Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:25:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETF - Will be approved or not? Price will grow up anyway?  (Read 1449 times)
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 11:08:35 PM

I'm not entirely sure what affect this would have on the price of BTC but I'd assume that if COIN are denied, the price wouldn't really fall much if any at all. The current price has been relatively steady and is independent relative to the upcoming vote.
Having been said, if the SEC do grant them permission then the price of BTC could spike a little more given the fact the a government division is making further steps to legitimising Bitcoin in practical terms. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bettercrypto

Activity: 1316
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2017, 11:21:49 PM

I'm not entirely sure what affect this would have on the price of BTC but I'd assume that if COIN are denied, the price wouldn't really fall much if any at all. The current price has been relatively steady and is independent relative to the upcoming vote.
Having been said, if the SEC do grant them permission then the price of BTC could spike a little more given the fact the a government division is making further steps to legitimising Bitcoin in practical terms. 

If denied it won't fall much, that is if the manipulators do not ride the news and start creating a fake dump to make weaker hand to panick.  New comer will cetainly be the victim of this tactics, I just hope majority of these people have more faith in Bitcoin than their hands being weak.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 11:27:01 PM

If denied it won't fall much, that is if the manipulators do not ride the news and start creating a fake dump to make weaker hand to panick.  New comer will cetainly be the victim of this tactics, I just hope majority of these people have more faith in Bitcoin than their hands being weak.

The biggest players who can have a major impact on the price are those based in Asia.
The outcome of this vote won't mean anything to them and as far as we're concerned it shouldn't prompt any reaction from them.
The only worry is that if a few US players start selling, Asian whales will follow suit and that could significantly lower the price.
Having been said, even if they are denied, I doubt many US investors will start dumping. It wouldn't be in their best interests and they know that.
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 11:36:48 PM

The biggest players who can have a major impact on the price are those based in Asia.
The outcome of this vote won't mean anything to them and as far as we're concerned it shouldn't prompt any reaction from them.
The only worry is that if a few US players start selling, Asian whales will follow suit and that could significantly lower the price.
Having been said, even if they are denied, I doubt many US investors will start dumping. It wouldn't be in their best interests and they know that.
If SEC disapprove winklevoss ETF, new investors will claim bitcoin as bad decision to put their money due to price volatility.
They already know about this and being prepared to suddenly withdraw their funds in case of ETF denial.
I'm pretty sure that bitcoin price will fall down to around $8000-$900 again just like the last crash.
It is a gambling investment, that's why some have been stated this as bad condition for bitcoin.
TomPlatz

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 07:58:27 AM

Unless the SEC are defiantly arrogant I'd say that we are looking good for approval.

However if it is their style to make the applicants wait 4 years and to the very last day with no hint that the latter part of the details is of major concern then you would wonder why not deny the ETF much sooner and let the applicants bow out gracefully due to some already known fundamental issue they have, no need to hold off until the last moment to slap them in the face.
With the recent meeting that took place and the players involved, I think we better get some extra cash ready or expect to be shocked by the non sporting manner of the SEC.
https://btcmanager.com/sec-update-on-winklevoss-etf-higher-probability-of-approval/
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 02:00:42 PM

If SEC disapprove winklevoss ETF, new investors will claim bitcoin as bad decision to put their money due to price volatility.
They already know about this and being prepared to suddenly withdraw their funds in case of ETF denial.
I'm pretty sure that bitcoin price will fall down to around $8000-$900 again just like the last crash.
It is a gambling investment, that's why some have been stated this as bad condition for bitcoin.

So you believe when the ETF gets rejected the price will drop. I agree with that.Qustion is how low will we go? I think not lower than 800. So Bitcoin will again show some volatility.
Now the other side of the coin! If one the 3 possible ETFs gets approved, the price could shoot up to 2000+ in no time. In this case you will have a lot of volatility as well. And some traders will take benefit of that. The price may rise to 3000 and then drop to half of that. Do you think people who put some serious amounts of their retirement accounts into the ETF will love that? We Bitcoiners are used to that volatility. But the average joes out there will puke like in a rolleroaster, drop that papers and never come back.
So it's a double edged sword as you can see! The line Bitcoin will have to move on forward is very thin!
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 02:06:49 PM

It always depend onthe demand of bitcoin or depends on the volume when it become hogher maybe the etf approval will be affect the bitcoin lriceor maybe there will be new more users who will use bitcoin maybe there will be country that will unbanned bitcoin.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1156

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 02:16:27 PM

I am the one, believing in to prices of bitcoin will grow up regardless of whatever decisions will be taken on bitcoin ETF. Because this application for ETF will serve as very big promotion for bitcoin ecosystem. The media coverage will get what bitcoin actually needs, yes I guess bitcoin has already started attracting new investors.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Yutikas_11920

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 02:20:33 PM

If SEC approved its ETF, we will see a big leap in bitcoin price. I know a lot skepticism coming from Wall Street analyst regarding the approval, but I still hope it will and once approved, a lot of capital worth millions  would flood bitcoin ecosystem and such influx will cause the price to leap  to skyrocket price.

Yeah, indeed all of that into a big dream for all of us who use the bitcoin. because it is not possible I use something that does not have the opportunity or the great opportunities in the future, because we live and work for the future and also to get good results for today. Bitcoin does have it, but I think it's still very early or not, it's time to make the price of the bitcoin soared. Because the security of the bitcoin has not been established by legal entities and also there has not been a trusted technology company to develop a technology-based bitcoin,
staggerpines

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 05:54:04 AM

Those in favour of the ETF to make Bitcoin more centralized are missing out on the whole ethos of Bitcoin in the first place. Decentralization is the bedrock. Anyway, I have the popcorn out ready for the verdict.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 06:44:50 AM

Its obvious what will happen if ETF is approved. Of course there would be a big jump in price since corporation money and such will begin entering bitcoin and I don't think that many people are buying bitcoin now because of ETF so there might be a dump when it is denied but it will be not that big, not enough for bitcoin to go down to sub 1000$ prices. Surely right now bitcoin is really holding it's price to the prices ranges we see now and it is really strong.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 07:16:54 AM

Those in favour of the ETF to make Bitcoin more centralized are missing out on the whole ethos of Bitcoin in the first place. Decentralization is the bedrock. Anyway, I have the popcorn out ready for the verdict.

Yes it is true that bitcoin will lose its being a decentralized coin due to the approval of ETF. But such approval has also advantages and will protect bitcoin user and holders from hackers and sudden loss due to volatility. The only thing I am concerned about is that when ETF is implemented the price increase of bitcoin may possibly stop. I am not sure about this but I hope I am wrong on this one.
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 07:51:28 AM

I think no one here can predict whether It will approve or not, but one thing is for sure the approval of ETF will boost market, at this moment bitcoin hits all time high of $1200+ while approaching March 11, I'm very excited whats gonna happen after decision has been made, lets see.

CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 08:53:42 AM

Many people said that ETF will be approved and of course price will grow up too,
be signed with bitcoin's price becomed around $1200/BTC
but it is still speculation because ETF is still not be approved,
the true we must wait until ETF be approved or not and what will happen with bitcoin's price.  Grin
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: