Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:32:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people believe in religion?  (Read 19532 times)
Gogsy

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:29:56 PM

You know what they say, it's easier to cry in a Ferrari than on a bicycle Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Discovery 17

Activity: 53

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:32:06 PM

I don't know why people believe in religion (especially in today's world with the all information available few mouse clicks away) but I think it's their right to believe in whatever they want. For example I was raised in a family where my mother has been christian and my father has been atheist. Until I was 17 I believed in God and Jesus but after reading many books and documentaries I stopped believing. And it was on my own. Nobody forced me to believe or not to believe.

The most important thing is that whatever you believe in does not harm anyone. As long as you keep it for yourself and for your own spiritual good I don't see any problem. I know my mother finds strength in her belief so why would I try to convince her to stop believing.

I think that many people search for purpose in their life.
I believe also in the spiritual reality, not just physical.
Yes, scientists can create many ''nice'' things and our life is better now than before, but still many people feel''empty'' and without purpose of life.
Do you think that technology or science can give us purpose of life?
Or help us find ''inner'' peace in our mind?
I don't think so.
When we talk about God, we are talking about spiritual reality, and science can't help us in this area.

but still many people feel''empty'' and without purpose of life...

BECAUSE THEY ARE POOR Wink..

This is individual. I know people who are rich in material things (money, cars etc.) but feel empty inside. And on the other side there are people who have nothing but family and they are happiest people I know.
The void God was not complete. This is the place for family, friends and animals. When a business takes all the time and it turns out. This often happens with rich people because the poor have more time for personal life.
Guzztsar

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:02:06 PM

Not religion itself, but the faith, sometimes can bring hope and comfort, it's very useful in certain situations, helping even in medical situations.
The problem is not religion, but human nature.
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 01:01:43 AM

You know what they say, it's easier to cry in a Ferrari than on a bicycle Grin
Cheesy

Experiment ?..

2 islands   Give 1 island the bible and let them live   Give the other island money every week .. 
like a universal income

Which island will be most happiest and feel free .
And which island will have less mental health problems..?

Mass grave found at former Catholic orphanage in Ireland | Daily Mail ...
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article.../Mass-grave-former-Catholic-mother-baby-home.ht...
3 Mar 2017 - The remains were found in a disused sewer during excavations at the Bon Secours Mother and Baby Home in Tuam, County Galway. ... The inquiry was launched after local historian Catherine Corless said there was evidence of an unmarked graveyard at the home, where records showed almost 800 children died between 1925 and 1961.

Endemic' rape and abuse of Irish children in Catholic care, inquiry ...
https://www.theguardian.com › World › Ireland
20 May 2009 - 'Endemic' rape and abuse of Irish children in Catholic care, inquiry finds ... Rape and sexual molestation were "endemic" in Irish Catholic church-run ... for those clergy involved in child sex abuse to confront their actions. In an .

Yes we understand why people need GOD     FOR HELP BECAUSE THEY ARE VERY SICK PEOPLE..^
And no sane human will forgive them..

'Endemic' rape and abuse of Irish children in Catholic care, inquiry ...
https://www.theguardian.com › World › Ireland
20 May 2009 - Rape and sexual molestation were "endemic" in Irish Catholic church-run industrial schools and orphanages, a report revealed today.

Enjoy the church because the church sure does enjoy you Cheesy..
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 01:19:40 AM

I don't know why people believe in religion (especially in today's world with the all information available few mouse clicks away) but I think it's their right to believe in whatever they want. For example I was raised in a family where my mother has been christian and my father has been atheist. Until I was 17 I believed in God and Jesus but after reading many books and documentaries I stopped believing. And it was on my own. Nobody forced me to believe or not to believe.

The most important thing is that whatever you believe in does not harm anyone. As long as you keep it for yourself and for your own spiritual good I don't see any problem. I know my mother finds strength in her belief so why would I try to convince her to stop believing.

Yes, scientists can create many ''nice'' things and our life is better now than before, but still many people feel''empty'' and without purpose of life.
I don't think so.
When we talk about God, we are talking about spiritual reality, and science can't help us in this area.

but still many people feel''empty'' and without purpose of life...

BECAUSE THEY ARE POOR Wink..

This is individual. I know people who are rich in material things (money, cars etc.) but feel empty inside. And on the other side there are people who have nothing but family and they are happiest people I know.
The void God was not complete. This is the place for family, friends and animals. When a business takes all the time and it turns out. This often happens with rich people because the poor have more time for personal life.
A persons with 25 million is just as poor as a persons living in a council home..

Yes nice life but no real power..
Enough power to smash and build the board back up again for the next game of chess..
That's power Wink..
And that's the 1 to 10% of the elite ..These people love you loving religion ..
KEEPS POOR PEOPLE BUSY..

YER JUST GIVE THEM A BOOK AND THEY BE SQUABBLING ALL YEAR Cheesy..

NO but you got to pay your taxes     SHHHH here you go a bible  chapter 4 verse 6
MAKE YOUR OWN MONEY DUMB SHITS Cheesy..
And don't forget if we have a war throw your poor children on the front line..
should lower those begging bums..
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 01:28:14 AM

Oh i forgot to mention that's why they brought ISLAM to the west because religion was dying out not enough squabbling  so they thought bring ISLAM that should do it..

Have you not noticed the YACHT CLUB getting bigger and the poor getting Islam religion to keep you busy
while they spend..

Always been about control while the rich spend..ARE YOU RICH ?..1 BILLION POUND YACHT..

They get yachts we mere mortals get ISLAM.. Angry Angry..
Jelly0621

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 05:42:55 AM

I do believe in religion because my parents believed me to since I was young. And I am greatful that my parents believed in religion.

We do believe in religion because we believe that God existed.
And peope believe in God because He is the truth.
hoian0809
Legendary

Activity: 1020
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 06:07:32 AM

Because humans never change. People believe in many things not just religion and regardless what faith is put in - religion, science, patriarchic oppression of women, commonly accepted morals - most people will have convictions, that’ll make them feel better.
BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 09:14:55 AM

If you do not embrace any religion in this world, then you are living in this world for what? what the purpose of your life in this world if you do not believe in any religion?

The most basic purpose of life is to pass on your genes to the next generation  (or not).

The purpose of any lifeform is to live and see their offspring live.

That is how life sustains itself.

You can make your life useful to others, you can enjoy it.  You might as well.  You only got one life after all.

whether you believe in the existence of heaven and hell?

The nature does not care if you believe in hell or heaven. Earthquakes and hurricanes happen no matter what you believe.

Species survive or go extinct no matter if you believe in Ra, Zeus or more recently in Jesus.

what you ever have a problem? how do you solve the problem? Do you not care with the problems you are currently facing? problem is a test, so earthquakes etc it was is a test. then why there Mosque, Church, Temple, Shrine, Pagoda, Synagogue. What are they doing there? what they expect there? if they are not expecting paradise? then why there a place of worship if you do not believe in the existence of heaven and hell? Do you know the "faith"?
1> If you have a problem, you use that thing between your eyes to solve it.

2> People came up with the concept of 'God(s)' to fill up the gaps in the understanding of how the nature works.
This need to have answers to everything is well ingraied in all of us.

3> Some of us fill this need with imaginary concepts, others sit down and try to investigate, reason out the solutions.

The sad reality is that there is no heaven or hell.  I wish they were.  Some of the fucked up Muslim followers (ISIS or Sharia Law sympatizers) or Christian pedophiles should definetly go to hell.  But unfortunately we all die and decompose, whether you are a saint or an ISIS executioner.

People came up with science to console themselves that they will never be able to fill in the gaps.

Cool

4> People turn to science for answers that their faith cannot give them as their religion has too many gaps.

Science fills those gaps and what gaps are not filled are being researched.

1> If you only use the eye to resolve the problem, I think the problem will not be completed if you just see/staring problem with an eye. lol

2> Not everyone came up with the concept of 'God(s)', as I have found in the post above "someone does not care about the natural disasters" people like it not have religion and faith.

3> Heaven and hell it exist. ISIS are not Muslims, ISIS is a terrorist organization. Terrorists are organizations that do not understand the true meaning of jihad. Everyone can follow ISIS and everyone can join with ISIS, why everyone can enter ISIS? because ISIS is a terrorist organization. ISIS not RELIGIOUS.

4> for me, this kind of thing is no need to be researched. lol

Are you kidding me? ISIS is as Muslim as your fucking prophet Muhammad.  No need to takiyya anyone here.  These guys implement Sharia Law in all conquered lands, just like your Mohammed did.

ISIS are the real Muslims you are not.  Once they get to where you live your head will be on the stick.

If you truly believe in what you are saying I know you are not a Muslim, but if you just takiyya us, I perfectly understand.

Either way, if you believe in any of that 6th century ideology, you are not mentally well.  Good luck.

you stupid or what? after I spoke at length here you think I'm TAQIYYA?! LOL. ISIS is terrorist organization so all religions can be a member of ISIS. I just laugh when Muslims regarded as ISIS, LOL.

ISIS follows the words of the Koran way better than your average Muslim.

Cool

ISIS wrong in understanding the purpose of understanding the Quran, they assess the word "jihad" is still in a raw state, so they're going the wrong way / astray, they thought to be terrorists is a form of jihad, actually not. terrorism is barbarity and cruelty on this earth, not a Muslim.

No, ISIS has a correct understanding.

The words of the Koran are being expressed incorrectly by your Islamic clerics. They do this because they know that the war that the Koran demands would destroy Islam if it were done.

In the Koran, there is peace for Muslims. There is temporary peace for non-Muslims while Muslims are trying to convert them to Islam. Then, if the people won't convert to Islam, death to the infidels.

See http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/quran/023-violence.htm.

Cool

I do not agree with this article, the article you provide is articles that are clearly wrong in understanding the Quran. Now I know why many people who hate Islam. it turns out those who have been accused of Islam as terrorists, they have been poisoned by the articles misguided and very misleading. they do not know the exact contents of Quran so easily deceived by the articles of garbage like that. It's very tragic.

It sounds like you are someone who has been brainwashed by the Islamic clerics so that you can see the Koran violence directives right in front of you, and still say that they are not there.

Cool

you always prejudiced and judgmental people offhand, you accuse me as a person whose brain has been washed, it's a joke haha, with frontal you judging me "as if" you are right, LOL. I can also accuse or judge you with what I like, but I do not want to, why? because in Islam we are not taught to bad things like that, any little thing like that also is forbidden in Islam let alone war. LOL, I'm sure there is no religion that teaches for battle or war.

If you believe in that 6th century manual for psychopaths you have lost your mind.  It will take you decades to de-program yourself from this cult and be free.

In other words, you are seriously fucked up.  Only you can help yourself.  Otherwise you will go down the path of Islam.   From religion of peace to Sharia Law to cutting off hands and killing gays and stoning women, you'll see.  If you don't accept these punishments today you'll swear by them in the future

What are you talking about? I seriously did not understand what you're saying and I do not understand the meaning of your words. LOL

Do you now want to talk about gays?
Do you know the history of "The Sodom and Gomorrah"?
Do you know the history of the annihilation of Pompeii from the earth by the disaster so devastating?

If you know immediately you repent.

Good Luck.
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 01:10:44 PM

Because they scare. Everything is unknown after dead. So they need to believe something not to get crazy.
bra4our

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 01:27:35 PM

In some way Religion that s the one that preaches peace and prosperity and eventually eternal life, brings hope to people and helps us through the turmoils of the world. It also brings out the best in people, Most people do good deeds so that they could be rewarded in the afterlife.
sekaiissobig

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 01:38:59 PM

I don't think so.

All our sense is controlled by neuron and scientists are looking to understand our cell from its basic cell such as stem cell until differentiated cell such as nerve cell. Hence, if scientists can truely understand how the system/feeling happen around our body, the spiritual need shouldn't become a problem.
Another way to deal with these problems can be looked from sociology.
Sociology is a science that state the problems, define the conclusion and suggest the solutions.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 04:07:52 PM

I don't think so.

All our sense is controlled by neuron and scientists are looking to understand our cell from its basic cell such as stem cell until differentiated cell such as nerve cell. Hence, if scientists can truely understand how the system/feeling happen around our body, the spiritual need shouldn't become a problem.
Sociology is a science that state the problems, define the conclusion and suggest the solutions.

I agree that science can research our body, neuron, cells and understand how everything works but I still don't think that science can prove or understand spiritual reality around us, God, or give us internal guidance or purpose of life.
Many people understand science, but still don't feel happy or content with their life.
It's obvious that something is ''missing''.
Money, wealth, job, knowledge, education are important for our lives but we, human beings, need much more to be happy and fulfilled.
I think that religion can give some answers which science can't give.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
squatz1
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285

Flying Hellfish is a Commie

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:35:52 AM

I do believe in religion because my parents believed me to since I was young. And I am greatful that my parents believed in religion.

I would have to say this is probably the overarching reason for a ton of people in the world today, and it's probably going to be the same reason for generation and generation upwards from that time on-wards. People felt and feel like they need to have some sort of purpose in life and religion provides it for them.

You must also put into account that people also feel like they need to have a set of things to achieve in life and a set amount of rules to follow. Most major religions give people some sort of rules to follow with their life and what will occur if you follow these rules.

It's a system that won't be broken now due to the amense amount of power these establishments have built up.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▀████████████████▄  ████                 █████   ▀████▄    ▄████▀  ▄██████████████   ████████████▀  ▄█████████████▀  ▄█████████████▄
              ▀████  ████               ▄███▀███▄   ▀████▄▄████▀               ████   ████                ████                   ▀████
   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████  ████              ████   ████    ▀██████▀      ██████████████▄   ████████████▀       ████       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
   ██████████████▀   ████            ▄███▀     ▀███▄    ████        ████        ████  ████                ████       ██████████████▀
   ████              ████████████▀  ████   ██████████   ████        ████████████████  █████████████▀      ████       ████      ▀████▄
   ▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀

#1 CRYPTO CASINO & SPORTSBOOK
  WELCOME
BONUS
.INSTANT & FAST.
.TRANSACTION.....
.PROVABLY FAIR.
......& SECURE......
.24/7 CUSTOMER.
............SUPPORT.
BTC      |      ETH      |      LTC      |      XRP      |      XMR      |      BNB      |     more
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 07:18:52 AM

It's more of a tradition things and cultural thing. Many, any of those "believers" that go to church have no clue what's their religion about. Unleast that's the case mostly here, where people go to church, go to celebrations, etc.. but have no damn clue what and why are they doing that, because they're just raised like that with stories like those and as I've said, it's more of a culture and a tradition than actual believing.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
SoulBargain

Activity: 234

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 10:05:33 AM

I don't think so.

I agree that science can research our body, neuron, cells and understand how everything works but I still don't think that science can prove or understand spiritual reality around us, God, or give us internal guidance or purpose of life.
Many people understand science, but still don't feel happy or content with their life.
Money, wealth, job, knowledge, education are important for our lives but we, human beings, need much more to be happy and fulfilled.

People believe in religion because there are a lot of question that can't be answered but by only thing they know is that there is a divine person who started it all, who created us and everything. It is much easy to put it in this way.

Also God is their source of hope in  times when they are down and provides a purpose in their life like as you afforementioned. Science can't answer all this questions and can't disprove what these believers believe in which become a stalemate.

I don't oppose religions as long as they instill goodness to each one of us or to everybody.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 11:13:10 AM

I would have to say this is probably the overarching reason for a ton of people in the world today, and it's probably going to be the same reason for generation and generation upwards from that time on-wards. People felt and feel like they need to have some sort of purpose in life and religion provides it for them.

You must also put into account that people also feel like they need to have a set of things to achieve in life and a set amount of rules to follow. Most major religions give people some sort of rules to follow with their life and what will occur if you follow these rules.

It's a system that won't be broken now due to the amense amount of power these establishments have built up.

Indeed. And most of the time its not as how it was before where religion is something that can inspire you to become a better person. Blindly following a religion without asking yourself whether you're being told to do good things to others or not is extremely dangerous as we can all see its effects happening now. I think aside from having faith, we should look to ourselves and as if this religion we're currently following looks to make us better people or is it like a business corporation making a few people rich and inciting hate

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 11:15:18 AM

I don't think so.

People believe in religion because there are a lot of question that can't be answered but by only thing they know is that there is a divine person who started it all, who created us and everything. It is much easy to put it in this way.

Also God is their source of hope in  times when they are down and provides a purpose in their life like as you afforementioned. Science can't answer all this questions and can't disprove what these believers believe in which become a stalemate.

I don't oppose religions as long as they instill goodness to each one of us or to everybody.

No, people believe in nonsense because they don't recognize it as nonsense.

Failure to perceive reality.

FeelingVER

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 11:57:23 AM

I don't think so.

People believe in the nonsense that other people created to manage them. Now this nonsense turns not only into a way of manipulating the masses, but also in business.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1373

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 04:21:09 PM

I don't think so.

People believe in the nonsense that other people created to manage them. Now this nonsense turns not only into a way of manipulating the masses, but also in business.

This is why people believe that science theories like big bang, black hole, evolution, relativity, etc., are factual... even though all the scientists KNOW that science theories are not known to be fact.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: