Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:37:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: nullc reddit account suspended 2/23/17 What's the story?  (Read 16126 times)
Bitcoinreminder.com

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 06:20:22 PM

Damn, this shi.. is really getting overhand... Anyone knows if we can do something against this permaban?
traincarswreck

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 06:31:52 PM

Damn, this shi.. is really getting overhand... Anyone knows if we can do something against this permaban?
The strategy gmax and r/bitcoin mods, general core supporters etc., plays into the hands of the ver brigade and gives them the advantage.  When gmax and the rest face the truth of this then we can update our strategy. When they refuse to face or admit this then there is no hope for such change.

Its the 2nd time they have done this and the reddit admins clearly have problems understanding the truth.

Now we have two of the staunchest defenders of truth removed from not only r/btc, but also /rbitcoin.
VC George

Activity: 325

Carpe noctem

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 06:39:41 PM

Guys we need to gear up and finish the next version of Bitcointalk. Reddit, slack or whatever are private companies which can be handled by governments really well. Don't try to change them, make Bitcointalk great again and any sucker will fall behind it Smiley
kromer

Activity: 86
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 07:06:20 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2017, 07:42:47 PM by kromer

Reddit is a giant trollbox and arguing with trolls is a waste of time. Core devs shouldn't have to deal with this. Forget Reddit even exists and focus on making progress.
e4xit

Activity: 302

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 09:51:37 PM

Guys we need to gear up and finish the next version of Bitcointalk. Reddit, slack or whatever are private companies which can be handled by governments really well. Don't try to change them, make Bitcointalk great again and any sucker will fall behind it Smiley

Yes! The publicly owned bitcointalk will give us the freedom of speech we need. /s

Cheesy

Not your keys, not your coins.
CoinJoin, always.
gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 8440

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2017, 10:52:26 PM

No intent to (unfairly/unduly  Cheesy) smear you, but I haven't seen definitive proof your first suspension was for Gavin's email and not harassing Frap.doc (or both).
Would you like me to post screenshots of the admin's comments?  (I'd prefer to to edit out their account name so no one harasses them; or only share it with you privately)

BTW, the post at https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/5g3weu/blockstreams_creator_changes_bitcoin_network/dap9jyr/ is gone, just like Every. Single. Post. linking Frap.doc's handle to his true name.
Had nothing to do with frapp, the post was harassing me by one of the zillion and one rbtc harassers. I think that one might have been go bitcoin but I'm not sure. In any case, frapp's name nor pseudonym were not mentioned there.
traincarswreck

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 12:07:50 AM

No intent to (unfairly/unduly  Cheesy) smear you, but I haven't seen definitive proof your first suspension was for Gavin's email and not harassing Frap.doc (or both).
Would you like me to post screenshots of the admin's comments?  (I'd prefer to to edit out their account name so no one harasses them; or only share it with you privately)

BTW, the post at https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/5g3weu/blockstreams_creator_changes_bitcoin_network/dap9jyr/ is gone, just like Every. Single. Post. linking Frap.doc's handle to his true name.
Had nothing to do with frapp, the post was harassing me by one of the zillion and one rbtc harassers. I think that one might have been go bitcoin but I'm not sure. In any case, frapp's name nor pseudonym were not mentioned there.
Do you recognize this as a protocol?

http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/Chaos-Complexity/dialogue.pdf
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 02:10:20 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2017, 02:49:22 AM by Raize

Has anyone dove into the likelihood that the "big financial services" that are the clients of companies reportedly gaming Reddit are behind most of the shill accounts making up /r/btc? They were using accounts that only had a few days/weeks of life till theymos started revealing it. I had a Reddit account years ago, but the admins deleted it after about four years of regular activity. I never got an explanation as to why, it honestly could have been for anything. I mostly provided links about governments and big banks and followed a regional subreddit and presidential candidate that I liked. I then watched a guy named "-moose-" post links similarly to how I did for a number of years in a wide range of threads till his account went mysteriously silent a little over a year ago.

If someone was aspiring to, I'd like to see something along the lines of what is discussed from this hackernews thread. A social media site where anyone can read, anyone can post, but you have to be invited first might be a good way to fix the gaming. Holding the users themselves accountable for the actions of those they invite makes sense without compromising on relative anonymity.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2017, 03:10:34 AM

I'll take your word about the admin comments.

It just seemed ambiguous as to whether your initial ban was exclusively for the singular Gavin email post or whether that was the last straw given the long history of Frap.doc controversies (he has his own filter, lawl) context.

I'm more OK with the nullc ban than I thought I'd be.  Let them stew in ignorant rage; Conde Naste doesn't deserve your free content.

The Grand Schism will be decided at the protocol and socioeconomic levels, not on the field of subreddit drama.

Now you have more time to out-develop the hell out of BU by making Core even more of a rapidly moving target.

Keep piling on great new features (esp. ones invaluable for miners) faster than BU can copy (and perhaps break) them.

Go Core go!   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
traincarswreck

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 03:21:41 AM

I'm more OK with the nullc ban than I thought I'd be.  Let them stew in ignorant rage; Conde Naste doesn't deserve your free content.
The problem with your sentiments is that nullc is the best judge of how to spend his time in the most valuable way, and he choose to spend time on reddit dispelling ignorance.  Also when such a high profile and well regarded dev gets treated like this it deters other talent (this effects the protocol negatively).

Its a serious issue imo.
TheKoolaider

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 04:08:19 AM

Akasha on the Ethereum network. Check it out.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2339

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 05:03:53 AM

Has anyone dove into the likelihood that the "big financial services" that are the clients of companies reportedly gaming Reddit are behind most of the shill accounts making up /r/btc?
It is possible that there is vote manipulation going on at r/btc, I might even describe it as probable based on what I have seen. I would point out that the apparent vote manipulation is fairly obvious, and not a very good job is being done to cover it up.

I would be quick to point out that the people behind the vote manipulation are not necessarily people who desire to have larger blocks. It would be very well possible that those behind this vote manipulation are trying to discredit those who support large blocks by being very transparent about the vote manipulation. The only thing I can conclusively say is that voting scores are not a reliable indicator on reddit -- this includes sorting comments by "best" instead of by "top".

u/nullc's judgment is clearly not that great as evidenced by how easily he was gamed. It is too bad that commit keys are revoked only for political reasons and not for "legitimate business"/"legitimate security" reasons....
traincarswreck

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 05:05:54 AM

It is possible that there is vote manipulation going on at r/btc, I might even describe it as probable based on what I have seen. I would point out that the apparent vote manipulation is fairly obvious, and not a very good job is being done to cover it up.

I would be quick to point out that the people behind the vote manipulation are not necessarily people who desire to have larger blocks. It would be very well possible that those behind this vote manipulation are trying to discredit those who support large blocks by being very transparent about the vote manipulation. The only thing I can conclusively say is that voting scores are not a reliable indicator on reddit -- this includes sorting comments by "best" instead of by "top".

u/nullc's judgment is clearly not that great as evidenced by how easily he was gamed. It is too bad that commit keys are revoked only for political reasons and not for "legitimate business"/"legitimate security" reasons....
We've seen evidence of voting manipulation and it was generally against small blockers (generally is a generous word here). 

As I understand this is another attempt to undermine (such a good word) the system: https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2017-February/013643.html

I might not read it well, but too me it says "consensus for change is difficult and we need to make it easier."
cypherblock

Activity: 43
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 06:46:06 AM

...because I posted a commit message

Hmm, I know this is your favorite topic, but can you please agree on the minor point that your original comment with gavin's email was not in the form of a commit message, even if it was only briefly in this original form before being edited?

The evidence is still here: https://ceddit.com/r/btc/comments/5g3weu/blockstreams_creator_changes_bitcoin_network/

Also since it was, for however brief a time, not in the form of a commit message, you may not want to rely on that so forcefully as somehow validating that the comment should be allowed. Sorry if I can't let that go.

To help convince you I'm acting in good faith here, look at this little discussion with BitcoinXio on the most recent suspension where I both confronted him on his lame accusations and revealed that he doesn't know that the report button on reddit comments can alert reddit admins directly. Which by the way might have been what happened. Might not have been rbtc mods, but I can't tell either way.
jhansen858

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 07:22:46 AM

you troublemaker you. Shocked Shocked

Hi forum: 1DDpiEt36VTJsiJunyBc3XtG6CcSAnsQ4p
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2339

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 07:29:09 AM

We've seen evidence of voting manipulation and it was generally against small blockers (generally is a generous word here). 

As I understand this is another attempt to undermine (such a good word) the system: https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2017-February/013643.html

I might not read it well, but too me it says "consensus for change is difficult and we need to make it easier."
Like I said, the voting manipulation is very transparent, so it is possible that blockstream is financing the vote rigging in order to discredit the message that the "big blockers" are trying to say. I am not saying this is the case, but rather it is one possibility.

I think the link you posted is an attempt to get SegWit activated without any kind of consensus 
traincarswreck

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 07:47:11 AM

Like I said, the voting manipulation is very transparent, so it is possible that blockstream is financing the vote rigging in order to discredit the message that the "big blockers" are trying to say. I am not saying this is the case, but rather it is one possibility.
I think you are a moron, and I am willing to continue dialogue to expose you as such.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2017, 07:57:56 AM

I'm more OK with the nullc ban than I thought I'd be.  Let them stew in ignorant rage; Conde Naste doesn't deserve your free content.

The problem with your sentiments is that nullc is the best judge of how to spend his time in the most valuable way, and he choose to spend time on reddit dispelling ignorance.  Also when such a high profile and well regarded dev gets treated like this it deters other talent (this effects the protocol negatively).

The problem with your sentiments is that I'm the best judge of how I wish react to an event such as nullc's banning.

If you think handing the rbtc jackals ammo and a scalp by being spear-phished and goaded into a trap is a desirable outcome, that's fine.

I'd prefer gmax remain there dispelling ignorance, which the source of my criticism of the specific *subset* of his actions which resulted in the suspension.

That's not trying to micromanage "his time" it's just pointing out that the (final) trollhunting incident was an egregiously unforced error.

You weren't there for this thread, so it's understandable why the final chapter of the saga is taking you by surprise.

We need you on Reddit fighting the good fight.  It's ridiculous you're handing the r/btc turds ammo.

always avoid posting any emails since the rules are nonsense, we can't afford gmax getting banned

avoid posting any emails

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
traincarswreck

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 08:03:36 AM

...because I posted a commit message

Hmm, I know this is your favorite topic, but can you please agree on the minor point that your original comment with gavin's email was not in the form of a commit message, even if it was only briefly in this original form before being edited?

The evidence is still here: https://ceddit.com/r/btc/comments/5g3weu/blockstreams_creator_changes_bitcoin_network/

Also since it was, for however brief a time, not in the form of a commit message, you may not want to rely on that so forcefully as somehow validating that the comment should be allowed. Sorry if I can't let that go.

To help convince you I'm acting in good faith here, look at this little discussion with BitcoinXio on the most recent suspension where I both confronted him on his lame accusations and revealed that he doesn't know that the report button on reddit comments can alert reddit admins directly. Which by the way might have been what happened. Might not have been rbtc mods, but I can't tell either way.
are you cypherdoc, cause if so, ill make a fool out of you too.
traincarswreck

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 08:03:58 AM

The problem with your sentiments is that I'm the best judge of how I wish react to an event such as nullc's banning.

If you think handing the rbtc jackals ammo and a scalp by being spear-phished and goaded into a trap is a desirable outcome, that's fine.

I'd prefer gmax remain there dispelling ignorance, which the source of my criticism of the specific *subset* of his actions which resulted in the suspension.

That's not trying to micromanage "his time" it's just pointing out that the (final) trollhunting incident was an egregiously unforced error.

You weren't there for this thread, so it's understandable why the final chapter of the saga is taking you by surprise.

We need you on Reddit fighting the good fight.  It's ridiculous you're handing the r/btc turds ammo.

always avoid posting any emails since the rules are nonsense, we can't afford gmax getting banned

avoid posting any emails
all the cool people are banned from r/btc and r/bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: