Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:49:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin friendly banks-follow up post.  (Read 1515 times)
Payment21 (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 06:45:35 PM

Yesterday I made a request to the community here to share banks they think are friendly to bitcoin.

Many were of the opinion that it isn’t easy to find a bank you can describe as ‘bitcoin friendly.’ At best what you would find are banks that are willing to do business with Bitcoins enterprises and users or those that don't really care as to what customers do with their business accounts as long as it isn’t explicitly against the law.

Nevertheless, so far the following are the banks we have in the list of ‘bitcoin friendly banks’.
You are welcome to grow it here.
Thanks
*Fidor in Germany
*Bawag PSK in Austria
*Liberty bank in Georgia, Caucasus
*Chase in USA
*Mistertango in Europe
*TD Bank
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 08:09:15 PM

Some banks are not only in one country and I believe that the rules of a specific bank are always the same whether the country is the same or not. Fidor for example is not only in Germany but in UK as well. I suggest adding the countries too so that people have a better idea.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Adelajda

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 09:16:36 PM

So is it possible to start a bank account in the names specified who is living from another part of the world .If that is the case then it would have being a cool idea but i really doubt that would happen because money laundering rules does apply here and would restrict people from creating account else where without a valid reason.
Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 09:30:59 PM

Yesterday I made a request to the community here to share banks they think are friendly to bitcoin.

Many were of the opinion that it isn’t easy to find a bank you can describe as ‘bitcoin friendly.’ At best what you would find are banks that are willing to do business with Bitcoins enterprises and users or those that don't really care as to what customers do with their business accounts as long as it isn’t explicitly against the law.

Nevertheless, so far the following are the banks we have in the list of ‘bitcoin friendly banks’.
Thanks
*Fidor in Germany
*Bawag PSK in Austria
*Chase in USA
*Mistertango in Europe
*TD Bank

May I ask how these have been confirmed?

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 09:53:50 PM

Thanks
*Fidor in Germany
*Bawag PSK in Austria
*Chase in USA
*Mistertango in Europe
*TD Bank

May I ask how these have been confirmed?
My understandig is that they keep your bank account in local fiat or in EUR, USD etc. and they don't care if you send money to bitcoin exchange or to bitcoin wallet (in fiat, and wallet keeper does the exchange). They don't have bitcoin as a currency in the bank's system (there's no bank that has bitcoin account), but they don't care about the movements on your bank account, so they are bitcoin friendly. The bank can be bitcoin friendly, if you set up a company that works in the bitcoin business (and not in everyday business like bakery, shop, pharmacy, etc...) and they don't ask about the source of the money credited to the account (anyway, that's the job of the tax authority...)
I've heard about banks that close accounts if the owner sends money to bitcoin exchange, those are the bitcoin unfriendly banks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: