Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 04:09:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Freechain - Blockchain without bitcoin or another altcoin  (Read 294 times)
Freechain (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 02:58:59 PM

Hi guys

If you're interested in a blockchain for notarization purposes which runs without bitcoin or another speculative altcoin, please read my white paper: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0z267djvhv1s6dg/Freechain_V01.pdf?dl=0

Constructive Feedback and questions welcome.

Regards, David

Bit2Easy

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 10:04:15 AM

Hi guys

If you're interested in a blockchain for notarization purposes which runs without bitcoin or another speculative altcoin, please read my white paper: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0z267djvhv1s6dg/Freechain_V01.pdf?dl=0

Constructive Feedback and questions welcome.

Regards, David
I feel like this is something that banks etc. will start initializing soon. Blockchain technology is something really revolutionary. The system is so genius, it stores all kinds of stuff, and cannot be erased. Only downside in my opinion, is it needs lot of power to run (I think, not sure?).

Im confident someone will come up with a solution to the electricity problem, and blockchain will be thr future!
Freechain (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 11:52:50 AM

Hi

Thanks for your positive Feedback! I share your concerns about electricity consumption of PoW blockchains therefore I looked for ways to improve it without compromising the safety.

In fact, the electricity consumption of Freechain will be much smaller compared to traditional PoW blockchains with speculative tokens whilst providing a similar safety. This is because in normal operation, most users only mine with a small fraction of their computing power (so called non-profit-mining). Only if the client detects that there is a 51% attack, the mining effort is ramped up to the maximum available computing power until the attack is over.

As you can imagine, this will make it much harder for an attacker to estimate the hash power needed to pull off a 51% attack as he can never be sure how ready the network is to fight back. This should further discourage attackers and provide additional safety.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: