ZeroHeroVT

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 07:26:09 PM

I spend that amount of time on my computer easily but I am not just wasting myself..

I am either trading and earning crypto, dealing with a lot of numbers is good for my brain, or I am reading and educating myself...

If you are glued to a screen just to be zombie entertained then ya that's bad for you, bu not all uses of technology are..

I wouldn't be 1/10th as smart as I am today without all of the self education that I have done from being infront of a screen..
The fact is that if a person often encounters numbers and at the same time spends different computing equations with mini, then this is automatically remembered and a person can then even intuitively make calculations. Memory is severely broken.
psychosis7

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

severe mental disorder

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:29:34 PM

I brought up my kids using the computer. Since age 5. I always had them playing educational games but as they got older they found the internet and video games. I don't monitor them and allow them freedom to do what they want on their computers. So far they have all turned out fine. They are in University or College and all of them have jobs. No psychotic events from my kids.
00hash01

Activity: 114
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 11:21:59 AM

I brought up my kids using the computer. Since age 5. I always had them playing educational games but as they got older they found the internet and video games. I don't monitor them and allow them freedom to do what they want on their computers. So far they have all turned out fine. They are in University or College and all of them have jobs. No psychotic events from my kids.

You are very fortunate that the children did not find anything wrong with the Internet and developed normally. But for safety, you need to control children.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 11:44:01 AM

When I saw the title of this topic, Glow Kids, I immediately thought of glowing kids, like literally a kid who glows like a glowstick. Lol. I don't think that being in front of a TV or tablets could lead to that but it would have some effects probably.

I thought it was a new age reference to the latest batch of MK ULTRA sex slaves like the so called "indego children". I was expecting a leftist SJW type to be larping on about how these are special children of light and love.
Jonar21

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 07:19:27 PM

You are very fortunate that the children did not find anything wrong with the Internet and developed normally. But for safety, you need to control children.
Do you understand that children not only have access to the Internet and other dangerous things at home? How can they be protected from the fact that it can greatly harm their psyche and the perception of the world?
00hash01

Activity: 114
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 11:04:42 AM

Do you understand that children not only have access to the Internet and other dangerous things at home? How can they be protected from the fact that it can greatly harm their psyche and the perception of the world?

Of course, they can not be protected, but we must try to protect at least from bad information in the media and explain what is good or bad.
DollarPerHour

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 05:12:15 PM

Of course, they can not be protected, but we must try to protect at least from bad information in the media and explain what is good or bad.
Of course this will work if the conversation is not serious, but if legal terms, then even the evidence can be challenged.
Andrew1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 05:17:32 PM

The kids must to do sport , football , handball , basketball , etc , their health is very important . I think that the parents are to blame .
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 06:03:32 PM

if 4 hours is all it takes then i think it's safe to assume that the majority of first world kids will be zombies in the future. everyone's doing it.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: