Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:20:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IKETC usb miners  (Read 1193 times)
Brandongotcoins (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 10:01:42 AM

I ordered a few IKETC usb scrypt miners to play with. I was wondering about the raspberry pi OS and id I can install it on any old laptop I have laying around or do I have to buy a pi. I am sure there will be literature that comes with the miner but I was hoping I could just maybe run ubuntu and start mining Zcoin with them and see what I can do. I can't really find any info about different way sto utilize this usb miner so does anyone have something interesting they can tell me or maybe link me somewhere that has ways of mining with this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sir William

Activity: 128
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 10:30:01 AM

If you are talking about these http://www.ebay.com/itm/LKETC-Scrypt-USB-Miner-180-270-KH-s-with-8GB-Drive-Built-in-not-AntMiner-U2-/291877080678?hash=item43f53ace66:g:QMgAAOSwCypWpKMe, I believe they use a customized version of cgminer.  Mine came with v3.1.1.  I know that it does not work with bfgminer.  I say it is modified, because normally on a windows machine, you need to install zadig to be able to use usb miners with cgminer.  If you use the program that comes on the unit, you do not need to.

Kompik

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 11:26:07 AM

Are these profitable to mine with?

Bitrated user: Kompik.
chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 12:11:20 PM

I ordered a few IKETC usb scrypt miners to play with. I was wondering about the raspberry pi OS and id I can install it on any old laptop I have laying around or do I have to buy a pi. I am sure there will be literature that comes with the miner but I was hoping I could just maybe run ubuntu and start mining Zcoin with them and see what I can do. I can't really find any info about different way sto utilize this usb miner so does anyone have something interesting they can tell me or maybe link me somewhere that has ways of mining with this.

Wrong playing choice. I remember that it came with only windows GUI for windows precompiled cgminer version. I succeeded to run cgminer from cgwatcher because it was not running stable.

Sir William

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 12:19:38 PM

Are these profitable to mine with?

Not even close.  Even if your electricity is 5 cents per kilowatt hour, it still costs more to power the thing than it mines.  It is a novelty at this point.

Brandongotcoins (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 10:42:32 PM

well electric is free so either way im not worried about it the total set up will cost me 80 dollars without a pi. There are no coins that can be mined with this decently not even z coin or what about aeon?  I guess can you explain to me my cpu mines 230 h/s and i am having fun with it and the usb miner is 230 kh/s each so wont I be able to do 1,000 times better each? At this stage I am playing and learning but maybe down the line i will dig in and spend some real dough on a farm. As farm as the Os it sounds like i can run it on most anything? Do we have a thread for different gpus to mine with cheapest blah blah blah most efficient and all that junk? I am looking to make a GPU rig to less for fun more for profit with that one.
Sir William

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 01:59:37 AM

Let me put this another way.  IF you can get the miner to run at 230kh/s without hardware errors, and leave it running for a full year, you'll make about $2.17, of which you will pay fees to sell the scrypt coin to bitcoin or cash.  My miner refuses to run above 144kh/s without getting constant hardware errors.  Running at that speed results in about $1.35 a year per miner.  With a CPU there are other altcoins that are much more profitable than scrypt (monero comes to mind), but your new miners will not work with it.  If you're not in it for the money and just having fun, have at it.  If you're looking to make money, you'll earn just over 1/2 of a penny per miner per day.  Peace...

Brandongotcoins (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 04:00:29 AM

I guess I will test it out but I thought monero was a scrypt coin. fucking a I should have just bought one I saw the hashrate and thought well if I can do better than 10 cent a day per miner I will be happy. What about z coin and do these work with minergate or will they not recognize them... I actually have a really good GPU a EVGA GTX 1080 and I can only mine bitcoin on nicehash because for some reason minergate's GUI always drops my GPU. I have a lot more to learn but I won't get too disappointed with the results. I mean hey maybe someday a coin that I can use them on will come out. I mean I am under the assumption that it is difficulty of the coin that makes these usb miners obsolete. I don't know It will feel good either way just learning about this stuff. There is definitely a lot to learn when entering this realm. If you have any useful pointers I would appreciate it. I kinda wish I could start a Zcoin farm because from my newb eye it loks like a coin that will be very popular but the difficulty is low I also like  Aeon right now. COrrect me if I am wrong but is AEON CPU mining only?
Sir William

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 01:19:34 PM

Ok, where to start...  Monero is using the cryptonight algorithm, not scrypt.  Aeon is using the cryptonight-lite algorithm.  Zcoin, is yet another algorithm called Pure Lyra2. As far as asics (like this usb scrypt asic), I don't believe there are any asics for the cryptonight, cryptonight-lite, or Pure Lyra2.  Those 3 algorithms are CPU/GPU mineable only.  If you want to see what you can mine with this miner.  go to coinwarz.com.  Check the scrypt box, and uncheck everything else.  It always shows bitcoin first, even though its not scrypt.  Everything else shown will be.  Hope this helps.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: