Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:46:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Big ETF pump  (Read 2125 times)
york780 (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 09:42:50 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2017, 09:54:36 PM by york780

Hi guys, why this extreme pump when there is only a 25-30 % chance of ETF aproval? Nobody wants to miss the moonrocket i guess? But lots of people are getting burned in march if you ask me. Perhaps all those new investors from Africa, India, Russia, Japan etc dont care about ETF at all?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2017, 09:54:47 PM

Hi guys, why this extreme pump when there is only a 25-30 % chance of ETF aproval? Nobody wants to miss the moonrocket i guess? But lots of people are getting burned in march if you ask me. Perhaps all those new inversotrs from Africa, India, Russia etc dont care about ETF at all?

ETF being approved is not that relevant. Bitcoin is going up because greedy bankers and politicians are waging a war against cash and attempting to force negative interest rates on numerous countries around the world. Its going up because people are buying it as a store of value. It is going up because for the last few months the supply has been only half what it used to be.

Bitcoin will go to the moon regardless of ETF and probably better without it. 
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 09:54:55 PM

Extreme pump??

We have been at this price level 4 years ago!!

We have been trying to go break this level and failed twice, once in Dec and another time in Jan... what extreme pump are you talking about? This is fucking bitcoin, "extreme pump" is not the correct word

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
york780 (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 09:58:29 PM

6% increase in 24 hours is quite extreme  Wink
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2017, 09:59:27 PM

6% increase in 24 hours is quite extreme  Wink

Dude this is bitcoin
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2017, 10:10:42 PM

but with such an great increase just before an 60 a 70% chance of a little dump (ETF) seems quite strange to me. It seems that the market dont expect a 'big' dump. Is this an usual patern to the earlier ETF aproval dates. And didnt the price pumped and decreased in the  earlier ETF scenario's ?

I'll say it again, despite all the chatter about an ETF pump, the ETF is small fry compared to bigger market forces at work. Bitcoin doesn't care about an ETF
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 10:16:46 PM

but with such an great increase just before an 60 a 70% chance of a little dump (ETF) seems quite strange to me. It seems that the market dont expect a 'big' dump. Is this an usual patern to the earlier ETF aproval dates. And didnt the price pumped and decreased in the  earlier ETF scenario's ?

I'll say it again, despite all the chatter about an ETF pump, the ETF is small fry compared to bigger market forces at work. Bitcoin doesn't care about an ETF

Actually always market needs some good news to boost the price of Bitcoin and the same is when market is reacting on the ETF news but actually when they will knew that ETF is not a big deal then it will react in selling of bitcoins and like this the price will start decline. So it is always that any good or bad news needed to move the price of bitcoin and the traders use it to fluctuate the price.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 10:23:13 PM

but with such an great increase just before an 60 a 70% chance of a little dump (ETF) seems quite strange to me. It seems that the market dont expect a 'big' dump. Is this an usual patern to the earlier ETF aproval dates. And didnt the price pumped and decreased in the  earlier ETF scenario's ?

I do...

Seems like we need help to break that damn $1200 barrier

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 10:23:26 PM

Hi guys, why this extreme pump when there is only a 25-30 % chance of ETF aproval?

Who knows what the odds are? The only people who know aren't going to let anything slip. Everyone else is in the dark.

There's a good chance there'll be a fall in case of a no, but at the same time there are ever swelling volumes in places where an ETF will be of absolutely no interest or use whatsoever.

EatonABooger

Activity: 151
Merit: 36

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 10:23:40 PM

sounds like the only explanation is that many (or a few doing a lot of buying) have definite knowledge of the ETF being approved.   Why does no one seem to think that there could be many folks who have access to the "insiders" that have leaked some information.   This is not a typical SEC decision where the outcome allows one to make a few percent depending on the outcome.  

This is an historic decision where anyone who could know of a "definite" approval could make a once-in-a-few-lifetimes type increase overnight.

What insider would NOT give a gift to a couple of their loved ones?   Next thing you know there are a few hundred folks that maybe turn into a few thousand that know of a "definite" approval and are out buying BTC.

just one theory.

“Look at those poor saps back on land with their laws and ethics! They’ll never know the simple joys of a monkey knife fight.”
H.J.Simpson
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2017, 10:27:32 PM

sounds like the only explanation is that many (or a few doing a lot of buying) have definite knowledge of the ETF being approved.   Why does no one seem to think that there could be many folks who have access to the "insiders" that have leaked some information.   This is not a typical SEC decision where the outcome allows one to make a few percent depending on the outcome.  

This is an historic decision where anyone who could know of a "definite" approval could make a once-in-a-few-lifetimes type increase overnight.

What insider would NOT give a gift to a couple of their loved ones?   Next thing you know there are a few hundred folks that maybe turn into a few thousand that know of a "definite" approval and are out buying BTC.

just one theory.

Well if this is all about the ETF (which I still doubt) maybe its a case of 'Buy the rumour sell the news'
DingDong87

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 10:32:46 PM

just one theory.

Well if this is all about the ETF (which I still doubt) maybe its a case of 'Buy the rumour sell the news'

It's always been sell the news.
york780 (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 10:46:49 PM

Winklevoss ETF june 2016:

After spending two years trying to get listed on Nasdaq, the effort picked up momentum in June when the Winklevoss brothers filed to move their application to the BATS exchange. Within two weeks of that change, SEC assistant secretary Jill Peterson opened a comment period as part of the approval process.

BTC price June 2016 : 478 EUR -> 668,57 EUR -> pump ->ETF related?

Winklevoss ETF  12 october 2016:

BTC price oktober 2016 : 556,14 EUR -> 538,29 EUR -> just before the big bull trend -> nothing really happens on this ETF date.

the actual first deadline is 28th August 2016:

BTC price August 28th 2016 : 515,16 EUR -> 555,10 EUR -> no extreme corrections because of the delay.

And now they expect an extreme increase to 1645 dollar or an correction to 551 dollar  Cheesy , according to Spencer Bogart from Needham & Company ( cointelegraph )

I guess only time will tell.

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-etf-anticipation-winklevoss-trust-deadline/
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 10:59:56 PM

Hi guys, why this extreme pump when there is only a 25-30 % chance of ETF aproval? Nobody wants to miss the moonrocket i guess? But lots of people are getting burned in march if you ask me. Perhaps all those new inversotrs from Africa, India, Russia etc dont care about ETF at all?

ETF being approved is not that relevant. Bitcoin is going up because greedy bankers and politicians are waging a war against cash and attempting to force negative interest rates on numerous countries around the world. Its going up because people are buying it as a store of value. It is going up because for the last few months the supply has been only half what it used to be.

Bitcoin will go to the moon regardless of ETF and probably better without it.  

Interesting what you said there, I thought about it and yes there is a good chance you are right. Bitcoin IS getting more attention, and not negative from what we used to know.

Although I do think the price will get a mini crash when the ETH fails, regardless of that this year a new ATH will be realised. Be it march or december> At this moment I am buying and holding for at least 2020.
From there we will see what more to gain is.

cengsuwuei

Activity: 714
Merit: 516

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 01:21:38 AM

IF ETF , SEC and china regulation positive response about bitcoin
i think bitcoin price can incraese very high, maybe in march bitcoin price can incraese to 1300 dollar/bitcoin

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14..

..Buy Now..

rogerwilco

Activity: 107

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 01:23:19 AM

Do we even want the ETF to pass?

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/how-latest-coin-etf-amendment-could-hurt-its-investors-and-perhaps-harm-bitcoin-too/
bettercrypto

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 04:48:18 AM

Well seems some dilemma in there but we could not know it until it happen.  I still want ETF to pass, and it is up to the developer on how they implement this ammendment without forking Bitcoin.  Anyway ETF is sure a big hype that produce a pump to bitcoin price.  I just hope this will not create a bubble.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
pooya87
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 10409

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 05:28:21 AM

~ extreme ~ pump ~

Kids Say the Darndest Things these days.
calling a teeny tiny rise an "extreme pump" as if it is their first day on bitcoin and seeing price charts Smiley

here let me help you see some history my friend
https://bitcoincharts.com/charts/bitstampUSD#tgSzm1g10zm2g25zv

in short, anything smaller than $100 rise is not considered "extreme" and anything less than $500 rise is not considered pump.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
Grdas130979

Activity: 84

The truth is out there

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 05:32:44 AM

Actually i dont think there is a big ETF pump, if there was the price should broke ATH big. There is a rise and people expect the ETF decision, but i dont think the market sees aproval, thats just my opinion.

fearlesscat10

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 05:45:58 AM

Well seems some dilemma in there but we could not know it until it happen.  I still want ETF to pass, and it is up to the developer on how they implement this ammendment without forking Bitcoin.  Anyway ETF is sure a big hype that produce a pump to bitcoin price.  I just hope this will not create a bubble.

At this point, a bubble seems likely with all the ETF hype. However, the ETF overall would still be a good influence on bitcoin because it would increase awareness regardless of whether it's approved or not.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: