Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:23:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB 200-300 LTC via Paypal  (Read 739 times)
Philb (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 12:24:10 AM

I know everyone hates Paypal but that's what I can do. I will cover fees but I will not send as a gift (already been scammed that way).  I will not refund transaction as I want the coins. I have very good ebay feedback and if you want we can set up a listing there. Or if you have alternative suggestions, I am open!
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 12:29:19 AM

Likely scam, over 400 USD from a new user trough PP lol

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 12:31:53 AM

Or if you have alternative suggestions, I am open!

Take the time to learn how to get your USD into BTC-e.com and get Litecoins that way. No one is going to do paypal due to chargebacks and Paypal's no crypto policy!
Philb (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:01:07 AM

Likely scam, over 400 USD from a new user trough PP lol

It's sad that because all those people have ruined it in the past I am labeled a scammer before you even know me!
Philb (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:03:17 AM

Take the time to learn how to get your USD into BTC-e.com and get Litecoins that way. No one is going to do paypal due to chargebacks and Paypal's no crypto policy!

Yeah I guess I will just have to use Dwolla and send it but that takes soooo much time.
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:32:41 AM

Yeah I guess I will just have to use Dwolla and send it but that takes soooo much time.

AFAIK, BTC-e accepts funding with Paypal

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
Ilikeham

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:34:55 AM

no one accepts funding through paypal.
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:35:50 AM

Except eBay, but coins are way overpriced - probably to cover scamming chargebacks
bob777fred

Activity: 123

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:36:44 AM

I know everyone hates Paypal but that's what I can do. I will cover fees but I will not send as a gift (already been scammed that way).  I will not refund transaction as I want the coins. I have very good ebay feedback and if you want we can set up a listing there. Or if you have alternative suggestions, I am open!

How did you get scammed by sending it as a gift? I don't understand this part, is it because you cannot take back a charge that is sent as a gift?
Philb (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:38:18 AM

Except eBay, but coins are way overpriced - probably to cover scamming chargebacks

Yeah impossible to use paypal it seems and ebay are like 2-5x market price. I just want some effin LTC!!
wmikrut

Activity: 631
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 01:42:54 AM

Before I knew what I was doing, I tried selling BTCs on eBay.... accepting PayPal payments.

I was scammed out of quite a few BTCs... as almost everyone who paid, filed a claim with PayPal stating their account was hacked and they never sent the money.  I had to refund all the transactions, and still lost the BTCs.

Live and learn... then don't do it again!   Cool

I will NEVER ask for any kind of funds up front in a buy/sale of anything on bitcointalk.

BM-2cTFihJKmSwusMAoYuUHPvpx56Jozv64KK
Philb (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:44:12 AM

How did you get scammed by sending it as a gift? I don't understand this part, is it because you cannot take back a charge that is sent as a gift?

Right you can't dispute the transaction because technically it was a gift.  I reported I was hacked but I doubt Paypal will side with me considering I wasn't. This guy scammed multiple people https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177095.0  Blitzing aka Lieutenant Dan
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:45:22 AM

Before I knew what I was doing, I tried selling BTCs on eBay.... accepting PayPal payments.

I was scammed out of quite a few BTCs... as almost everyone who paid, filed a claim with PayPal stating their account was hacked and they never sent the money.  I had to refund all the transactions, and still lost the BTCs.

Live and learn... then don't do it again!   Cool

I must've been lucky I sold a few BTC on eBay back in the day for $25 and never got a chargeback - but knew I was playing with fire (and I didn't want to sell my BTC anymore) and didn't do it for long!
bob777fred

Activity: 123

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:47:11 AM

Right you can't dispute the transaction because technically it was a gift.  I reported I was hacked but I doubt Paypal will side with me considering I wasn't. This guy scammed multiple people https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177095.0  Blitzing aka Lieutenant Dan

Considering you just admitted lying to PayPal (although I understand why, don't get me wrong), that doesn't bode well for trustworthiness here =X
Philb (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:47:27 AM

So basically whoever can figure out to how accept paypal and not get scammed will make a shit load of money.
Philb (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:52:31 AM

Considering you just admitted lying to PayPal (although I understand why, don't get me wrong), that doesn't bode well for trustworthiness here =X

I didn't lie to paypal.  Reporting I was hacked was the only way to dispute the transaction and usually they will contact both parties for the story where I will tell them the truth.  I doubt they will side with me because I wasn't hacked and I sent a gift although I know they are aware of virtual currency trading as there has been a lot of scamming. I just hope (slim to none chance) that multiple people will report him too and Paypal will see that this guy scammed us.
wmikrut

Activity: 631
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 01:52:38 AM

So basically whoever can figure out to how accept paypal and not get scammed will make a shit load of money.

It will never happen.  PayPal is in the business to protect their customers.
Reasonable doubt will be investigated.

The problem with crypto currencies -- there is no 'physical' product... and such, no acceptable proof of delivery.
Perhaps in the future PayPal would create a 'PayPal' coin -- not mine-able, but transferable.

If they have control, they have the proof of a 'transaction'.

I will NEVER ask for any kind of funds up front in a buy/sale of anything on bitcointalk.

BM-2cTFihJKmSwusMAoYuUHPvpx56Jozv64KK
chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:56:36 AM

well, you could wait 30 days before sending the crypto.
Philb (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 02:04:41 AM

It will never happen.  PayPal is in the business to protect their customers.
Reasonable doubt will be investigated.

The problem with crypto currencies -- there is no 'physical' product... and such, no acceptable proof of delivery.
Perhaps in the future PayPal would create a 'PayPal' coin -- not mine-able, but transferable.

If they have control, they have the proof of a 'transaction'.

What about a website/exchange where users can make buy or sell listings and if you want to buy, you send gift money to the website and your account is credited $$.  If you want to sell you send the coins to the websites wallet and the exchange is done when both parties agree and complete.

Anyone a developer, I think that would work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: