Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:50:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcointalk preparing for 100 million users as bitcoin grows?  (Read 2076 times)
ololajulo (OP)

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 05:49:18 PM

The word bitcoin is spreading  like the air and bitcointalk is also a conveyor but is the forum preparing for the massive community of 100 million with diverse people.
1. where there will be millions of legendary and hero applying for a campaign.
2. more Fake campaigns with new ways to fraud members
3. where there will be lots of stupid threads and spaming
4. Ranting on the threads and possible attempt of hack

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1336

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2017, 06:35:19 PM

100 million forum members, I think it's only theorical thing. Until now, bitcointalk have less than million registered users, and half of these users didn't made single post. I predict that real number of active bitcointalk users is around 100k people.
If bitcoin community will grow, it doesn't means that all these people will use bitcointalk. Not everyone is interested in discussions, signature campaign, spamming, ranting and etc. They only will use bitcoin as a currency.
But if forum community will grow, bitcointalk will need for more staff to control everything.

manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 06:39:59 PM

The word bitcoin is spreading  like the air and bitcointalk is also a conveyor but is the forum preparing for the massive community of 100 million with diverse people.

There are tons of inactive accounts. Registered user does not mean active user.

The fake campaings or other frauds will naturally get wipped by the market. If you offer a shit service, nobody will be intersted.

Stupid threads and spamming get taken care of mods. Also trolling is fun and sometimes pointless threads can be fun, the offtopic section is a good place for that.

And rants are accepted and hacks, well that is your problem, stay smart and disable javascript is my advice (I hope the new forum software remains simple and functional with javascript off)
mrkevio

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 06:41:36 PM

When Bitcointalk will reach 100 million ACTIVE users, we will know already that we're ready for it to go big. Both the price, popularity and everything else. Bitcoin itself doesn't have 100 million users.. BTCTalk doing so would mean most people around the world are already using it in their lives.

BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 06:51:31 PM

The word bitcoin is spreading  like the air and bitcointalk is also a conveyor but is the forum preparing for the massive community of 100 million with diverse people.

As what is said earlier the registered account were less than 1M, and most of them are inactive, aside from that several accounts were own by 1 person.  So basically 100M is quite large number that is hard to achieve.

We cannot forbid people from creating this fake services but fake, poor service company will be weed out of the forum for it's thread will either be forced close or abandon by the users.

There are lots of people from all range of lives, this is subjective since each person have different view.  One is shit for the other but it means well for the other one.  So we can see lots of spammy thread if the discussion falls below our standards.

If the forum got a larger audience of active member each interacting with each other, and with trading, moderation and trust rating, there will always a ranting threads and hack attempt will be always there 24/7
miningdude

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

Have a mining rig

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 06:52:37 PM

When Bitcointalk will reach 100 million ACTIVE users, we will know already that we're ready for it to go big. Both the price, popularity and everything else. Bitcoin itself doesn't have 100 million users.. BTCTalk doing so would mean most people around the world are already using it in their lives.

Lol theymos will be a blilionaire
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 06:53:04 PM

Lol bitcointalk is almost at a million users. So I wouldn't be too worried about 100million just yet. Also, there are a lot of people with more than one account so it's not even close to a million actual users.
wizmo

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 06:55:48 PM

Lol theymos will be a blilionaire

He will be for sure as we see day by day not only bitcoin price is going up but this forum user are also increasing very fast.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 07:29:32 PM

More bitcoin activity takes place on reddit than on this forum, so I don't think this place need worry!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 07:48:31 PM

Of course, in case of a massive adoption for 100 millions new users would not involve that all of them would be interested in participate in this forum, even it would bring new opportunities to increase the number of forums devoted to discuss the bitcoin issues. For instance, there are millions of Forex traders but the greatest Forex forums only have a maximum of 100,000 forum members despite they are offering huge bonuses for posting there.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 07:53:17 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2017, 11:30:26 PM by European Central Bank

the bigger bitcoin becomes, the more irrelevant this forum will be. one day this place'll be a historical artefact and maybe not a lot more. to know that it's really arrived bitcoin has to be something its users don't even question or have any curiosity about. it's just there.
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 07:55:35 PM

As what is said earlier the registered account were less than 1M, and most of them are inactive, aside from that several accounts were own by 1 person.  So basically 100M is quite large number that is hard to achieve.

We cannot forbid people from creating this fake services but fake, poor service company will be weed out of the forum for it's thread will either be forced close or abandon by the users.

There are lots of people from all range of lives, this is subjective since each person have different view.  One is shit for the other but it means well for the other one.  So we can see lots of spammy thread if the discussion falls below our standards.

If the forum got a larger audience of active member each interacting with each other, and with trading, moderation and trust rating, there will always a ranting threads and hack attempt will be always there 24/7
You just said all the problem will remain at more users and some not even problems at all, so no one is preparing for this large number challenges

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 08:08:15 PM

100 million forum members, I think it's only theorical thing. Until now, bitcointalk have less than million registered users, and half of these users didn't made single post. I predict that real number of active bitcointalk users is around 100k people.
If bitcoin community will grow, it doesn't means that all these people will use bitcointalk. Not everyone is interested in discussions, signature campaign, spamming, ranting and etc. They only will use bitcoin as a currency.
But if forum community will grow, bitcointalk will need for more staff to control everything.

I agree with you and even in adding to that every thing in life is a phase and even those of us here now its a phase as we have had people who have even gotten to a higher rank at one point in time, then became inactive whether through life issues or they find interest somewhere else or it could be sickness or death so I will say that the more people comes, some other people are also dropping out of the forum...
Lionidas

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 08:12:32 PM

How many users are we at now?
It was 93600 last time I was even interested to know. Undecided
rytyr

Activity: 473
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 08:30:00 PM

I would not be worry about this. First, there are less than 1 million users yet and a big part of these members are not active and farmed accounts. I think, when Bitcoin reaches the masses the most will not come here because they will group in local boards in there particular language. You can observe this. In many countries, local board about Bitcoin exists yet.
Futher, the team of this board has worked for creating a new forums software since a couple of years. When it will be released I expect it could handle a much bigger amount of users than the current 1 millions.
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 09:26:07 PM

Even if bitcoin surpasses that number of bitcoin users that doesn´t mean that these users will create a Bitcointalk account. Since you can read threads without having an account many Bitcoin users don´t even bother to register an account while many other Bitcoin users just don´t care or don´t know about Bitcointalk or just use Reddit
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 09:31:44 PM

There are never going to be that many users right now we are in the 900k, many will just read the forum when they have a doubt, if they really needed then they may create an account and make a few post to ask questions and that is it, so we are never going to see that amount of users in the forum.
Simonsolo

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 10:35:44 PM

This forum is by far the best way to learn about bitcoins and we can also earn here because most of the gambling sites owners have signature campaigns, while I would never earn through it because I posses nice amount of bitcoins myself.
I think getting 1 million is a nice milestone.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 10:48:33 PM

Bitcointalk threads will be studied in centuries by now once bitcoin is the universal currency used in all colonized planets. This forum is already a legend because the creator of bitcoin itself started here and posted himself a lot of useful information that everyone interested in bitcoin will look for.

Let them say, that I posted in the time of satoshi. A thing to tell your grandkids about.
Valiance

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 10:57:01 PM

I think that Bitcoin's adoption will be fairly slow and arduous - it has been gradually increasing over several years already and every month there are several posts predicting a huge leap in price or mainstream adoption but these are mainly based on hyperbole.

What I would say though is that if this increase happened quickly, you're right, there would be a moderation crisis as there would be huge amounts of spam and fraud from new members, which is one of the only downsides to Bitcoin being fully online and (pretty much) anonymous.

Fortunately I think that the economic incentives for signature spam are actually not very good because campaigns with too many spammers get bad reputations and people don't want to use their service.  Also, it's a lot easier for mods to decide what to do about a whole campaign than each individual user of it, which I would imagine could make it easier.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: