Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:30:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Long time until share on p2pool?  (Read 1238 times)
DapperDuck (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 09:26:17 PM

Hi there! I apologize if this is an oft asked question. I tried searching the forums (newbie area and the entirety) and didn't come up with an answer for my specific question. I may just suck at searching though, so there is that.

I'm GPU mining using the p2pool (setup using the instructions from here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/P2Pool). Earlier today though I noticed after firing everything up that my time to share was the better part of the day and efficiency was just Huh. Is this normal? Any tips?

Lifted from the stats page:

Local rate: 103.1MH/s (0.0% DOA) Expected time to share: 13.2 hours

Shares: 0 total (0 orphaned, 0 dead) Efficiency: Huh
dc81

Activity: 108
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 01:25:53 AM

you have to find a share first. then you'll get an efficiency percentage.

Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4396
Merit: 3062

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 02:21:19 AM

Yes, this is normal. P2pool has a much higher share difficulty than other pools, so it takes longer to find a share, but each share is also worth more, so you still earn the same amount (on average) as with other pools, though you'll get more variance.

You won't get an efficiency figure until you've found at least one share, and it won't be statistically meaningful until you've found a lot of shares.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: