Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:52:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: General questions regarding MtGox and Trading  (Read 686 times)
XjSv (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2011, 07:42:39 PM

I have some general questions regarding the handling of Bitcoins.

1 - There are many markets out there, what i want to know is WHY is MtGox used as the "gold standard". What i mean is for example there are a few applications out there that give you rates. Why would i want to know what the rates are for MtGox and not the others. As a matter of fact why would someone in their right mind want to buy Bitcoins from MtGox where there are cheaper markets. I Guess my main question here is according to what i mention why would someone still buy from MtGox. Is there some piece of crucial info that i am missing here?

2 - From a trading point of view could someone possibly buy lets say $5000 worth of BitCoins at the lowest price lets say 18.0 and then sell it back in another market which has a sell price of 20.0. Just doing that you can gain much profits.

And if this is all possible. Isent it more profitable to trade from one  market to another instead of purely mining?

Excuse my ignorance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:49:07 PM

1 - There are many markets out there, what i want to know is WHY is MtGox used as the "gold standard".
2 - From a trading point of view could someone possibly buy lets say $5000 worth of BitCoins at the lowest price lets say 18.0 and then sell it back in another market which has a sell price of 20.0. Just doing that you can gain much profits.

1. MtGox is a gold standard for failure and bad managment, u heard wrong or understand in opposite way
2. Its called arbitrage, its known way of making money, but its risky (transfer problems, delays etc)
drumingspz

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 07:07:12 PM

1 - There are many markets out there, what i want to know is WHY is MtGox used as the "gold standard". What i mean is for example there are a few applications out there that give you rates. Why would i want to know what the rates are for MtGox and not the others. As a matter of fact why would someone in their right mind want to buy Bitcoins from MtGox where there are cheaper markets. I Guess my main question here is according to what i mention why would someone still buy from MtGox. Is there some piece of crucial info that i am missing here?

And if this is all possible. Isent it more profitable to trade from one  market to another instead of purely mining?

Excuse my ignorance.

Why are we responding to a 6 year old question?

░░░░░░░▄▄█████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░▄██████████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████▄▄░░░░░░
░░▄██████████████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████████████▄░░░░
██████████████████████▄░░░░░░░░░░▄████████████████▄░░
▄███████████████████████▄░░░░░░░▄████████████████████
██████████████████████████▄░░░▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
█████████████████████████▀░░░░░▀████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀░░░░░░░░░▀█████████████████▀░░
░░███████████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████▀░░░░
░░░▀███████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░
░░░░░░▀█████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
mira  ▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄
Cryptocurrencies have never been so easy
▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬
Facebook LinkedIn Twitter White Paper Google+
▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄

[/center]
Pages: [1]
  Print