Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:15:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2.7.18] can read default_wallet history, can't send money  (Read 174 times)
frogauna (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 02:05:08 AM

I still have the seed written down but I can't do anything. I do not have the current password and when I tried to create a new one, I only crated a new wallet. ultimately, I would like to send all my funds to my Coinbase account and delete my Electrum app, as I find it so difficult to use. (not a very technically-minded person.)

if you can help me with this problem I will pay you in Bitcoin for your help because I have tried to figure it out and do not want to lose the 0.128 BTC stuck in there.

also, forgive me if I have not explained this very well. not a very technically-minded person, I have said.
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1571

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 05:21:46 AM

when I tried to create a new one, I only crated a new wallet.

What happens when you restore your wallet? To restore your wallet from seed go to file menu > new/restore. Then enter a name for the restored wallet. The wallet creation wizard will start. Select "standard wallet" and then click next. Now select "I already have a seed" and click next. After that you will be asked to enter your seed and then set a password if you like. Follow the on-screen instructions until your wallet is created. You can then send the money to coinbase.
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 05:43:16 AM

Yeah, as long as you have the seed, you will have access to your funds even without the password.

The most important step is selecting the  "I already have a seed" option as indicated by Abdussamad when you are creating a new wallet. This will ensure the wallet is created with your existing addresses/keys rather than an entirely new wallet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: