Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 12:10:45 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: precompiled CPU-miner with Stratum support? or help with rpcminer-4way  (Read 6562 times)
dellnull (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 07:20:35 PM

Is there any recommended miner for CPU that supports stratum and *is* precompiled?
I only have an old one, rpcminer 4way that I try to proxy thru stratum mining proxy from Slush, but still a huge red warning on my account page that I'm running getwork... even after a couple of hours thru the mining proxy.
My command line is:
C:\rpcminer-4way.exe -user=any.worker2 -password=anypassword -url=http://127.0.0.1:8832 or poer 3333, no difference

The doubleclicked mining proxy tells me this:
2013-04-18 21:19:32,631 INFO proxy client_service.handle_event # New job 10e for prevhash ad019abb, clean_jobs=False

Does it look ok or can anyone point me to the right direction...

I know that CPU-mining is very weak but I still want to try on a couple of cpu's just for my own curiosity and satisfaction :-)

Signus

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 08:18:25 PM

Almost every piece of software now for mining supports Stratum. It will use your CPU automatically if you don't have a GPU available.

I suggest cgminer or bfgminer. They're precompiled for Windows.

However Slush's pool is having problems right now, they just got DDoS'ed. So their network is having issues. But if you use Slush, stay of Getwork, they're charging 10% fees to the people who use it.
dellnull (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 08:29:48 PM

Thank you so much!!!
I'll try bfgminer. cgminer only complains that I don't have any opencl and refuses to start :-(
dellnull (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 08:33:34 PM

Hmm

Features of BFG
- CPU (not enabled by default nor included in Windows build)
 Sad
Do I have to compile it with CPU enabled myself? Well, the best part is that I guess I learn a thing or two..
Signus

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 05:57:34 AM

Hmm

Features of BFG
- CPU (not enabled by default nor included in Windows build)
 Sad
Do I have to compile it with CPU enabled myself? Well, the best part is that I guess I learn a thing or two..

Almost all of these applications are precompiled if you are using Windows, however if you use Linux there are tons of dependencies that need to be filled.
lbr

Activity: 423
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 06:20:09 AM

or you can use 'stratum proxy'

BTC: 18ozhbkfHneX8tnPgHJuTizyBmspM5Vgpa  LTC: LgVc7KdedPGZyDXHXEH9G7z6AoTmTvDdWb
cgminer 2.11.13 x64 portable for Mac OS X 10.6.8
6+ GPUs driver mod for Windows
dellnull (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:21:41 PM

I did compile it myself and it works like a charm. Slow, really slow. But I really learned a lot of stuffs by compile myself :-) I can recommend everyone to compile your own. And take a look at the source, beautiful imho.
pharaon

Activity: 753
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 09:04:08 AM

I did compile it myself and it works like a charm. Slow, really slow. But I really learned a lot of stuffs by compile myself :-) I can recommend everyone to compile your own. And take a look at the source, beautiful imho.

Can you give us a link where we can download your compiled file "CPU+stratum"

Thank's
dellnull (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:52:08 PM

I just downloaded the source from https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer and followed the steps in windows.build
In one step (./configure) you just add --eneble-cpumining

I had some issues : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=182276.msg1902750#msg1902750

If you dont want to compile BFG yourself, take a look in my dropbox: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28421539/miner_cpu.zip

It works on CPU and even on GPU, but it's kind of unstable on my nvidia-GPU (not tested on my radeon-cards) so I don't use it on GPU's :-) Actually I've only tested it like 48 hours of CPU-mining then I found out that it's almost pointless to run if you don't have several hundreds of cpu-miners. But at least I had fun while compiling and test it.   

dmatthewstewart

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:53:53 PM

Almost every piece of software now for mining supports Stratum. It will use your CPU automatically if you don't have a GPU available.

I suggest cgminer or bfgminer. They're precompiled for Windows.

However Slush's pool is having problems right now, they just got DDoS'ed. So their network is having issues. But if you use Slush, stay of Getwork, they're charging 10% fees to the people who use it.

Wait, so all this time that I have been trying to figure out how to get Stratum to work with CPUminer you mean to tell me that it doesnt actually work with it? But also, there is an easy fix and I can use cgminer or any other new miner that has Stratum and it will just default to my CPU if I do not have a GPU?

Im on Mint (laptop) and Ubuntu (desktop). What command line miner is the best that already has stratum?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: