Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:06:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Serious Bitcoin vulnerability found!  (Read 1724 times)
SRoulette

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 02:11:33 AM

While your flooding the market with new altcoins please remember us Cheesy

We will be busy trying to support as many of them as possible.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
peacefulmind

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 02:28:18 AM

Quick, governments of the world.  Bitcoin is a serious threat to your monopoly of the world currency system, and you need to take it down.  I am certain it is on your radar, but you probably haven't decided what to do with it, yet.

Fortunately, a serious Bitcoin vulnerability has emerged that you can exploit to destroy Bitcoin.  You don't even need to make a large investment in ASIC mining hardware.  All you need is one programmer.  Here is how to destroy Bitcoin:

Employ one programmer to release new altcoins based on the Bitcoin model.  He will likely need some time to study up at first, but after awhile, he should be able to release multiple altcoin clones per day.  If you want to buy a small ASIC or even a simple GPU it might help generate genesis blocks faster, but it's not necessary.

Since altcoins damage Bitcoin, all you need to do is flood the market with thousands or millions of altcoin alternatives.  You will damage Bitcoin until it ceases to be viable and preserve your interests and the interests of your corporatist cronies / global conspirators / whatever.

I am picking up on the sarcasm...    Cheesy

Yes, for those who didn't get the memo, I'm not serious. Smiley

What I want to say, in serious and non-sarcastic terms is: altcoins don't damage Bitcoin, and you can prove this to yourself by thinking through what would happen if millions of altcoin systems were released.

Now, that doesn't prove that altcoins are fantastic and profitable.  I happen to think some of them are, or may prove to be. Smiley

I enjoyed this post!

What is sad is that it is the honest mentality of a lot of Bitcoin elitists.

We SHOULD have many cryptocurrencies!

Quote from: FrictionlessCoin
"I think you are to hung up on this notion about 'pre-mining' being a No-No."
- from journeys into the dark depths of the alt coin forum....
wmikrut

Activity: 631
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 02:30:07 AM

Ahem...

"If you make it, they will mine..."

I will NEVER ask for any kind of funds up front in a buy/sale of anything on bitcointalk.

BM-2cTFihJKmSwusMAoYuUHPvpx56Jozv64KK
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: