Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 06:25:18 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Radeon HD 7970 and BFI_INT (Phoenix 2.0)  (Read 867 times)
Nyxation (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:54:18 AM

Hello everyone.

I'm new to the bitcoin scene, but figured I'd give a hand in a mining pool since I have a decent rig running all day while I'm away at work. I have a XFX Radeon HD 7970 running the latest Catalyst Drivers and laster APP SDK from the AMD website, paired with Phoenix 2.0. To my understanding, I should be able to enable BFI_INT in my config and hopefully get some more hashes out of my card, but so far all I get is the following:

Code:
Failed to apply BFI_INT patch to kernal! Is BFI_INT supported for this hardware?

I reinstalled my Catalyst Driveres and APP SDK just in case, and rebooted, but no luck. I do have phoenix running off of my D partition while my drivers are on C, but I'd hope that would not be the case.

Here is my current config:

Code:
[general]
    autodetect = +cl -cpu #Use autodetect for all OpenCL devices, except those which are CPUs.
    verbose = False #Enable verbose logging?
    backend = <redact>
    failback = 600 #Seconds between attempts to reconnect to primary backend when using backups. (0 to disable)
    queuesize = 1 #Target/maximum size of the queue
    queuedelay = 5 #Seconds before work expires to request more work (WARNING: don't change this unless you know what you are doing!)
    statusinterval = 1 #Seconds between statusbar updates
    ratesamples = 10 #Number of samples to average for hashrate reporting
    logfile = False #Set this option to log to a file.
[web]
    disabled = False #Disable the RPC server?
[cl:0:0]
    autoconfigure = False #Automatically configure this device?
    kernel = opencl #The kernel to use for the device
    name = GPU 0 #The name to display the device as (default is device ID if not specified)
    start_undetected = False #Do not start the kernel if the device is not present
    disabled = False #Disable this device?
    worksize = 256 #Work group size, tweaking this option may improve performance
    vectors = True #Use unit2 vectors? (enable this or vectors4, not both)
    vectors4 = False #Use uint4 vectors? (enable this or vectors, not both)
    bfi_int = False #Use BFI_INT instruction on ATI VLIW GPUs?
    goffset = True #Use OpenCL 1.1 global offset?
    fastloop = False #Use fast internal loop? (ideal for low aggression)
    aggression = 10 #Number of nonces to test per kernel execution (lower value = less desktop lag, higher value = higher hashrate)

If anyone has any suggestions, or are using this exact card and got it working, please let me know. I greatly appreciate any and all help!
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 06:12:36 PM

Hi there,

what are you currently getting out of your card?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Nyxation (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 10:12:53 PM

At start, it reports 580~ MHash/s, though within a minute or two that stabalizes out to around 440-460 MHash/s. While not terrible, the mining hardware comparison seems to indicate that I should be getting a far higher stable output.

I've tried completely uninstalling the SDK and manually removing the files from my C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ directory, followed by re-installing the SDK but still not luck on the BFI_INT.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: