Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:42:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's keep the price floating above $1k still?  (Read 2371 times)
darkota (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 05:53:16 PM

Curious since this is actually a bit annoying. But can anyone send a reference or source as to who/why is keeping the price of btc above 1k for this long?

*Yes I want it to fall, nothing to hide here*
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Spandam

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 05:56:02 PM

Curious since this is actually a bit annoying. But can anyone send a reference or source as to who/why is keeping the price of btc above 1k for this long?

Till now since I have came across knowing bitcoins I never heard a genuine reason about why the price is getting high and then low or vice versa. Only logic given to me is that the demand and supply have a difference and that's the reason.
By the way man why you want the price to get low Sad ?

Giveaways, Gambling, Gaming, the three g's that make me G's, hell yeah O-o
darkota (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 06:01:17 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2017, 06:15:54 PM by darkota

Till now since I have came across knowing bitcoins I never heard a genuine reason about why the price is getting high and then low or vice versa. Only logic given to me is that the demand and supply have a difference and that's the reason.

Because I want to buy in more obviously, Bitcoin's price floating above $1k means it's almost not worth it to me to trade right now(Unless it rises considerably above 1k, maybe $1.3k or so but that's not going to happen)

I have some invested in Monero too. Also the price staying above 1k without any valid reason means its being manipulated and that's never a good thing.
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 06:10:46 PM

It could have something to do with the decisions on the exchange-traded funds (ETF) being considered soon.  There's a few big players in the game (https://cointelegraph.com/news/barry-silbert-now-competes-with-winklevoss-twins-solidx-for-launching-first-bitcoin-etf-in-2017) and there's a lot of speculation at the moment (http://seekingalpha.com/article/4044517-bitcoin-etf-approved-march-2017-black-swan-asymmetric-risk-reward).  I think there will be a decision making hearing next month (http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/02/06/sec-faces-march-11-deadline-bitcoin-etf-decision/).

peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 06:44:30 PM

It could have something to do with the decisions on the exchange-traded funds (ETF) being considered soon.  There's a few big players in the game (https://cointelegraph.com/news/barry-silbert-now-competes-with-winklevoss-twins-solidx-for-launching-first-bitcoin-etf-in-2017) and there's a lot of speculation at the moment (http://seekingalpha.com/article/4044517-bitcoin-etf-approved-march-2017-black-swan-asymmetric-risk-reward).  I think there will be a decision making hearing next month (http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/02/06/sec-faces-march-11-deadline-bitcoin-etf-decision/).

This is the main reason. The price will still increase until March 11 when SEC will decide whether ETF is granted. So for now, we are waiting for the decision, but the consensus is that the SEC will not approve it so its up to us on how to play our bitcoin to earn until the SEC decision is handed down.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
AicecreaME

Activity: 2338
Merit: 454

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 07:17:37 PM

I'm sure that OP is a trader. He wants the price of bitcoin to get low again so that he can buy bitcoin and sell it on high price, or he can also hold it and wait again until the bitcoins price gets high again so that he could earn huge profit from it. But I think bitcoin would be stable on $1000 and the next PUMP would be $1500, though I am not sure if it is really going to happen.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 07:40:07 PM

I'm sure that OP is a trader. He wants the price of bitcoin to get low again so that he can buy bitcoin and sell it on high price, or he can also hold it and wait again until the bitcoins price gets high again so that he could earn huge profit from it. But I think bitcoin would be stable on $1000 and the next PUMP would be $1500, though I am not sure if it is really going to happen.
Those are somehow the same thoghts I have.
The actual price is good for the coins I already have... but somehow I would like to have more.
And of course I would like to get them a little cheaper than the price is at the moment.
But who knows. Maybe in a few months we will remember this time as the time where bitcoin was still cheap...

It's me!!!
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 07:44:31 PM

I am also was asking and searching information of why the price for bitcoin behaves itself so. And the only reply I found out is demand.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 07:44:38 PM

I think, one of the factors why bitcoin is keep floating on 1,000$ price +++ is because of the support of the community and also the big investors who are playing in the market and also those people who creates hype which cause for the bitcoin to be stable at that price mark and i believe that bitcoin price will be more stable after a few months @1,000$.
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 07:45:53 PM

For this same reason why I always ask myself why do we need to bother ourselves in trying to find answers to everything or reasons to everything. When the price is going down we ask questions and find a way to link it to a reason then again the price is rising we are still looking for a reason to attach it to. Whether the reason is known or not, those who will lose will still do and those who will win and make profit without even bothering about reason.
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 08:02:16 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2017, 09:04:21 PM by cjmoles

It could have something to do with the decisions on the exchange-traded funds (ETF) being considered soon.  There's a few big players in the game (https://cointelegraph.com/news/barry-silbert-now-competes-with-winklevoss-twins-solidx-for-launching-first-bitcoin-etf-in-2017) and there's a lot of speculation at the moment (http://seekingalpha.com/article/4044517-bitcoin-etf-approved-march-2017-black-swan-asymmetric-risk-reward).  I think there will be a decision making hearing next month (http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/02/06/sec-faces-march-11-deadline-bitcoin-etf-decision/).

This is the main reason. The price will still increase until March 11 when SEC will decide whether ETF is granted. So for now, we are waiting for the decision, but the consensus is that the SEC will not approve it so its up to us on how to play our bitcoin to earn until the SEC decision is handed down.

What's confusing is that transactions confirmation times are increasing (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1801222.msg17944442#msg17944442) while transaction fees are spiking (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1801222.msg17944442#msg17944442).  So, while the bitcoin network is under stress, the price keeps increasing (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1802107.msg17953316#msg17953316) which seems counter intuitive.  Might all this be related to the ETF speculation, or is there something else in the works?
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 08:06:14 PM

Because I want to buy in more obviously, Bitcoin's price floating above $1k means it's almost not worth it to me to trade right now(Unless it rises considerably above 1k, maybe $1.3k or so but that's not going to happen)

I have some invested in Monero too. Also the price staying above 1k without any valid reason means its being manipulated and that's never a good thing.

You may get your chance to buy in a cheaper price if ETF fails to be approved on March 11. But if it gets approved, I am sorry to tell, you may not see cheap price again. Maybe your 1.3K is not that hard to achieve when everything goes right regarding ETF.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 08:19:12 PM

The BTC price increase could be insider trading

There are people who *might* already know the bitcoin ETF will be granted by the SEC.

They're buying now expecting the price to go higher when the announcement is made.
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 11:25:54 PM

I doubt that we will see below $1000 ever again, unless something drastic happens.  the signs were all there it was testing and testing 1050 for weeks and even the chinese couldnt stop it.  it will be at $2000 by the end of the year, dont miss out.  Grin
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 11:57:48 PM

a trader and bitcoin believer will never want bitcoin price fall down .

i will prefer to see the bitcoin price keep growing day in day out and getting profit while the growth. also so far there is no strong reason why bitcoin should fall , the bitcoin market even getting better and better , a lot of investor coming , so why it should go bearish?

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 12:21:51 AM

I am willing to bet 100% that a lot of this (especially everything you're seeing right now) is anticipation for the ETF decision coming up in around 2 weeks or so.

There isn't really anything important to reference of whatever, but the fact that it is sitting this high means there are people all around the world anticipating the ETF application result and, if it is approved, then expect the price to go WAY up VERY quickly.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 12:27:38 AM

This is bitcoin best features it's scarcity that makes the demand higher and supply very scarce and this what makes the price to surge,and about the price I don't think it will get 10% lower of it's current price,once it slide down it always bounce back.

ilovefeetsmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 12:41:54 AM

It means that our new technology shows how much progress has been made in making bitcoin easier to use. The bitcoins become more robust and predominant from other currencies. Bitcoin’s performance may now be tied to the stock market and the demand and supply. I think the main reason behind bitcoin’s price rise into $1000 this year is because of major global political and economic disturbance, including Trump’s election, change in the banking sector.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████▀▀      ▀▀▀██████████████████
█████████▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄▄▄▄  ▄██▀▀     ▀▀████████
███████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄████████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀█████
██████   ▄█████████▄████████▀  ▄▄█████████▄   ████
█████   ▄█████████████████▀  ▄██████████████▄▄▄███
██            ██████████▀  ▄██████████████████████
█████   ▀█████████████▀  ▄██████████████████▀▀▀███
██████   ▀█████████▀▀  ▄████████▀█████████▀   ████
███████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████████▀    ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█████
█████████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀  ▀▀▀▀   ▄▄▄      ▄▄████████
████████████████████▄▄▄     ▄▄████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
.Ethernity CLOUD.

...DECENTRALIZED CONFIDENTIAL COMPUTING...PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021.....REGISTER HERE..
danherbias07
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1119

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 01:00:08 AM

It could have something to do with the decisions on the exchange-traded funds (ETF) being considered soon.  There's a few big players in the game (https://cointelegraph.com/news/barry-silbert-now-competes-with-winklevoss-twins-solidx-for-launching-first-bitcoin-etf-in-2017) and there's a lot of speculation at the moment (http://seekingalpha.com/article/4044517-bitcoin-etf-approved-march-2017-black-swan-asymmetric-risk-reward).  I think there will be a decision making hearing next month (http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/02/06/sec-faces-march-11-deadline-bitcoin-etf-decision/).

This is the best answer I think. That ETF thing will make a boost to investors trust rating though when registered, it will really not make much of a movement.
Add up the PBOC taking steps into having more knowledge into blockchain, although they are dont want bitcoin and want their own that is still a question for many. Why blockchain? Then it continues the research to bitcoin.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 01:10:24 AM

The reason why it still so stable in 1000$ is because there are a  lot of user that started to believe in bitcoin and started to used bitcoin more frequently, so it increase the demand so the price is at over 1000$ and can be stable at that point
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: