Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:40:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What would be the price of Bitcoin if someone would invest 10 billion USD ?  (Read 1035 times)
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 11:27:26 AM

What would be the price of Bitcoin if someone would invest 10 billion USD in one day?
It would be interesting to know what price would be.
How i can calculate?

For sure, if that thing will happen in the future, that price will not going to last for one day, because the price will going high and people will gonna be in panic selling their coin then the value will crashed back to normal price or lower than normal.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 11:29:58 AM

What would be the price of Bitcoin if someone would invest 10 billion USD in one day?
How i can calculate?

even in a hypothetical situation this is not possible!
because first of all no one in his right mind is going to invest a huge amount of money into bitcoin, that doesn't even make any sense. you obviously don't know this but there are lots of better ways to invest large amount of money and make even more.

and besides to invest 10,000,000,000 USD in bitcoin means buying all the coins because price has been $1000+ for a short time and with lower price it meant buying all the 16 million coins that are currently available and that obviously is not possible because bitcoin is already spread throughout the world among millions of people and there is no way they sell their coins.

You are definitely right,bitcoin has been scattered in different places of the countries, even I am one of those people who bought bitcoin I wont sell it of course. Besides this is just a hypothetical situation where the scenario was impossible to be happen. Smiley
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 11:51:31 AM

How i can calculate?

It is hard to calculate since there are several factors that are needed and which you need to consider. First is to  gather all the bitcoin volume for sale on all exchangers and get all the value attached to it. After that you compute the number of bitcoins volume to their corresponding price to get the amount equivalent per volume. Then as you go computing the volume together with its equivalent price then you will know how much bitcoin you will get by using 10 billion USD. But take note that traders are smart so they will remove their sell order and set it to a much higher sell order.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 12:16:09 PM

In basic terms, each bitcoin is currently worth about $1050, so 16 million bitcoins are worth about $17 billion. If you add $10 billion to that, then each bitcoin would be worth about $1690.
Im still confused on how did you compute this one? Very well basing on the current supply of bitcoin but basing on those bitcoin whose lost forever 16 million bitcoin wont be the exact number i think the price of bitcoin will sharply go above that certain price point that you mentioned.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 01:35:50 PM

In basic terms, each bitcoin is currently worth about $1050, so 16 million bitcoins are worth about $17 billion. If you add $10 billion to that, then each bitcoin would be worth about $1690.

The price of bitcoins would increase as you buy more and more, and as the price is increasing, there are other people that are going to buy bitcoins too so they can short trade. Not all of the 16 million bitcoins are on exchange sites or in circulation, there are early investors that are either dead or have already forgotten or lost their private keys.

I don't think there's a single formula to know what would be the price of bitcoin if someone invested x amount simply because at the process of you doing it, there would be people dumping their coins and there would be people buying more coins.

rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 01:54:02 PM

But then someone sell their bitcoin worth at least half of that 10 billion USD
What next that would happened? The hard pump and a little dump happened at once
Even i know someone who could bought that 10 billion USD almost impossible.
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 10:57:01 AM

How i can calculate?
Let me ask you something dude? why are you asking this things? It sounds that there is someone who is planning to pump bitcoin Smiley
10 billions was a big amount and honestly I don't have any idea how much will price of bitcoin become maybe close to 1700$-1800$ something. And if ever it happen expect too that there will gonna have a bit decrease also but it can recover again.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 03:20:21 PM

I think there is no specific price for the bitcoin if someone invested that very huge amount of money which is $10 Billion Dollars. One thing that i'm sure is the price will go up very high and it will help a lot because it will enable us to sell bitcoin for a very high price and get those beautiful profits from our investment. Big investment is equal to big demand which will make the supply short and make the price high.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: