Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:19:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A hotel booking site that accepts bitcoin  (Read 5862 times)
reftresa

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:50:09 AM

now this would a great idea, but if you think about it, it wont be much difference in process just more secured with Bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rhinoboy11

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:40:19 PM

Hi, my name is Kim Koldtoft, and I work as CTO for a Danish start-up.

We have built a hotel booking website (and later we will add plane tickets and car rentals).
We are backed by strong investors and have great ambitions.  We have all the same hotels as our competitors, at the same prices.

Business model
Our business model is, that we don't spend money on traditional advertisement and marketing, but instead we donate half of our commission to charity, every time a hotel booking is placed. We then use our NGO partnerships to help spread awareness of our movement. Our NGO partners are motivated to help spread awareness, by telling their millions of followers about us, as they will be receiving the donations when they book their hotels.

Our hotel booking website
https://www.goodwings.com/en-us

A quick introduction video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBL1KWtmOkY

How Bitcoin fits in
I am a big advocate for bitcoin, and have been using bitcoin myself, for a little over 3 years. I would love to make Goodwings the first "main-stream" hotel booking engine, that accepts bitcoin. I have done some research, and been unable to find any large scale hotel booking website that accepts crypto currency. Expedia has a Bitcoin Terms & Conditions page, but then when placing a booking, I can't pay with bitcoin.

We are preparing to add various payment methods such as PayPal, Apple Wallet, Android Pay, Google wallet etc. I would love to add Bitcoin to that list, but as I am sure you can imagine, I expect my colleagues to have the typical (and very annoying) "Is bitcoin not illegal and used for drugs and guns?"

I can explain to my colleagues how that it's not true, but they only have to point out that I can't explain it to all our our potential customers, and thus we should not add bitcoin, as it may be perceived poorly.

However, if I could counter that, with a promise (however vague) of a new potential client-base, as there might be lots of good bitcoin people, that would love to help make a positive change in the world, at no extra cost.

If anyone has any input on how accepting bitcoin could help attract additional business, as well as any other input, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much,

- Kim Koldtoft

This is a very good idea but the price value for your rooms would have to be reviewed every hour to correspond with volatile bitcoin prices
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: