Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:59:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook Messenger Chatbot backed by Bitcoin Wallet - looking for testers  (Read 1519 times)
ftreml (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 08:55:46 PM

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for qualified feedback to my new project called "Itipu" (I tip you).

Itipu is a Bitcoin Wallet which is operated within a Facebook Messenger chat, so it's a chatbot. Sounds weird at first, but the one and only use case is to just tell it "send 2 USD to john" and (after entering a PIN code) the Bitcoin are on Johns wallet. No website required, no login, no extra app - just the pure Facebook Messenger. And no Bitcoin nerding to the user - no addresses, no private keys, no QR code scanning. So real user friendly.

Some nerdtalk: the wallet is encrypted with a user selected PIN directly in an embedded web view on client side, so the wallet is safe (even the chatbot code behind never gets to see it). The wallet can be imported into other Bitcoin wallets (just say "backup" to the chatbot and it will tell you how).

You can find it here: https://www.facebook.com/Itipu-1868368513448170/ - please just tip on "Send message" button or scan the blue messenger-code with your facebook messenger app. There is no manual or instructions, because the Chatbot itself should give advice.

I'm lookin forward to qualified feedback and discussions.

Thanks

Florian

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 07:07:12 AM

What will be the purpose of this bot?Just to send/receive small btc payments and nothing more?
I`m curious about this,but i deleted my facebook account.FB is too boring for me.
I don` t understand how this tool will be helpful for the bitcoin users?
Good luck with your project.

Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 07:36:25 AM

Looks good to attract people who spend their time in facebook timeline.

I visited the page, and see the post, I think OP should make it readable, I means use English, even for the video tutorial. And I don't have idea how to start, I think the bot should introduce first when we liked the page, the introduction include how to use the bot, what keyword to send, receive, ect.
ftreml (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 08:38:07 AM

What will be the purpose of this bot?Just to send/receive small btc payments and nothing more?
I`m curious about this,but i deleted my facebook account.FB is too boring for me.
I don` t understand how this tool will be helpful for the bitcoin users?

One of the main ideas is that you don't even have to know that you are a Bitcoin user ... which I think is one of the crucial points for Bitcoin acceptance: currently it seems scary and technical to use Bitcoin

But you are right, the purpose is to send and receive small P2P payments. Later there will be someting like "group accounts" to collect small payments from friends (for example, for a betting community, or a birthday present).

ftreml (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 08:48:54 AM

I visited the page, and see the post, I think OP should make it readable, I means use English, even for the video tutorial. And I don't have idea how to start, I think the bot should introduce first when we liked the page, the introduction include how to use the bot, what keyword to send, receive, ect.

Thanks for the input. The bot itself is in english and german, but you are right, everything should be accessible in english language.
Actually, the bot should have introduced itself when starting the conversation, but I already noticed that this is not fully relieable with Facebook Messenger. In these cases, you can just start the conversation with "hello", "help" or "tell me a joke" ...
vaibhavsingh

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 09:07:52 AM

You facebook page isn't readable, please post in English or I bet you'll loose any possible users/traffic.
Btw your idea is nice but still, people won't use it much coz of transaction fees on small payments.  Smiley

topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 10:41:13 AM

Nice idea but Facebook is not a save site, the password can easily be hacked, that is my main concern because it is possible for someone to intercept ones transaction. I like to also know if this project is an open source project so that people can look into tthe whole code and see if their is no bug inside and even a virus fro your own part
ftreml (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 11:36:18 AM

Nice idea but Facebook is not a save site, the password can easily be hacked, that is my main concern because it is possible for someone to intercept ones transaction. I like to also know if this project is an open source project so that people can look into tthe whole code and see if their is no bug inside and even a virus fro your own part

Finally, a real good question.

When entering the chatbot, you are asked to enter your personal PIN code. This PIN code is separate from your Facebook password (of course) and is used to encrypt your Bitcoin wallet. The PIN is entered in a "web view" (a browser window) and all encryption/decryption stuff is done on the client side, as with other online Bitcoin wallets. It can be hacked for sure by Keyloggers, but that's the same with other Wallets.

The code can be inspected in the browser, there is no code scrambling used, so yes, it is "open source". It is currently not public in Github, but this wouldn't help anyway because you could not tell if the code from Github is actually the same as served within the application itself.

I posted a short Screen video on the Facebook page so you can see how it works. For those without Facebook account, it's on Youtube now as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lDILIkOtjw

ftreml (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 09:07:38 AM

Here is an article I wrote for the Chatbots Magazine:

https://chatbotsmagazine.com/building-the-most-basic-bitcoin-wallet-ever-in-facebook-messenger-a71014d46258
creepyjas

Activity: 854
Merit: 272

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 03:14:30 PM

Hi, I just tried your itipu on facebook, watched the video and even fast read the article. I was able to reach the phase where I need to choose my PIN and that's it. Just wondering, if I am going to send x btc to "joe" and assuming that I have several friends named Joe, how would itipu do this? Will it show every joe in my account and select one profile that fits the "joe"? Another thing is, how would the user know what terms should be used within itipu? I was able to get past the setting up PIN message by guessing the word "Ok" is the keyword.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: