Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:34:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people believe in religion?  (Read 19532 times)
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 10:42:09 PM

There are many religious people on earth. Even the vast majority of the world believes in monotheistic religions.
And often they do not question belief systems. There are many people who have Christian, Muslim and Jewish beliefs.

Why do they still believe in religion. I can not understand why people believe in religions in the age when we can reach the information so quickly.
Because people need a reason, because believing in something greater than yourself seems to be part of human nature.
I don't need a religion to have morality or to know my life has a purpose. I also don't need someone to blame for my mistakes. I know there probably is something greater than us in the universe, but I don't feel the need to worship this entity.
That said, I understand that some people may feel weak and lonely and need someone to rely on. Father god, who believes in them and watches over them even when there's nobody around and there's no hope.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 10:43:43 PM

There are many religious people on earth. Even the vast majority of the world believes in monotheistic religions.
And often they do not question belief systems. There are many people who have Christian, Muslim and Jewish beliefs.

Why do they still believe in religion. I can not understand why people believe in religions in the age when we can reach the information so quickly.
Because people need a reason, because believing in something greater than yourself seems to be part of human nature.
Yes, that's right, every human has their own minds and they believe what they want, humans are free and religion is just like a side line for making his self happy and contended here living in Earth.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
radjie

Activity: 1792
Merit: 264

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 05:33:43 AM

Because everyone wants to cling to each Trust
ilovefeetsmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 06:33:30 AM

Because we born that way. If you believe in your religion, no questions to ask. I still believe in my religion because they didn't do anything bad for me. They just spread the word of god. Respect what others believe so they will also respect yours. There are also called miracle that didn't will gonna happen. God did the miracle for us to believe him that he still exist.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████▀▀      ▀▀▀██████████████████
█████████▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄▄▄▄  ▄██▀▀     ▀▀████████
███████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄████████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀█████
██████   ▄█████████▄████████▀  ▄▄█████████▄   ████
█████   ▄█████████████████▀  ▄██████████████▄▄▄███
██            ██████████▀  ▄██████████████████████
█████   ▀█████████████▀  ▄██████████████████▀▀▀███
██████   ▀█████████▀▀  ▄████████▀█████████▀   ████
███████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████████▀    ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█████
█████████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀  ▀▀▀▀   ▄▄▄      ▄▄████████
████████████████████▄▄▄     ▄▄████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
.Ethernity CLOUD.

...DECENTRALIZED CONFIDENTIAL COMPUTING...PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021.....REGISTER HERE..
Chin Cheng

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 06:35:51 AM

If you have the freedom to think your thought is right then every other person has the same kind of thinking,why is there a talk about religion and belief when there are other things in the world you have to take care of,say for example,poverty , job opportunity , equality and many more. The topic you are dealing does have varied interest according to different sections of humanity and so everyone has their own freedom to choose what he wants and what to follow.
farl2web

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 09:56:09 AM

Stronger people (leaders) came up with religions in order to manage the weaker (gray mass). But now more and more people are realizing that they are trying to manage with the help of religion and decide for themselves what to believe or not to believe.
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 01:38:42 PM

Because we were just humans. Humans sometimes need some hope and the only thing for us to get it is through our faith and religion. Tho i find some religious group abusive i would not just state it
wenjunnnnn

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 01:47:41 PM

Don't care how people think, just believe what we want to believe, but must confirm that things worth to believe even if people feel like can't believe
sanaravena

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 01:48:10 PM

Every religion is also a set of traditions which people need to have the feeling they belong to something. Smiley It's like common interests of sorts.
Then comes the factor of avoiding responsibility (saying it's all fate and meant to be), manipulating, power, control, etc. But people still need to belong to a group and identify themselves with something greater. In my opinion, it's as simple as that. Perhaps, we won't need it so badly in future, but we still do for some reason. Hopefully, people will start separating faith and religion.
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 02:13:59 PM

If you have the freedom to think your thought is right then every other person has the same kind of thinking,why is there a talk about religion and belief when there are other things in the world you have to take care of,say for example,poverty , job opportunity , equality and many more. The topic you are dealing does have varied interest according to different sections of humanity and so everyone has their own freedom to choose what he wants and what to follow.
How is religion freedom to think?..You are getting told by a religion  on how to think and behave ..
It's not freedom of thought is it Wink.

Yes you have a right to be a slave   if you so choose  Grin    BUT DON'T MAKE ME BELIEVE IT TOO 

What people believe in   Do they have a right to say i will burn forever if i do not believe in what they believe in..?

I have a goblin do you believe me?..Well if you don't a bus kills you one day..

Well if i don't believe in religion like Islam or Christianity they say i will burn forever..

So for not believing in my goblin your getting run over by a bus..

Don't believe me well i want a war..And i will kill everyone who doesn't believe my goblin..

Well how do you think they got people to believe..KILL YOU
Then the parents would spread the lies to their children..Save them from getting killed..

By nutcase religious freaks..

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1373

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 02:28:42 PM

Every religion is also a set of traditions which people need to have the feeling they belong to something. Smiley It's like common interests of sorts.
Then comes the factor of avoiding responsibility (saying it's all fate and meant to be), manipulating, power, control, etc. But people still need to belong to a group and identify themselves with something greater. In my opinion, it's as simple as that. Perhaps, we won't need it so badly in future, but we still do for some reason. Hopefully, people will start separating faith and religion.

Tribalism is ingrained in our genes.  Political affiliation, nationalism, racism, pretty much all -isms are prime examples.

Religions are as made up mental constructs are all other -isms.  Some -isms are more evil than the others.  Pick your poison.

In the end, we all are apes, are here for a very short period of time, pass on our genes and die.

In few hundred years, nobody will know you ever existed.  Think about it.

Family is the tribalism that is engrained in our genes. God put it there.    Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 02:35:02 PM

It was my goblin ^
gracia0023

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 02:40:48 PM

We believe in religion because we also believe in God. It is not the religion that could save us. It is only God. But of course religion helps us to bring us closer to God. Too bad, some people were only using religion as an excuse to use other people for financial purpose. Some doesn't even know the essence of it.
Maximilian_333

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 02:44:54 PM

We believe in religion because we also believe in God. It is not the religion that could save us. It is only God. But of course religion helps us to bring us closer to God. Too bad, some people were only using religion as an excuse to use other people for financial purpose. Some doesn't even know the essence of it.
And as you approached? In my country when a person dies they say that he went to God. I don't recommend you get too close to him to approach.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 02:48:27 PM

It was my goblin ^

It's your goblin that's gobblin' you. Once it gobbles you all the way, you will have no chance to turn and be saved for eternal life.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
OliynyK

Activity: 149

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 03:07:49 PM

If you believe in god ,does god have a religion and if that is not the case how could a religion brings us closer to god. Religion is a financial cash cow that could make a billion dollars and people will be willing to donate as much money in fear that god will curse if you are not donating. Tongue Silly
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 03:19:12 PM

If you believe in god ,does god have a religion and if that is not the case how could a religion brings us closer to god. Religion is a financial cash cow that could make a billion dollars and people will be willing to donate as much money in fear that god will curse if you are not donating. Tongue Silly

God doesn't believe anything except one thing which I will mention, below. God doesn't believe, because God knows. God knows everything except one tiny, tiny thing. Since He knows everything, He doesn't have to believe about anything. No religion. Just knowledge. And super scientific knowledge at that.

What is the one thing that God doesn't know? First, God doesn't know it because He has hidden it from Himself. He has hidden it from Himself so that He can have enjoyment in finding it out, just like we get enjoyment in delightful surprises. This thing has to do with the amount of inner faith we have in God. God actually knows all about our faith - the direction it is going, and how strong it is. But there is a tiny bit of the core faith in each individual that God allows the individual to have control over without His knowledge.

The Bible explains that Abraham (of the Old Testament) believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness. In other words, God wasn't expecting the great core faith that Abraham had in Him. And when God saw it, it gave Him so much joy that He made Abraham to be the father of many nations, and the head of the family line of people through which Jesus Christ would come, and ultimately came.

Cool

af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2017, 05:24:05 PM

God doesn't believe anything except one thing which I will mention, below. God doesn't believe, because God knows. God knows everything except one tiny, tiny thing. Since He knows everything, He doesn't have to believe about anything. No religion. Just knowledge. And super scientific knowledge at that.

What is the one thing that God doesn't know? First, God doesn't know it because He has hidden it from Himself. He has hidden it from Himself so that He can have enjoyment in finding it out, just like we get enjoyment in delightful surprises. This thing has to do with the amount of inner faith we have in God. God actually knows all about our faith - the direction it is going, and how strong it is. But there is a tiny bit of the core faith in each individual that God allows the individual to have control over without His knowledge.

The Bible explains that Abraham (of the Old Testament) believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness. In other words, God wasn't expecting the great core faith that Abraham had in Him. And when God saw it, it gave Him so much joy that He made Abraham to be the father of many nations, and the head of the family line of people through which Jesus Christ would come, and ultimately came.

Cool

So now you know what God believes or knows?  How delusional are you?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 05:40:26 PM

Cool

So now you know what God believes or knows?  How delusional are you?

Here's how we know this. The universe operates solely by cause and effect. Science law. Knowledge is part of this universe. For God to have set up the universe by cause and effect so that not even the weakest of physics laws fails in the least, He has to know everything.

If we are talking about things outside of this universe, in God's realm, because we are tied to this universe, we cannot fathom that which is outside. So, we don't know that God has belief outside of knowledge.

The Bible is the word of God. In the Bible God tells us that He knows all things, but He shows that He doesn't seem know the inner workings of the heart of man at times. The only answer is that He hides some knowledge from Himself, so that He can have joy when He gets good surprises.

Cool

Discovery 17

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 06:50:23 PM

I agree with you. All religion is deception of people for the purpose of receiving money from them. For the money, periodically there are very real war. Now Islam went on the offensive because you know the oil reserves are not eternal.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: