Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:03:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: nullc reddit account suspended 2/23/17 What's the story?  (Read 16120 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2017, 08:11:06 AM

all the cool people are banned from r/btc and r/bitcoin.

Wrong.  Actual edgelords never posted there in the first place.  We'd sooner sign up for Facebook.   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
traincarswreck

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 08:14:42 AM

all the cool people are banned from r/btc and r/bitcoin.

Wrong.  Actual edgelords never posted there in the first place.  We'd sooner sign up for Facebook.   Wink
alright alright, re-solution, none of the cool people post on r/btc or r/bitcoin
cypherblock

Activity: 43
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 12:36:04 PM

are you cypherdoc, cause if so, ill make a fool out of you too.

No. No relation. I was unaware when I created my accounts that there was an infamous "cypherdoc". I would have likely chosen a different name or at least capitalized differently if I had realized that.
Cøbra
Bitcoin.org domain administrator

Activity: 123
Merit: 469

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2017, 03:17:01 PM
Merited by Foxpup (1)

I'm pretty happy with this ban. Maxwell was the main person on there correcting all the bullshit, and with him gone, it'll only get worse (which I think is good). This debate needs to end, and the only way that will happen is when one side actually decides to pull the trigger and do something crazy, and I think Maxwell being banned makes it more likely that they'll start to believe their nonsense more intensely and go along with something dumb.

Probably when BU fails (just like XT & Classic), a new fork attempt will come along and just be a simple hard fork based on a certain block height (they'll market it as "the way Satoshi intended hard forks to be done!"). By that point, /r/btc will be so full of brainwashed and frustrated idiots that it'll be hard for anything to prevent them going down that road. I hope they lose all their coins.

You guys should stop visiting /r/btc, instead of wasting time correcting their nonsense, the best thing to do is just ignore them and let them get more and more extreme, until they destroy themselves.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 03:54:55 PM

I'm pretty happy with this ban. Maxwell was the main person on there correcting all the bullshit, and with him gone, it'll only get worse (which I think is good). This debate needs to end, and the only way that will happen is when one side actually decides to pull the trigger and do something crazy, and I think Maxwell being banned makes it more likely that they'll start to believe their nonsense more intensely and go along with something dumb.

Probably when BU fails (just like XT & Classic), a new fork attempt will come along and just be a simple hard fork based on a certain block height (they'll market it as "the way Satoshi intended hard forks to be done!"). By that point, /r/btc will be so full of brainwashed and frustrated idiots that it'll be hard for anything to prevent them going down that road. I hope they lose all their coins.

You guys should stop visiting /r/btc, instead of wasting time correcting their nonsense, the best thing to do is just ignore them and let them get more and more extreme, until they destroy themselves.

I'm all for BU but i'd be happy with a simple hardfork increasing the blocksize.  Anything is better than the current situation.

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 04:11:16 PM

I'm all for BU but i'd be happy with a simple hardfork increasing the blocksize.  Anything is better than the current situation.

Not really, fucking up in the process by rushing up things is worse than what we already have, and that is what BUcoin will do.

It's sad to see that nullc is still banned, I expected the situation to get corrected.

I don't care bout the /r/btc shithole but his posts were valuable in /r/bitcoin.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 04:30:02 PM

Not really, fucking up in the process by rushing up things is worse than what we already have, and that is what BUcoin will do.

It's sad to see that nullc is still banned, I expected the situation to get corrected.

I don't care bout the /r/btc shithole but his posts were valuable in /r/bitcoin.

so you prefer the one where censorship reigns over the other.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 04:34:40 PM

You want users to be less informed? Strange.

This sounds a lot like how fake news spreads...
traincarswreck

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 05:21:33 PM

If you can't understand basic economics, what makes you think your opinion on this issue matters or is valid?
traincarswreck

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 05:25:11 PM

I think you are trying to imply that r/bitcoin is full of censorship and r/btc is not.  If so you might as well stop posting here now cause I'm going to make a fool out of you.  This place is different than r/btc because I am not banned here.  I'll start with highlighting your misunderstanding of what free speech is.

Apologies if I have misunderstood you.
traincarswreck

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 05:26:55 PM

I get this but I think its relevant to point out that Gmax felt it was some of the best use of his time, and he's prob a good judge of that.  I think the debate needs to end as well but that the way to do it is to move into dialogue: http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/Chaos-Complexity/dialogue.pdf
Cøbra
Bitcoin.org domain administrator

Activity: 123
Merit: 469

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2017, 07:48:20 PM

You want users to be less informed? Strange.

This sounds a lot like how fake news spreads...

If a minority of idiots have to lose their coins to end this drama, then yes, I'm all for that. If anything this recent obsession with "fake news" has taught us, it's that you can't use facts and logic to make these people stop believing this stuff. For every 1 person you convince, another 2 will be drawn into /r/btc through bitcoin.com or something, and subscribe to the same repeated lies that have been debunked.

I get this but I think its relevant to point out that Gmax felt it was some of the best use of his time, and he's prob a good judge of that.  I think the debate needs to end as well but that the way to do it is to move into dialogue: http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/Chaos-Complexity/dialogue.pdf

Probably he felt it was a good use of his time because he thought he was preventing himself from getting smeared, and I imagine it must be hard for him to not respond when most of the abuse is aimed at him and his company. I don't blame him for what he was doing, but all it did was delay things and drag on the debate even further. Why don't we just let them have their insane echo chamber, and let them all fall off a cliff together? Why try to help them?
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 08:10:57 PM

I think you are trying to imply that r/bitcoin is full of censorship and r/btc is not.

that is what i have heard.

traincarswreck

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 08:22:38 PM

Probably he felt it was a good use of his time because he thought he was preventing himself from getting smeared, and I imagine it must be hard for him to not respond when most of the abuse is aimed at him and his company. I don't blame him for what he was doing, but all it did was delay things and drag on the debate even further. Why don't we just let them have their insane echo chamber, and let them all fall off a cliff together? Why try to help them?
I don't know so much of you, but I am starting with the assumption you are intelligent, and since I don't really agree with you on this, I am considering the possibility that you understand it in a way I don't, and that perhaps you are correct.

Gmax can speak for their self but to me it isn't about the smearing so much (or perhaps only partially is) but rather the opportunity to use the disinformative post as a chance to clear up the misinformation.

It's a good device to be able to address popular troll posts as a way to propagate good information to the sincere people that happen to be reading the drivel. In this we learn not only the truth, but how to address the disinformation and insincere complaints.  So Gmax is also giving out weapons to defenders of truth in this way.

It's sad but I think he brought a lot of value to the community through this. 

But it could be said the time for this is up.  I know I myself have been very critical of the journalists that write stories about hearn gavin and ver because they are perpetuating a false narrative that is not grounded in any (economic) science.  Torpey and Aaron W., to me, should know better but they always seem to have something about Ver in their pieces.  I suspect its possible that Ver has control over much of the bitcoin media content that gets printed and that these two know it and pander to him to get printed.

It might be the intelligent thing to let r/btc and it's supporters cannibalize themselves, and if so then I guess it should be a concerted effort to let them do so.

traincarswreck

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 08:23:12 PM

You should leave before I expose that you are commenting on subjects you know nothing about.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 08:26:53 PM

You should leave before I expose that you are commenting on subjects you know nothing about.

I know what I hear, my friend.

https://medium.com/@johnblocke/a-brief-and-incomplete-history-of-censorship-in-r-bitcoin-c85a290fe43#.3uiehexmi

traincarswreck

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 08:30:02 PM

You and that author don't know what free speech is.  Let me ask you, what have you read in regard to how the American constitution works? Do you know what our natural rights are and what their relationship is to the difference between censorship and free speech? Also what have you read in regard to economics?
nyanhtet

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bawga

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 08:36:20 PM

Censorship

Develop Custom Decentralized Blockchain Applications in JavaScript with LISK!         
  Website | Blog | Reddit | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
  Lisk Delegate - Communitypool: 80% reward sharing delegate
Transparency Report
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 08:41:38 PM

Let me ask you, what have you read in regard to how the American constitution works? Do you know what our natural rights are and what their relationship is to the difference between censorship and free speech? Also what have you read in regard to economics?

I understand more than most...although to be fair, the average person is incredibly uninformed, so it's not saying much  Cheesy

But why don't you stay on point.  Are you saying r/btc is also censored, or are you saying r/bitcoin is not?
Maybe I don't have the full story... go ahead, i'm listening.

traincarswreck

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 08:43:39 PM

Let me ask you, what have you read in regard to how the American constitution works? Do you know what our natural rights are and what their relationship is to the difference between censorship and free speech? Also what have you read in regard to economics?

I understand more than most...although to be fair, the average person is incredibly uninformed, so it's not saying much  Cheesy

But why don't you stay on point.  Are you saying r/btc is also censored, or are you saying r/bitcoin is not?
Maybe I don't have the full story... go ahead, i'm listening.

I asked you questions, I want you to show that you actually have read the associated literature.  I want you to make an attempt to show that you know what you are talking about, and that your only ability isn't just creating an account and posting on a forum.

What is your ACTUAL knowledge and experience with these subjects?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: