Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:57:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin at an all time high  (Read 2157 times)
Gatorelf (OP)

Activity: 845
Merit: 267

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 06:29:50 PM

Where from here? and predictions for 2017 ?  How about the next dip?

I myself think dip at $1,300 but finish the year at $2,500 to $3,500

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bigbrowndingleberry

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 06:33:08 PM

I think in coming month March we will see the price surely reaching the 1300$ mark and by the end of this year 2017 we will see that the price has already crossed $1500 and maybe even $2000 as most people believe that.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 06:34:36 PM

Probably a new top in the next two months....consolidate for 6-7 months and make another ATH.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 07:13:38 PM

I don't see the price increase dramatically in March.
Everybody is expecting an increase with ETF approval, but I think we have already witnessed that increase.
I expect the price to stay stable for a few weeks now. And after that, who knows...

It's me!!!
megadeth

Activity: 289
Merit: 252

bagholder since 2013

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 07:14:06 PM

Probably a new top in the next two months....consolidate for 6-7 months and make another ATH.

SmoothieBull is back.

bagholder since 2013
My sig space is not for sale.
Gatorelf (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 10:30:26 PM

I don't see the price increase dramatically in March.
Everybody is expecting an increase with ETF approval, but I think we have already witnessed that increase.
I expect the price to stay stable for a few weeks now. And after that, who knows...

I think so too, the ETF is not guaranteed but already priced in. I think its pretty steady for a while and if ETF is rejected we see a dip   
HEPHAISTOS

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 10:34:59 PM

I Agree for the ATH transaction fee.

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ KeyFund ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████  AUTONOMOUS YIELD TOKEN - DEFLATIONARY MECHANISM  █████    FACEBOOK PAGE    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       MEDIUM      ███
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 10:38:00 PM

I think so too, the ETF is not guaranteed but already priced in. I think its pretty steady for a while and if ETF is rejected we see a dip   

no way is it guaranteed and no way is it priced in if it passes either. once all of the shares are sold then they have to continue buying coins. there are enough shares to sell for a long time but at some point they have to look elsewhere.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 10:41:43 PM

I didn't expect to see the price finally demolish the all time high today, but I can happily say that it did. I just hope for some calmth as this increase is nice of course, but I aim at more sustainability.

My guess is that we will see the price increase to around $1250-$1300 where after that we'll more or less hover between $1100-$1200 for a couple of weeks to a month before we can move to the next target.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 10:47:40 PM

ETF news alone had a significant impact on exposure, there is a chance for the big guns to focus more on bitcoin ETF approved or not. time will tell.

🖤😏
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 10:53:17 PM

I didn't expect to see the price finally demolish the all time high today, but I can happily say that it did. I just hope for some calmth as this increase is nice of course, but I aim at more sustainability.

My guess is that we will see the price increase to around $1250-$1300 where after that we'll more or less hover between $1100-$1200 for a couple of weeks to a month before we can move to the next target.

Hopefully what you are saying is true. When we try to get carried away by the the prices of bitcoin, we tend to get panic and worried that it may fall anytime soon. However, if we just look at it as just a number, then we are all good and continue what we are doing and before we know it, we have amassed big amount of bitcoin in the future and the price may or may not as high as today.
Sundark

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 10:56:47 PM

Are you sure? The price is soaring like crazy right now. People seem to be hyped about Coin ETF and refuse to sell.
At this speed we could reach new ATH not within 6-7 months but  6-7 days or even less.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 10:57:17 PM

Hopefully what you are saying is true. When we try to get carried away by the the prices of bitcoin, we tend to get panic and worried that it may fall anytime soon. However, if we just look at it as just a number, then we are all good and continue what we are doing and before we know it, we have amassed big amount of bitcoin in the future and the price may or may not as high as today.

personally i don't really care what bitcoin does in the near future. if the market wants a rest it's earned it.

it managed this without china, without sorting out any scaling and with the etf thing up in the air. let's imagine what it could do if all the gripes were sorted out.
Gatorelf (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 08:59:29 PM

Where from here? and predictions for 2017 ?  How about the next dip?

I myself think dip at $1,300 but finish the year at $2,500 to $3,500

missed it by $4  Smiley
Babayega31

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 09:39:47 PM

We cannot be certain of our prediction with bitcoin and being higher of its price all the time is not possible, because it will varry due to some changes of the mind of the people who has their own decisions particularly with tradings. The right thing to do is always be updated with the currenct price status, and have your own analysis with the price movement until the present updates.

iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 10:20:42 PM

I think in coming month March we will see the price surely reaching the 1300$ mark and by the end of this year 2017 we will see that the price has already crossed $1500 and maybe even $2000 as most people believe that.
I agree with your opinion . bitcoin is currently predicted to be approaching 1300USD. and at the end of the year could reach bitcoin price range 2500USD. something that a reasonable increase in price of a bitcoin. everyone even expect bitcoin has a much higher value.
willmm

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 10:25:55 PM

With the law of economics and the ever-decreasing block reward theoretically bitcoin MUST increase in price or else it will fail as a currency. When miners are getting paid less and less BTC the value must go up or else there will be a decrease in miners. Also, when there is a small amount of BTC being created with increased adoption, the price per bitcoin must go up or else there simply will not be enough bitcoin to go around. Some day we will reach the point where either bitcoin fails as a currency, or that units such as uBTC or even satoshi must be used to pay, as some people will not be able to even acquire an amount such as 1 BTC. 

With 21 million bitcoin and 7 billion people in the world, that is 0.03 btc per person, and thus that amount must be worth enough to be worth at least the average income in the world which is 10,000$.

Of course not everyone will adopt but if bitcoin is to reach a reasonable goal, something like 1 or 2 billion people owning bitcoin would be ideal.
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2017, 11:05:41 PM

With the law of economics and the ever-decreasing block reward theoretically bitcoin MUST increase in price or else it will fail as a currency. When miners are getting paid less and less BTC the value must go up or else there will be a decrease in miners. Also, when there is a small amount of BTC being created with increased adoption, the price per bitcoin must go up or else there simply will not be enough bitcoin to go around. Some day we will reach the point where either bitcoin fails as a currency, or that units such as uBTC or even satoshi must be used to pay, as some people will not be able to even acquire an amount such as 1 BTC. 

With 21 million bitcoin and 7 billion people in the world, that is 0.03 btc per person, and thus that amount must be worth enough to be worth at least the average income in the world which is 10,000$.

Of course not everyone will adopt but if bitcoin is to reach a reasonable goal, something like 1 or 2 billion people owning bitcoin would be ideal.

Well said, I also believe that Bitcoin getting rarer each day because of the lost access to the address by its owner will definitely increase it price.  In addition of people adopting Bitcoin, more demand, getting lesser supply, the price value will be an uptrend if we plot this in graph.  We then can see Bitcoin beating its ATH from time to time until it become more stable due to the saturation of the market.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 03:20:57 AM

I agree with your opinion . bitcoin is currently predicted to be approaching 1300USD. and at the end of the year could reach bitcoin price range 2500USD. something that a reasonable increase in price of a bitcoin. everyone even expect bitcoin has a much higher value.

What you are saying about the reason for this price bump in this year, there is no halving or chirstmas bubble on these recent months so most of them don't know about it. I think we are huge adoption in rate wise, when we see the comparison from 2014 to present. We need to wait and watch to see the prefect price of bitcoin in coming December.
fearlesscat10

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 03:24:04 AM

Well said, I also believe that Bitcoin getting rarer each day because of the lost access to the address by its owner will definitely increase it price.  In addition of people adopting Bitcoin, more demand, getting lesser supply, the price value will be an uptrend if we plot this in graph.  We then can see Bitcoin beating its ATH from time to time until it become more stable due to the saturation of the market.

The sad part about the price increase is that some people are intimidated by the current price and are waiting for a decrease before buying in. But at this rate, it looks like we're not going down anytime soon. We're now back at $1250 and soon we'll be seeing $1300 again. Don't get me wrong, the price is great but we need a better opportunity to buy.

Then again, there's also a possibility that we'll see $2000 in the coming years and in hindsight, right now would be a good buying opportunity. We can never really know.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: