Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:28:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You are robbed in a foreign country, will bitcoin help you?  (Read 904 times)
BTCSpearo (OP)

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 10:11:07 PM

Say you are traveling in a foreign country and all of your possessions are robbed. You lose your backpack/suitcase, you lose your wallet, your cellphone, your passport etc. Everything except the clothes you are wearing is stolen from you.

How do you re-establish yourself? Will your bitcoin help you? How so?
dondexter

Activity: 180

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 02:26:02 AM

I think it can help you. But you'll definitely need to get access to the internet first.
ReferenceGamblingSite

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 02:34:24 AM

you can only find bitcoin community, example youre visit out side youre country in china, you can find china people bitcoin user
and then you can selling youre bitcoin and get cash money

but is simple youre can visit ambasodor office,  you can ask help for ambasador
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 8248

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 02:47:38 AM

Say you are traveling in a foreign country and all of your possessions are robbed. You lose your backpack/suitcase, you lose your wallet, your cellphone, your passport etc. Everything except the clothes you are wearing is stolen from you.

Home insurance will cover the losses due to theft, travel insurance will cover the rest - including passport renewal - so you wont need your bitcoin to come to your rescue.  If you have a stash of bitcoin, you can afford some insurance.
babsalt1975

Activity: 526
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 02:51:44 AM

Bitcoin will become handy in this case unless one of your gadgets (Ipad/mobile phoneI is tampered with and password to your wallet is accessed. You will simply get access to the internet through a cyber and sell some bitcoins to make you moving
inspiring.rai

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 05:17:07 AM

Yes it will help me in two case I.e. in country Bitcoins are accepted and you should have Bitcoins.
LGH_Vert

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 06:44:58 AM

I would need access to the Internet first, like a public library. From there, I suppose I could sell the BTC I would have...
BTCSpearo (OP)

Activity: 155

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 06:21:27 PM

Before traveling I place a few BTC in a google drive account so that they can be printed out and sold in .5 BTC increments. If I am robbed I use a public library to meet someone from local bitcoins so I can use the local currency to purchase a phone and check into a hotel before going to the Embassy with copies of my passport and birth certificate which I also place in a google drive account prior to travel.
Veider_lord

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 08:01:01 PM

Before traveling I place a few BTC in a google drive account so that they can be printed out and sold in .5 BTC increments. If I am robbed I use a public library to meet someone from local bitcoins so I can use the local currency to purchase a phone and check into a hotel before going to the Embassy with copies of my passport and birth certificate which I also place in a google drive account prior to travel.
What if you stole a phone? Besides, there are countries such as Cuba. There are more problems with the Internet. For example or North Korea. Better to let you will have such problems. Unfortunately it is impossible to be prepared for any situation.
rokkiBalboa

Activity: 53

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 01:31:23 PM

Yes, it will be very helpful as any other e-currency. It is only necessary to have access to the Internet.
abdulaziz07

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 01:43:13 PM

Yes, it will be very helpful as any other e-currency. It is only necessary to have access to the Internet.

Internet or smartphone and bitcoins or any digital currency at your footsteps
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 07:46:52 PM

You can just go to a local bank and get more money, so long as you left all of your important ID in the safe inside your suite. If you had everything in that backpack I think your only option would be to go to the consulate of your country and ask for help.

With bitcoin you would need a computer and internet. If they took you're smartphone then you'll need another with 2fa if you are smart enough to use it. I think bitcoin would be more of a problem since you do not travel with your 2fa code ( for new devices ) nor do you have a spare phone. I don't think bitcoin will help you. No, you'll need fiat and a new passport, etc.. Consulate it is.

toygg

Activity: 306

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 12:58:16 PM

If you lost your cellphone, u are screwed. Unless u got a paper wallet or a hardware wallet with u, then u could sell it for cash and use it to travel to the embassy and stay in a hotel in the meantime while u wait for ur new passport to be issued.
rajasumi3

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 01:59:33 PM

Well if u dont have password in ur bitcoin wallet then it might get lost .on the other hand it is very likely to happen to that u loose ur bitcoins too .selling bitcoins will keep u moving then u have to go to ur home ambassador so that u can file a complaint about it and get the insurance for it.
Mbokani

Activity: 291

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 03:14:32 PM

Well if u dont have password in ur bitcoin wallet then it might get lost .on the other hand it is very likely to happen to that u loose ur bitcoins too .selling bitcoins will keep u moving then u have to go to ur home ambassador so that u can file a complaint about it and get the insurance for it.
The robbers wont bet taking your password unless you are a bit foolish, it all depends upon how you are storing your coins,if its kept in your mobile wallet make sure that the robbers wont mug your mobile and it is possible that someone could help you out with bitcoin but i would rather ask someone to send through western union and would collect my money through them rather than bitcoin.
Basmaty1212

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 03:21:16 PM

Any smartphone can be tracked. Another thing is that cops don't all countries use this opportunity. Normally we remain alone with our problems. So take care of your data and not be lazy every time to enter a password.
shadowdio

Activity: 1876
Merit: 289

Zawardo

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 09:44:54 AM

well yes bitcoin will help but you need access in internet you go internet cafe but be careful some computers might installed hacking software.
mudasarali43

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 10:51:55 AM

If you have some setting of security purose like security code on mobile then it will create some more difficulties but if you have no setting of security on mobile you'll definitely need to get access to the internet first and take benefit from bitcoin.
stefensofa786

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:44:15 AM

yes it will help.
But be carefull when go to other counties.
Just be alert.ENjoy THE COUNTRY AND COME BACK WITH SWEET MEMORIES.
GlassMaster

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 12:13:20 PM

I think it will help a lot. After all, in order to use bitcoin, only the Internet is needed. And if you do not take a lot of cash, you can avoid robbery or reduce losses and use bitcoin.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: