Bitcoin Forum
September 04, 2024, 05:22:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: P2PoolWidget  (Read 711 times)
ksenter (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:32:53 PM

Hi All,

I created a new free widget called p2poolwidget on the Google Play store.

I created it because I used to use a widget to monitor my mining when I was on a different pool and when I switched to p2pool I couldn't find a widget that worked with it.  So I gave up looking and wrote my own.  It is the first app I've put on the play store, so go easy on me if you have problems with it.

It is a 1x1 widget that just shows you some basic stats about your hashrate and such, and allows you to add a notification if your hashrate drops or your DOA percentage goes up too high.  I've used it for a couple of weeks, making modifications here and there and I feel like it's at a point now where it's stable enough to release.

It'll only work if you already have your stuff setup to be able to access your stats remotely via the "static" page.  So you have to either have a static IP or dynamic DNS or something like that that makes it possible to view your stats reliably over the internet already.  This just puts some of that data in a widget that automatically updates every 30 minutes and adds the option for notifications.

If you have problems you can let me know here and I'll take a look.  I'm new to p2pool and to writing android widgets so forgive me if it doesn't work for you.

If you try it and it works for you and you feel generous you can donate but it's not expected, my address is: 1MDzA9dZEEzxVbbapsajiHn8oknfVaz8Wy

Thanks!
-Ken
antekh

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:02:39 PM

Is it this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kensenter.p2poolwidget ?
ksenter (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:29:30 PM

Yes, that's the one, thanks!
ksenter (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 04:32:38 PM

I see there were 2 installs, but 0 active (I think that means they uninstalled it).  Anyone here try it?  Any comments?
ksenter (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 03:54:51 PM

I see there were 2 installs, but 0 active (I think that means they uninstalled it).  Anyone here try it?  Any comments?

2 active installs out of 4 now!   My first app is moving up in the world.  Roll Eyes
bovcan

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:40:05 PM

Very nice...great job.
ksenter (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:38:47 PM

Very nice...great job.

Thanks so much!
ksenter (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:41:16 PM

Aw, back down to 1.  Sad
Mogumodz

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:51:38 PM

I'll have to dust off the Android to try it, tried to install it onto my cat, but it was having none of it.

Bitcoin OTC rating GPG ID: 3E7974A1 P2Pool statistics: p2pool.info
ksenter (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:56:04 PM

haha.  Cheesy
ksenter (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 06:43:30 PM

Back up to 2, still no US installs though.  Previously I had one in Australia and one in Estonia, but Estonia uninstalled, now I have one in Spain.  I should probably look into making language packs I guess...  I wonder how you say "hash rate" in Spanish...
ksenter (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 01:09:19 PM

Got a third active install, in Poland this time...  I think I need to add a way to provide feedback through the app, because I don't know anywhere else to post this but here and I don't think anyone is looking in the newbie section.
ksenter (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:42:58 PM

I hadn't checked in a while, just found out I now have 25 active installs.   Smiley

So I guess it must work for some people anyway.  If anyone on this forum is using it feel free to make requests for changes or additions.
kodo

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:28:47 PM

Hi All,

I created it because I used to use a widget to monitor my mining when I was on a different pool and when I switched to p2pool I couldn't find a widget that worked with it.  So I gave up looking and wrote my own.  It is the first app I've put on the play store, so go easy on me if you have problems with it.

It is a 1x1 widget that just shows you some basic stats about your hashrate and such, and allows you to add a notification if your hashrate drops or your DOA percentage goes up too high.  I've used it for a couple of weeks, making modifications here and there and I feel like it's at a point now where it's stable enough to release.

It'll only work if you already have your stuff setup to be able to access your stats remotely via the "static" page.  So you have to either have a static IP or dynamic DNS or something like that that makes it possible to view your stats reliably over the internet already.  This just puts some of that data in a widget that automatically updates every 30 minutes and adds the option for notifications.

If you have problems you can let me know here and I'll take a look.  I'm new to p2pool and to writing android widgets so forgive me if it doesn't work for you.

If you try it and it works for you and you feel generous you can donate but it's not expected, my address is: 1MDzA9dZEEzxVbbapsajiHn8oknfVaz8Wy

Thanks!
-Ken
i agree with this
ksenter (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:41:39 PM

What do to you agree with?
kodo

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:48:43 PM

Hi All,

Thanks!
-Ken
cool il try it
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: