Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:21:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pro Miner : an ETH/ETC/EXP/UBQ Miner for Windows with a Graphical User Interface  (Read 6702 times)
Pro Miner (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 07:14:50 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2017, 02:15:34 PM by Pro Miner

Firstly, hello!

I've been mining Ethereum for over a year now and I've been on Reddit and the Ethereum forums, but this is my first post here.

When I started mining, I looked for a properly-architected Windows application with a Graphical User Interface - a miner done the "Windows" way - but couldn't find one. So I wrote Pro Miner.

The miner runs as a Windows Service, which means it starts as soon as Windows starts - no need to log in. It can also run Geth, Parity, Geth Classic and/or Gexp the same way.

The GUI can connect to multiple miners and shows summary graphs for 1-hour, 1-day and 7-day periods. It also shows all logs, recorded by the miners in databases so you can view all historical logs too.

The performance, as measured by valid shares found, is equal to other miners, but Pro Miner consistently delivers 99% uptime. It was hardened during the DOS attacks last year and has configurable rules such as restarting the Service if no new work items are completed for 5 minutes.

It does have a dev fee of 1% - taken by mining for us for 12 seconds out of every 20 minutes. Our rigs run exactly the same code.

We have a website here: https://www.prominer.website and a You Tube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYo8bwEIy2G3cIUmd3LdPgQ

There are new releases every week or so - we're on version 1.102 at the moment. Give it a try!

https://i.imgur.com/cT53ZFt.png

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
megacrypto

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 08:05:57 PM

can it be used to mine on my own node (parity) running on a different pc?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ZEROSTATEEMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE                                   ● INSTAGRAMFACEBOOK TWITTER
POWERED BY BLOCKCHAIN                                         ● MEDIUMANN THREAD
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pro Miner (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 08:22:52 PM

Yes - Pro Miner can connect to any node that supports Ethereum JSON-RPC. It polls eth_getWork to get work items and calls eth_submitWork to submit solutions.

Just choose "external" as the server on the Farm Client tab and enter the IP address and port of your node's RPC endpoint - e.g. http://192.168.1.1:8545.

EDIT: Of course, it supports Stratum connections for pool mining too.
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 08:23:53 PM

I don't think it's a good way to make money if that was your point. I mean whats to point of GUI anyway ? Miners already create .txt logs and you can view graph on your pool. I mean i guess it's good for beginners that don't really understand how it all works but any of the big guys wont use it
Pro Miner (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 08:45:48 PM

Thanks for your comment.

The point initially was to write a miner that made it easy to monitor and control multiple rigs. I just thought other miners might find it useful and it wasn't much work to make it public.

With Pro Miner, you can have one display on a remote (LAN) machine and immediately see how all your rigs are doing.

I've also put quite a lot of work into maximizing mining rewards - so I've optimized for average hashrate not peak hashrate, which translates to more valid shares.

For example, when I tested Claymore's miner, it produced around 3% stale shares, whereas Pro Miner produces around 0.3% - 0.5%.
Docta

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 11:10:15 PM

sounds cool!  i'd like to give it a spin..... i totally understand where you were coming from on this project.

up until now, the only windows gui i have found is nicehash miner... nothing against linux but i find myself frequently wanting to change up my rigs to boot windows.

is it free to use?  i mean aside from the dev fee?
Pro Miner (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2017, 08:44:21 AM

Thanks! I know most miners are command line apps, but it doesn't have to stay that way.

Yes, it's free apart from the dev fee.

You can download it from the website, which also has screenshots and instructions for installation and configuration for pool or solo mining.

We've also put together a few short ( 10 minute ) videos on our You Tube channel.

If you want any email support, please feel free to contact me via the form on the "Help & Support" page on the website.
deadsix

Activity: 751
Merit: 517

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 04:29:21 PM

Thanks! I know most miners are command line apps, but it doesn't have to stay that way.

Yes, it's free apart from the dev fee.

You can download it from the website, which also has screenshots and instructions for installation and configuration for pool or solo mining.

We've also put together a few short ( 10 minute ) videos on our You Tube channel.

If you want any email support, please feel free to contact me via the form on the "Help & Support" page on the website.

Interesting. Following thread.

Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 02:22:36 AM

Has anyone tried running this yet? I would be interested in hearing any feedback. It seems to be under-promoted from the look of the amount of work that went into it; GUI, website, the YouTube videos, etc.

I am interested in how it compares with other mining programs as far as hash-rate and stability, and of course if it is legit or cleverly disguised malware.

Update: VirusTotal only shows one hit on a scan of the download file, and we know it likes to flag miners in general, but again it would be nice to hear any feedback from established forum members who have used it before since it is a relatively unknown entry.
https://virustotal.com/en/file/0517151d41988b66ce17f28ebf35f27c7488aace07c815cc76a9516590224b70/analysis/1487989491/
Pro Miner (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 06:50:22 PM

I was hoping someone who's using Pro Miner would chime in, but since not, I'll answer!

A few people are running it and yes, I'm better at coding than promotion Smiley

I hope you liked the You Tube videos - the voice-over was done by my partner.

All the current Ethereum miners are within a couple of percent of each other in terms of hashrate. The algorithm was designed to be memory-intensive and the limit is not the code now, it's the physical limit of the RAM on the GPUs.

The real difference between the miners is the uptime. We get over 99% uptime running Pro Miner on our rigs. There are 168 hours in a week, so losing a couple of hours a week due to a miner crash reduces your rewards by a little over 1%.

BTW, we've just released version 1.92 on the website

It has improvements and fixes for few things - notably a bug due to IPv6 that meant the miner process would run, but it wouldn't start mining. Thanks to the person who reported this and worked with me to track it down and get it fixed.

Lastly, a request! If you do try Pro Miner and it doesn't work for you, please use the contact form on the website to let us know so we can fix it. Thanks.
Pro Miner (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2017, 06:38:51 PM

I've just released a new version of Pro Miner: v1.94 https://www.prominer.website

Highlights:

• Small bug fixes, faster GUI app
  • Improved support for Ethereum Classic
  • New! support for mining Expanse

If there are any problems, please let me know. Otherwise, good luck mining!
reflexmk

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 07:40:15 PM

Reserved.

████████
████████
████
████

████
████
████████
████████
     ▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄██████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█
██████     █████     █
██████     █████     █             ▄▄▄
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀     █        ███  ███
 ▀████                  ▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄
   ▀██     ▄▄▄▄▄      ▄█████▄ ███  ███ ███  ███ ████████████▄
     ▀     █████      ███▄▄██ ███  ███ ███  ███ ███ ▀███ ▀███
           ▀▀███      ███▄▄▄  ███▄ ███ ███▄████ ███  ███  ███
               ▀       ▀████▀  ▀██ ███ ▀███▀███ ███  ███  ███
                   ▀█
████████
████████
████
████

████
████
████████
████████
█  ████▀  █
█  ██▀▄█  █
█  ▀▄███  █
█  ████▀  █
██▀▄█
▀▄███
████▀
██▀▄█

▀▄███

█  ████▀  █

█  ██▀▄█  █

█  ▀▄███  █

█  █████  █
|
█  ████▀  █
█  ██▀▄█  █
█  ▀▄███  █
█  ████▀  █
██▀▄█
▀▄███
████▀
██▀▄█

▀▄███

█  ████▀  █

█  ██▀▄█  █

█  ▀▄███  █

█  █████  █
slim87

Activity: 53
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 08:04:43 PM

Planing to support other crypto (like XMR) to your software? Smiley
sonerbo
Copper Member

Activity: 1358
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 08:14:51 PM

How about hash rates ? same with claymore ?
Pro Miner (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2017, 08:57:26 PM

Planing to support other crypto (like XMR) to your software? Smiley

Maybe Smiley

It's taken a year to get some traction with Ethereum-based mining though!
Pro Miner (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2017, 09:15:31 PM

How about hash rates ? same with claymore ?

Peak hashrates are the same, give or take. The algorithm is so well known now, there's not a lot of difference between the current mining applications.

To compare miners, you really need to look at valid shares produced per day or per week. Average hashrates and uptime are actually more important if you want to maximize your profit over weeks or months, and Pro Miner is tuned for this, not peak hashrates.

In fact, Pro Miner is the only miner I know of that reports Average Hashrates over days and weeks. It also produces very few stale shares - about 0.5% - as shown in the research I published on Local and Global Work Sizes: (reddit)

Also, we run Pro Miner on our rigs and get over 99% uptime with very little maintenance. It just keeps going!

But the main point of Pro Miner is of course the architecture. The miners run as Windows Services and the Graphical Control App can be run remotely, so you can monitor all your rigs in one place and hardly ever need to log in to your miners.
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 11:29:55 PM

What I like about this is it's pretty simple to use, especially with the youtube channel instructions.

I love the fact this runs as service, this alone is something that some miner developers here could take a cue from

I'm building a gpu miner as a gift for someone and I think I may use this because it makes things very simple for them and the graphs help them understand.

Would it be possible to add tracking of estimated power costs (provided the end user plugs in the variables) - I know it seems silly for us advanced miners but for those out there just getting started or don't have an understanding, it could be really helpful for them to determine if what they are mining is profitable.

I see some great work being done here to bring mining like this to the masses that don't have any computer or relatively little computer knowledge.
BitTraderCute

Activity: 899
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 11:50:22 PM

It does have a dev fee of 1⅔ percent - taken by mining for us for 20 seconds out of every 20 minutes. Our rigs run exactly the same code.

currently im use claymore the fee only 1% each 60minute, i think you must decrese your fee.
Pro Miner (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2017, 10:21:22 AM

What I like about this is it's pretty simple to use, especially with the youtube channel instructions.

I love the fact this runs as service, this alone is something that some miner developers here could take a cue from

I'm building a gpu miner as a gift for someone and I think I may use this because it makes things very simple for them and the graphs help them understand.

Would it be possible to add tracking of estimated power costs (provided the end user plugs in the variables) - I know it seems silly for us advanced miners but for those out there just getting started or don't have an understanding, it could be really helpful for them to determine if what they are mining is profitable.

I see some great work being done here to bring mining like this to the masses that don't have any computer or relatively little computer knowledge.

Thanks! Ease of use has always been a priority, as well as making it easy to keep an eye on your rigs when they are set up and mining.

Running the miner as a Windows Service was an easy decision. It's the proper solution for Windows and means you hardly ever need to actually log into your miners.

Tracking power costs is a good idea. I would like to write an app that shows profit in dollars over time ( I have a spreadsheet and I expect others do too ) but I can't think of a good way to add it to Pro Miner without making it complicated. I'll have another think about this.
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 10:33:22 AM

Thanks! Ease of use has always been a priority, as well as making it easy to keep an eye on your rigs when they are set up and mining.

Running the miner as a Windows Service was an easy decision. It's the proper solution for Windows and means you hardly ever need to actually log into your miners.

Tracking power costs is a good idea. I would like to write an app that shows profit in dollars over time ( I have a spreadsheet and I expect others do too ) but I can't think of a good way to add it to Pro Miner without making it complicated. I'll have another think about this.

I was thinking the most simplest version possible, the miner plugs in how many watts from a device like kila-watt and then plugs in their electricity kwh rate. From there it would would just show the estimated costs vs actual and expected profits. Cryptocompare has this online but this could be built right in to ProMiner I suspect.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: