Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:50:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Short Documentary about Bitcoins in Argentina now live!  (Read 1378 times)
bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 04:56:12 PM

I came to Argentina with the desire to create an exchange.
But it is terribly tough. The populist government is destroying democracy as we speak.
No freedom of speech, no separation of powers, they shit on their constitution.
The INDEC (National Institute of Statistics and Census of Argentina) is freaking psychotic, somewhat fitting for a bipolar president.

With this kind of institutional mess they can change the rules of the game on a whim, so I decided to refrain myself from risking an investment.
The demand is definitely there, this is like a pressure cooker about to explode and a bitcoin exchange would be like a piston to release the pressure.
Face to Face transactions will be under the radar, but centralizing it in an exchange will be extremely tough.

This country is a joke, and you can't bring serious business here. Not yet.
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 04:59:52 PM

Hey, thanks very much for your efforts.
A+ on content and editing. Soundtrack is nice too.

The only thing I would strongly suggest for the future is an investment in better mics/mic technique. Room noise because of poor mic'ing detracted a lot from the overall quality of the video. I hope you can address this in further endeavors.
Abo Adamson

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 05:25:27 PM

also relevant article http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-16/bitcoin-dreams-endure-to-savers-crushed-by-cpi-argentina-credit.html
poriks

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

Bitcoin is the future.

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 05:42:32 PM

nice video on bitcoins...  Cheesy
I saw a "portable juicer".

Also at line 166 of https://gist.github.com/Rongorongo/5426644
should it be "situation"? I noticed it on the video.  Smiley

Thanks for your input. This has now been corrected. Cheers

you're welcome.
BeeCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:07:06 PM

I believe this is the future of Bitcoins:
There will be tremendous demand in (former) developing countries where access to credit card systems etc is limited and trust in the local currency is low.
BeeCoin.
torba

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:21:06 PM

Instills a sense of bitcoin pride!
Anna Moss

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:51:50 PM

I'm enjoying your music now!   Cheesy   Thanks for sharing it for free use--if I ever make a Bitcoin vid I'll be sure to slip it in somewhere.   Wink
Dharmadog

Activity: 35

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 08:23:09 PM

Very interesting.  For all of the economist who speak about the "absurdities" of BitCoin NOT ONE of them lives in a country where the economy is truly crippling it's people.  And even if BitCoin is not the one...the concept, the idea, the decentralization is coming.  It will not come because of the greed of those with USD or Euros it will come because of the poor.  Ya, most of us here are here on this board because of greed.  Fair enough.  But, in some parts of the world these concepts and ideas are a life raft.
bitdib

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 02:40:58 AM

Awesome video. I really liked it a lot. It's also awesome that to get Pesos, you don't need to go to a bank anymore.
dleader

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:59:22 AM

Crazy!! Thanks:)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: