Bitcoin Forum
October 08, 2024, 11:43:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin P2pool mining - Simple Question  (Read 727 times)
wotter11 (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 07:46:45 PM

Do I need to have my litecoin wallet open while I'm running cgminer on a P2pool?

Thanks!
Minas3d

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 08:24:13 PM

P2Pool deposits earnings directly to your wallet address, so yes, it needs to be open. This is assuming of course that you only have one miner running, if you have more than one, then all you need to do is put your wallet address you want the coins to be sent to into the miner configuration, you don't need more than one wallet open at a time.
wotter11 (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 08:33:37 PM

P2Pool deposits earnings directly to your wallet address, so yes, it needs to be open. This is assuming of course that you only have one miner running, if you have more than one, then all you need to do is put your wallet address you want the coins to be sent to into the miner configuration, you don't need more than one wallet open at a time.

Sorry maybe I was being unclear.  I have 3 computers I'm not using in the house...so if I ran cgminer on each do I need also need to have my litecoin wallet on each computer?

Thank you!
dc81

Activity: 108
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:07:13 AM

Sorry maybe I was being unclear.  I have 3 computers I'm not using in the house...so if I ran cgminer on each do I need also need to have my litecoin wallet on each computer?

Thank you!

no. just install cgminer and mine away.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: