Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:36:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transfer from Coinbase to Breadwallet?  (Read 8069 times)
staggerpines (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 07:43:36 PM

Hi there,

I finally purchased a miniscule amount of part of a bitcoin from Coinbase.
I have that wallet on my Mac desktop.
I want to transfer that amount to a Breadwallet that I have on my iphone.
This is the next stage of my development and I don't have a clue.
I have the qr code from breadwallet but I cant scan my own phone to put that address on Coinbase to transfer the amount to Breadwallet.

What am i missing?
Help please.
Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GuyFawkesStereotype

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 08:56:18 PM

Do you have the Bitcoin address for your Breadwallet? Instead of scanning a QR code, look for your actual address (the "1" followed by the random numbers and letters). You could probably find it in the receiving addresses part of the app, if it has one. It may also be in settings. Once you find it, go to your Coinbase account, click "Send Bitcoin" or whatever it may be called, and type in the address you found from Breadwallet. Do note, depending on how small of a fraction you bought, you may not even be able to send the Bitcoin, or you may lose a great deal of it to transaction fees.
zend7

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

Hackers please hack me .... if you can :)

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 09:07:11 PM

It's very easy actually. In Coinbase go to the tab where it says Send/Request. Open up the Breadwallet let it sync to 100%  and the first tab you should see is receive money a QR code and below it the address to receive bitcoin.

Copy that address to the box you see in the below picture. That's all.

staggerpines (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 09:17:19 PM

OK. Thanks.

I manually entered the address. I thought there was magic fairy dust that transported the address through thought or something crazy like that.  Grin

As its a small amount, I guess confirmations will be really slow?
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 11:06:57 PM

Hi there,

I finally purchased a miniscule amount of part of a bitcoin from Coinbase.
I have that wallet on my Mac desktop.
I want to transfer that amount to a Breadwallet that I have on my iphone.
This is the next stage of my development and I don't have a clue.
I have the qr code from breadwallet but I cant scan my own phone to put that address on Coinbase to transfer the amount to Breadwallet.

What am i missing?
Help please.
Thanks.
You can find some great answers here about breadwallet and review. Try to open your breadwallet on pc or try to screen shot that one and send it to your pc then scan it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4d1zqv/review_breadwallet/
staggerpines (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 08:54:52 AM

Thank you all, much appreciated.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4606

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 12:17:07 PM

OK. Thanks.

I manually entered the address. I thought there was magic fairy dust that transported the address through thought or something crazy like that.  Grin

As its a small amount, I guess confirmations will be really slow?

Usually the iPhone will have the ability to copy the address (maybe hold your finger on the address for a second or two?).  Then you can paste the address into a txt message or into an email if you want to send it to someone, or into another app if you have a bitcoin app on your phone.

So you have a couple of options...

• If you have the coinbase app on your phone, then you can just paste the address into coinbase after copying it from breadwallet
  • You could email the breadwallet address to yourself from your phone and then check your email on your computer (then copy and paste from your email into the coinbase website)
  • As you ended up doing, you could just type the entire breadwallet bitcoin address into coinbase
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: