Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:29:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin shops-ex  (Read 690 times)
tutkarz (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:41:32 PM

There is alot of ideas about decentralised exchanges lately but i see people are trying to overcomplicate things. My idea is simple, make real free market for bitcoin.

Maybe we should create open source, simple shop-exchange that is easy to set up and cheap to maintain. That shop would allow selling bitcoins (or buy if owner wants to add this feature) under its own rules and its own price in very similar way localexchage does but allowing people buy bitcoins online (which could also buy/sell locally for cash).
Every shop would decide what payment methods they will accept. It could be even sms-payment method.

Before you judge this idea think about positives:
- decentralised
- price is set by shop owner which means way less volatile bitcoin value and more realistic because they would have to include work that is put into running real business
- real market driven prices, if there is alot of demand, the price is higher and no one will simply dump tons of bitcoins because they wish to do so.
- you dont have to store bitcoins or money to exchange that could be closed at any time
- legally simple, you pay taxes as any shop owner
- very flexible and customised for local needs

Yes, you will have to trust this site but like any other online shop. There could also be a reputation system or page where people could rate such sites.

If you are worried about credit cards and possible withdrawal of money, then its up to you what payment methods you will accept in your shop. It could be cash only if you wish.

I know some people would strongly be against this because they love opportunities for high earnings exchanges provide but honestly i dont care. People should decide what they want more: volatile market or bitcoin that is treated more seriously by others and especially newcomers.

I dont say we should stop using exchanges righ now, but maybe simply let them die when people will stop using them because of all the attacks. Just make shops, make them real business with address so people know where to find you so you dont run with their money, register your company as simple shop selling virtual items.
It is way simpler to make online shop than online trading exchange which means there could be very high amount of shops that are competing with each other. And they dont need to store huge amounts of money and can make payments possible to avoid banks at all.

As i see it shops will take over exchanges anyway because of attacks but what i wanted to suggest is to make open source, cheap, simple and secure php shop that could be run by reasonable people who would like to run they own business and help bitcoin community by enabling others to buy or sell bitcoins for stable prices in accessible way.

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
frisco2

Activity: 312
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 11:23:01 PM

Exchanges are good because of volume and thats what makes bitcoin liquid.

Crosspass -- a simple way to send passwords, encryption keys, bitcoin addresses, etc.
tutkarz (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 07:12:23 AM

Exchanges are good because of volume and thats what makes bitcoin liquid.

Or maybe they are good for now because banks are cooperating still. But as we already saw, they can simply close they bank accounts forcing whole exchanges to shut down. What would happend to price when suddenly mtgox will announce they are closing they business because banks dont want to work with them? People will panic as always instead of working on solution that wont have to worry about this that much.

Besides exchanges are good for big volumes but what about usual user who dont want to worry about bitcoin price, dont want to track it and even know about market rules. They simply want to purchase something with bitcoins and thats it. Shops are perfect for this because you are simply buying stuff and its shop owner responsibility to watch markets etc.
And you dont even have to create any account in shop just provide your bitcoin address with money you sent and thats it. No registration, no waiting for account to be enabled and all this bs.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: