Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:37:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB 200-300 LTC via Paypal  (Read 739 times)
Philb (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 12:24:10 AM

I know everyone hates Paypal but that's what I can do. I will cover fees but I will not send as a gift (already been scammed that way).  I will not refund transaction as I want the coins. I have very good ebay feedback and if you want we can set up a listing there. Or if you have alternative suggestions, I am open!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 12:29:19 AM

Likely scam, over 400 USD from a new user trough PP lol

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 12:31:53 AM

Or if you have alternative suggestions, I am open!

Take the time to learn how to get your USD into BTC-e.com and get Litecoins that way. No one is going to do paypal due to chargebacks and Paypal's no crypto policy!
Philb (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:01:07 AM

Likely scam, over 400 USD from a new user trough PP lol

It's sad that because all those people have ruined it in the past I am labeled a scammer before you even know me!
Philb (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:03:17 AM

Take the time to learn how to get your USD into BTC-e.com and get Litecoins that way. No one is going to do paypal due to chargebacks and Paypal's no crypto policy!

Yeah I guess I will just have to use Dwolla and send it but that takes soooo much time.
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:32:41 AM

Yeah I guess I will just have to use Dwolla and send it but that takes soooo much time.

AFAIK, BTC-e accepts funding with Paypal

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
Ilikeham

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:34:55 AM

no one accepts funding through paypal.
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:35:50 AM

Except eBay, but coins are way overpriced - probably to cover scamming chargebacks
bob777fred

Activity: 123

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:36:44 AM

I know everyone hates Paypal but that's what I can do. I will cover fees but I will not send as a gift (already been scammed that way).  I will not refund transaction as I want the coins. I have very good ebay feedback and if you want we can set up a listing there. Or if you have alternative suggestions, I am open!

How did you get scammed by sending it as a gift? I don't understand this part, is it because you cannot take back a charge that is sent as a gift?
Philb (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:38:18 AM

Except eBay, but coins are way overpriced - probably to cover scamming chargebacks

Yeah impossible to use paypal it seems and ebay are like 2-5x market price. I just want some effin LTC!!
wmikrut

Activity: 631
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 01:42:54 AM

Before I knew what I was doing, I tried selling BTCs on eBay.... accepting PayPal payments.

I was scammed out of quite a few BTCs... as almost everyone who paid, filed a claim with PayPal stating their account was hacked and they never sent the money.  I had to refund all the transactions, and still lost the BTCs.

Live and learn... then don't do it again!   Cool

I will NEVER ask for any kind of funds up front in a buy/sale of anything on bitcointalk.

BM-2cTFihJKmSwusMAoYuUHPvpx56Jozv64KK
Philb (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:44:12 AM

How did you get scammed by sending it as a gift? I don't understand this part, is it because you cannot take back a charge that is sent as a gift?

Right you can't dispute the transaction because technically it was a gift.  I reported I was hacked but I doubt Paypal will side with me considering I wasn't. This guy scammed multiple people https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177095.0  Blitzing aka Lieutenant Dan
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:45:22 AM

Before I knew what I was doing, I tried selling BTCs on eBay.... accepting PayPal payments.

I was scammed out of quite a few BTCs... as almost everyone who paid, filed a claim with PayPal stating their account was hacked and they never sent the money.  I had to refund all the transactions, and still lost the BTCs.

Live and learn... then don't do it again!   Cool

I must've been lucky I sold a few BTC on eBay back in the day for $25 and never got a chargeback - but knew I was playing with fire (and I didn't want to sell my BTC anymore) and didn't do it for long!
bob777fred

Activity: 123

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:47:11 AM

Right you can't dispute the transaction because technically it was a gift.  I reported I was hacked but I doubt Paypal will side with me considering I wasn't. This guy scammed multiple people https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177095.0  Blitzing aka Lieutenant Dan

Considering you just admitted lying to PayPal (although I understand why, don't get me wrong), that doesn't bode well for trustworthiness here =X
Philb (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:47:27 AM

So basically whoever can figure out to how accept paypal and not get scammed will make a shit load of money.
Philb (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:52:31 AM

Considering you just admitted lying to PayPal (although I understand why, don't get me wrong), that doesn't bode well for trustworthiness here =X

I didn't lie to paypal.  Reporting I was hacked was the only way to dispute the transaction and usually they will contact both parties for the story where I will tell them the truth.  I doubt they will side with me because I wasn't hacked and I sent a gift although I know they are aware of virtual currency trading as there has been a lot of scamming. I just hope (slim to none chance) that multiple people will report him too and Paypal will see that this guy scammed us.
wmikrut

Activity: 631
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 01:52:38 AM

So basically whoever can figure out to how accept paypal and not get scammed will make a shit load of money.

It will never happen.  PayPal is in the business to protect their customers.
Reasonable doubt will be investigated.

The problem with crypto currencies -- there is no 'physical' product... and such, no acceptable proof of delivery.
Perhaps in the future PayPal would create a 'PayPal' coin -- not mine-able, but transferable.

If they have control, they have the proof of a 'transaction'.

I will NEVER ask for any kind of funds up front in a buy/sale of anything on bitcointalk.

BM-2cTFihJKmSwusMAoYuUHPvpx56Jozv64KK
chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:56:36 AM

well, you could wait 30 days before sending the crypto.
Philb (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 02:04:41 AM

It will never happen.  PayPal is in the business to protect their customers.
Reasonable doubt will be investigated.

The problem with crypto currencies -- there is no 'physical' product... and such, no acceptable proof of delivery.
Perhaps in the future PayPal would create a 'PayPal' coin -- not mine-able, but transferable.

If they have control, they have the proof of a 'transaction'.

What about a website/exchange where users can make buy or sell listings and if you want to buy, you send gift money to the website and your account is credited $$.  If you want to sell you send the coins to the websites wallet and the exchange is done when both parties agree and complete.

Anyone a developer, I think that would work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: