Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:16:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Calculating Z Values for a Bitcoin Transaction  (Read 977 times)
BTCMORGAN (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 06:23:23 PM

I know this has been likely asked before, but I've done research and can't seem to find an answer that allows a non-technical person such as myself to simply do this.

Is there a script (E.g.python) that I could use to automatically calculate the Z values?
achow101
Legendary
expert

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6641

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2017, 07:02:22 PM

What Z value? There is no value in a Bitcoin transaction or in ECDSA signatures that is called "Z".

amaclin
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 09:34:10 PM

I know this has been likely asked before, but I've done research and can't seem to find
an answer that allows a non-technical person such as myself to simply do this.
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/32628/redeeming-a-raw-transaction-step-by-step-example-required/32695#32695
step 14

Is there a script (E.g.python) that I could use to automatically calculate the Z values?

What do you mean by "automatically calculate"?
Who would provide the transaction for a script?

What Z value? There is no value in a Bitcoin transaction or in ECDSA signatures that is called "Z".
ECDSA digest for signing
BTCMORGAN (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 06:31:09 AM

I know this has been likely asked before, but I've done research and can't seem to find
an answer that allows a non-technical person such as myself to simply do this.
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/32628/redeeming-a-raw-transaction-step-by-step-example-required/32695#32695
step 14

What do you mean by "automatically calculate"?
Who would provide the transaction for a script?

ECDSA digest for signing

Thanks Amaclin!  This is what I was looking for and its good explanation.  Is there any code that can do this automatically by pulling a transaction ID off the blockchain (which would import the details)?
amaclin
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 01:57:17 PM

Is there any code that can do this automatically by pulling a transaction ID off the blockchain (which would import the details)?
I can write such program. Are you ready to pay for it?
And why do you want to check the txid? It is so boring!
Why not to pass the blockId (hash or height) to a program and check all transactions in block?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: