Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:20:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Canadian Options  (Read 539 times)
bitcoinnewscan (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 11:53:05 PM

Hi folks,

Looking for anyone who is Canadian and wants help with figuring out the fastest way into bitcoins. Just jumped over 100 bucks today around 3 pm PST. Lots of the larger trading like Mt.Gox take a while to verify and wiring also takes more time. More set up for the states.

We do have a few Canadian options right now

Canadianbitcoin.com - Out of Ottawa - Good Cash in Person deposit options, lots of other ways, I used for a while. Left when I found Canadian Virtual Exchange (see below)

And

www.cavirtex.com - Out of Calgary - I use this one personally
- Great interface, response time for customer service is good, plus you can purchase shares of the company if you felt so inclined. Cash deposits within the day, as long as you follow directions.
Direct deposit available to verified users. 

If you have anymore questions, please respond here. I am a lurker turned poster. Figured I start working off the newbie status even though I have been trading for a year.

I am not affiliated with either. Not a share holder. Just a fellow Canadian trying to save other Canadians time.

If you wan to tip : 1BsRtH61Gsn9QbarNqYLmjNjYRenxdegWw
Digicoiner

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

In Crypto I trust.

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 12:23:46 AM

The 3% fee at cavirtex is too high though compared to other exchanges.
bitcoinnewscan (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 12:33:43 AM

Its true, but in my Canadian experience it is easy to get money in an account there and then go wallet to wallet with another exchange.

If you wan to tip : 1BsRtH61Gsn9QbarNqYLmjNjYRenxdegWw
lsvpa

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 12:44:18 AM

A Toronto exchange is opening soon, beta testing right now. I'm not affiliated with them in any way, just heard of them today.

https://btcto.com/
bitcoinnewscan (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 12:47:32 AM

Yup, so did I. Thanks for the reminder

Started a twitter @ BitcoinNewsCan for Canadian Related content. Reddit posted about them today. They are looking for hackers to help them out.
cavirtex

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

CAVIRTEX | Canadian Virtual Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 06:38:02 PM

Hi Digicoiner,

The fees we charge reflect the value of service we provide and the legal realities of keeping funds in Canadian banks with a Canadian corporation.

We operate our exchange with a team of dedicated full-time people. We also have a business plan that will add many more features to our exchange (you can view it in our prospectus: https://www.havelockinvestments.com/reportdownload.php?id=7).

On the legal and regulatory front, we are paying for legal advice on how to operate in Canada with the utmost safety to customer funds.

You will find that other smaller competing exchanges that offer low fees may not have a full-time team, a publicly-viewable business plan or any legal or regulatory efforts underway. 

(Note: With enough trading volume you can reduce fees to 0.5%.)

CAVIRTEX is Canada's #1 Bitcoin exchange with over 90 million CAD traded in our 3 years of operations. Visit https://www.cavirtex.com.
MidnightTokr

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:02:04 PM

https://www.libertybit.com/  is what I've been using.

Their fees are competitive with the other major exchanges (0.5%) and they accept e-INTERAC. For me, accepting e-INTERAC is the biggest attraction to LibertyBit. No authorization required, you can do it from home, only takes 24h for the funds to appear in your account (though I'd love for this to be even shorter) and they only charge $2 on top of the $1ish your bank will charge you for the transfer.

That said, the site doesn't appear overly professional to me and I don't know how I'd feel about leaving my fiat there for very long in case they go under/get shut down.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:06:05 PM

Hi Digicoiner,

The fees we charge reflect the value of service we provide and the legal realities of keeping funds in Canadian banks with a Canadian corporation.

We operate our exchange with a team of dedicated full-time people. We also have a business plan that will add many more features to our exchange (you can view it in our prospectus: https://www.havelockinvestments.com/reportdownload.php?id=7).

On the legal and regulatory front, we are paying for legal advice on how to operate in Canada with the utmost safety to customer funds.

You will find that other smaller competing exchanges that offer low fees may not have a full-time team, a publicly-viewable business plan or any legal or regulatory efforts underway.  

(Note: With enough trading volume you can reduce fees to 0.5%.)
Yeah right only needs to trade 332 500$ @ 133$/BTC
Easily done!

You guys are only a good option for small amount. Until you lower your fees I prefer to wire to other exchanges.
chalupa_batman

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:58:10 PM

i've used cavirtex on 3 different occasions, worked very well

edit: except for the 3% fee, i will admit i use a different exchange to trade, but i did use cavirtex each time i had to transfer money from my bank
riazg

Activity: 46

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 02:16:30 PM

A Toronto exchange is opening soon, beta testing right now. I'm not affiliated with them in any way, just heard of them today.

https://btcto.com/

Hey, without signing up I can't look up the fees. Anyone know what the fees are for this site?
zachamo

Activity: 346
Merit: 251

There can be only one!

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 02:51:14 PM

I can vouch for both Virtex and Liberty Bit - I've been using both for a couple months now and have deposited and withdrawn bitcoins and CAD with no trouble.

Liberty Bit has much lower fees and better options for deposit and withdraw, but they're also much smaller in terms of volume and mostly a sellers market (most of the filled orders are buy orders, making for higher prices). It also has much lower market depth - so it'll collapse / explode faster than Virtex - this can be a good or bad thing depending on the day and what you're holding.

I would consider STARTING with Liberty Bit because it's easier to deposit funds and the rates are lower. Once you've bought some BTC, move them over to Virtex and holding some funds in both. That's what I do :p

Cheers
Zac

4000 chars available and all I got was this stupid tagline.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: