Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 10:35:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Cancelled] Big Time Coin selling 90 GH/s bitcoin mining devices - Batch A  (Read 12629 times)
dan99

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 01:39:47 AM

ya, something 100gh/s and cheaper than others..September is a long way.. by that time avalon, butterfly, knc, asicminer will already saturate
the markets.. Speed and Timing, as you can see avalon is 1 year a head of butterfly.Avalon fab or factory goes 24/7 butterfly fab probably goes
8/5 a week or 6/5 a week  Smiley how to match those guys overseas.
Big Time Coin (OP)

Activity: 332

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 04:52:32 AM

I understand the desire for more hashes, but these are avalon chips and the most that you can fit into a 4U case with a 1000W psu with adequate heat dissipation characteristics is 90 GH/s which can be overclocked perhaps to 96 GH/s.  You see where BFL is using cases intended for the Single to house the pre-ordered Jalapeno.  You can't argue with the laws of thermodynamics, they are immutable.

Big time, I'm on my way I'm making it, big time, oh yes
- Peter Gabriel
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:04:55 AM

If you had some proof of design instead of just an idea and still to get the engineers on board it might be different, but I feel there are too many unknowns yet.

I wish you all the best & hope you really do come up with another option for us all, but if I was to pay your price for that spec I would want to know it's actually possible, given today's asic market. Faced with a pre-order situation I feel either Burnin or Avalons 2/3 mini-rig would be safer options.  

As a note (and from the comments here), I think most people would not be willing to risk the 75BTC upfront price.  If you considered a half sized unit you might see one or two more adventurous punters take you up.
Mats8500

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 02:40:16 PM

If you had some proof of design instead of just an idea and still to get the engineers on board it might be different, but I feel there are too many unknowns yet.

I wish you all the best & hope you really do come up with another option for us all, but if I was to pay your price for that spec I would want to know it's actually possible, given today's asic market. Faced with a pre-order situation I feel either Burnin or Avalons 2/3 mini-rig would be safer options.  

As a note (and from the comments here), I think most people would not be willing to risk the 75BTC upfront price.  If you considered a half sized unit you might see one or two more adventurous punters take you up.

This is also my feeling. You definitely look like a nice guy and you are risking a lot there. I hope it all turn out to work good for you. But there is too much risk involved for a customer as BFL started shipping.
Big Time Coin (OP)

Activity: 332

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:42:18 AM

I am going to have to revise the timeline due to the following unforeseen circumstances:

1) Lack of qualified job applicants. 
2) Avalon has not moved any of the bitcoins sent to the pre-order address, has not communicated the cause of or length of delay for batch #2, and generally may be late in getting out the open-source specs, sample chips, and final chip orders.

As such, I will not be opening to pre-orders until, at the earliest,

1) I have received the sample chips, which should occur on or about May 15, 2013,
2) Avalon has released the PCB and FPGA open source reference designs, which should occur on May 1, 2013. 
3) I have an engineering/assembly team to consult with regarding production timeline and timeliness feasibility.

Once these things have happened, then I will revise the timeline and open up for either full pre-orders or chip deposits.

Big time, I'm on my way I'm making it, big time, oh yes
- Peter Gabriel
dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:41:11 AM

Wow you expect them to send you the sample chips and pcb board schematic so early, if you ask me it will be at month end and early June or even late June.. do you think avalon will send out the specs so early? 320 chip x $7 = $2,240 + $100 for other parts, $2,340 - $10,000 or 75 bitcoin  = $8,460? you make good profit  Smiley
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 11:31:19 PM

Can we order yet?

kevcoins

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:07:50 AM

they will not likely send out the sample chip early
bcpokey

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 07:46:01 AM

Props to this guy for not just raking in peoples money on the promise of turnaround that seemed unlikely. I'm guessing sample batches have yet to be delivered.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 07:53:29 AM

as i said in another topic ... when i see PRE-orde .. i run away  Roll Eyes

how about ORDER and ESCROW ?  Grin
kevcoins

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 04:46:05 PM

as i said in another topic ... when i see PRE-orde .. i run away  Roll Eyes

how about ORDER and ESCROW ?  Grin

Ya, Order and escrow or paypal
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 06:27:58 PM

How the hell is bfl getting away with PayPal?

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:37:21 PM

How the hell is bfl getting away with PayPal?

Paypal is massive, and BFL is yet to be inundated with refund requests as people hang in. I don't think it's on their radar yet.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 07:32:35 PM

I had my PayPal suspended dozens of times, sometimes for just being late 1 day shipping and they put me through hell drop shipping once. There's something shady at PayPal with bfl. Hope at least all the money is being held.

btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 07:46:47 PM

I really do not understand these companies, sigh, they really do not realize how much people would throw at them if they actually produced a working and shipping model.

People are spending $1200 just for 4 video cards at < 3GH/s

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
ecliptic

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 09:23:12 PM

Also nobody knows when Avalon is actually shipping their chips..
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:07:27 PM

I had my PayPal suspended dozens of times, sometimes for just being late 1 day shipping and they put me through hell drop shipping once. There's something shady at PayPal with bfl. Hope at least all the money is being held.

You didn't make Paypal a shit load of commission, they probably think BFL are amaze balls right now!

Paypal take like a 2.9% cut you know...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
relm9

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:44:05 PM

You didn't make Paypal a shit load of commission, they probably think BFL are amaze balls right now!

Paypal take like a 2.9% cut you know...

Exactly, if you are a big customer PayPal will work with you. They cut no slack for the little sellers however.
tiros

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Just another miner

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 12:04:32 PM

Tracking number received for my 4/1x/13 chip order - shipment info recieved only

And to respond to "pics or it didn't happen":

Office and assembly is move in ready to get going May 1 and the first set of chips have been ordered.

Any news?

Greed shouldn't be the essence of bitcoin
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 12:49:57 PM

PROJECT CANCELLED

1) Still have not received sample chips although it has been 6 weeks since my order
2) Have been unable to recruit a team of engineers
3) Have devoted insufficient time to the project
4) have decided that taking pre-order money to finance project would be a huge financial risk due to intolerably high likelihood of project failure presented by 1-3
5) post left up for posterity

Product offered for sale:
Modular mining device Made in the USA by Big Time Coin using chips bought from Avalon.

Contingencies: If Avalon fails to deliver the chips on time, the estimated dates cannot be met.  
If they fail to deliver the chips at all, the devices cannot be constructed.  Avalon has agreed to sell
the chips to Big Time Coin but has no other affiliation or association with this project.

Refunds:  Refunds are offered on a common sense basis where good cause is shown for the breach
of contract to buy.  Only the portion of the payment that was not forwarded on for chip purchase can be
refunded prior to receipt of chip shipment.  After chip shipment recieved and tested, BTC will
attempt to issue bitcoin refunds from the chip purchase portion of customer orders if possible.  
Non-chip-ordering payment portions will be converted into US Dollars and all non-chip-ordering
portion refunds will be processed using US Dollars.

Website currently under construction - launch will be announced in this thread www.bigtimecoin.com

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: