Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:41:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL 5 GH/s Miner Demo - Apr18  (Read 2413 times)
Kennji

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Mine Litecoins.

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 04:57:28 AM

^^^ WOW@!!!!!

LTC - LKcrBEAbuW85obSbHnmw7y8XWWufWqjsxx
BTC - 1JseeJ4h2XsShmaj1ci2J3kWA6qhCfj52U
btcsharp

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 12:34:25 PM

A beautiful plaything :-)
Raver32

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 12:46:27 PM

If only I had the money to invest in something like this . ..  Sad
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 12:52:48 PM

By the time you get this: july/august you will have a difficulty rate of 40-50million.
Assuming we have the value of bitcoin around 100$ and a diffculty of 50million while mining at 5 GH/s the revenue would be 150$ a month.
Add up power costs, and it makes it almost obsolete..

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
deadweasel

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 12:59:39 PM

By the time you get this: july/august you will have a difficulty rate of 40-50million.
Assuming we have the value of bitcoin around 100$ and a diffculty of 50million while mining at 5 GH/s the revenue would be 150$ a month.

+1

Stephan_st

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:02:39 PM

It looks like bitcoin mining will not be a cost-effective thing to do once enough ASIC manufacturers start shipping, even with a sizeable rig :-/
Schrankwand

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:37:55 PM

Alright how do you get to that rate? From what I heard, they have 75.000 chips for shipping. that makes 800mh/s per chip.
75.000 times means this is about 60gh/s.

Thats doubling the hash rate. How is that adding up to 40-50 Million? If difficulty is proportional to hash rate, it should be somewhere around 20 million at a doubling of hash rate --> still profitable.

ASIC companies will likely not flood the market with too many products, it would be sucky business. Instead, flooding the market "a little bit" to make the decrease in profitability over time is smarter.

Because then, the sale of MORE equipment is a better proposition. Let us consider you have to reinvest about 30-40% of your mining profits back into new equipment to maek the same. Every year. How does that sound for  a market?

Basically, as long as competition does not start cranking out millions of units, keeping the market growing slowly is more intelligent for every involved ASICs company. Make people FEEL the burn, feel the dwindling profits and then BOOM sell another, more powerful unit.

I mean look at people right now. Difficulty is going up, BFL is slowly shipping, people go nuts. LOOK AT THE EBAY PRICES. Damn, it is already working. So, offering a limited number of units with equal power to the difficulty increase a year --> guaranteed profit.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 02:31:53 PM

Alright how do you get to that rate? From what I heard, they have 75.000 chips for shipping. that makes 800mh/s per chip.
75.000 times means this is about 60gh/s.

Thats doubling the hash rate. How is that adding up to 40-50 Million? If difficulty is proportional to hash rate, it should be somewhere around 20 million at a doubling of hash rate --> still profitable.

ASIC companies will likely not flood the market with too many products, it would be sucky business. Instead, flooding the market "a little bit" to make the decrease in profitability over time is smarter.

Because then, the sale of MORE equipment is a better proposition. Let us consider you have to reinvest about 30-40% of your mining profits back into new equipment to maek the same. Every year. How does that sound for  a market?

Basically, as long as competition does not start cranking out millions of units, keeping the market growing slowly is more intelligent for every involved ASICs company. Make people FEEL the burn, feel the dwindling profits and then BOOM sell another, more powerful unit.

I mean look at people right now. Difficulty is going up, BFL is slowly shipping, people go nuts. LOOK AT THE EBAY PRICES. Damn, it is already working. So, offering a limited number of units with equal power to the difficulty increase a year --> guaranteed profit.

That difficulty of 40-50 million is from a blog analysis that has quite solid estimates.
I've read somewhere that someone had order #50 000+ that means more than 50k devices, yeah..
huge profits from ASIC is too good to be true.

When was earning money easy, anyways?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
hashkey

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 03:07:09 PM

It's beautiful Grin too bad it's overpriced and may be too late for the game to break even at least, not unless BTC value sky-rockets Cheesy

[WTS] 📞 Voice Call & 📩 SMS PV Services 📲 [non-US] ⏱️ Fast Service ✔️️✔️️✔️️ |
"Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you." ~ Puppet Master
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 03:10:54 PM

Huh?  $150/month is BAD for a product that only costs $274?  What kind of planet do you live on?  Huh
Hei_

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 03:18:10 PM

Huh?  $150/month is BAD for a product that only costs $274?  What kind of planet do you live on?  Huh

he wants over 9000$+ per month

greednes everywhere
giannis88

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 03:19:33 PM

I guess I should sell my gpu mining rig then=)
c0ikws

Activity: 79

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 03:22:11 PM

Tempted to order one yet this might still be a well orchestrated scam... I'll wait till people starts receiving them  Roll Eyes
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 03:38:45 PM

Why didn't you read the last part:"add up power costs".
So in the first month you would earn 100$, then with the increasing difficulty next month even less ect.
If you think getting $ back for your 274$ investment in 3-4+ months is good, go ahead.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 04:03:07 PM

So in the first month you would earn 100$, then with the increasing difficulty next month even less ect.
If you think getting $ back for your 274$ investment in 3-4+ months is good, go ahead.
Yeah, 36 watts... that'd be a whopping $2.07 in power costs.  That's why I didn't bother saying anything about power.

I think getting 100% back on ANY investment in 3-4 months is a FANTASTIC deal.  Heck, getting 100% back on any investment in 8-10 years is fairly standard in the investment world!

Like I said, what kind of planet do you live on?  Do you truly have better investments to put your money in?  If so, tell me where so I can sign up!
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 04:06:29 PM

Yeah, 36 watts... that'd be a whopping $2.07 in power costs.  That's why I didn't bother saying anything about power.

I think getting 100% back on ANY investment in 3-4 months is a FANTASTIC deal.  Heck, getting 100% back on any investment in 8-10 years is fairly standard in the investment world!

Like I said, what kind of planet do you live on?  Do you truly have better investments to put your money in?  If so, tell me where so I can sign up!
Well, my bad there, I didn't know the exact power it will be using.
Anyways getting back 300$ in 3-4 months and not earning anything is a good investment? lol then Smiley
Just saying if they had released it when they should have, things would be much different and a lot of money would have been made from it already.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Rishodi

Activity: 77

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 04:14:07 PM

Just watched this!!!  SO excited!!!!
Read other posts.
By the time you get one of these, it will barely make a profit.
That's why I didn't order mine Sad

That's assuming prices stay the same, unlikely, they will go up as difficulty goes up.

Prices could also go down depending on a multitude of factors. The value of a bitcoin is not linked to the difficulty of generating one, except indirectly: they're both driven by popular interest. The increases in difficulty everyone is expecting to see over the coming months is going to be driven primarily by the release of ASICs, not by an increase in popularity, and so there's no compelling reason to think that prices will go up proportionally.

Bitrated user: Rishodi.
Cheshyr

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 04:23:25 PM

This looks like the make or break point for Bitcoin miners, really...  show me a $300 5Ghz GPU miner, and we can talk.  It will be a slow change, but I believe it'll force GPU mining into AltCoins.

Honestly, I'm glad this product is consumer-grade.  Imagine if Butterfly Labs was a private corp set on mining their profits back?  That would have put GPU mining out of business, with no recourse.

Can't wait for the to start shipping.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 04:24:35 PM

Just watched this!!!  SO excited!!!!
Read other posts.
By the time you get one of these, it will barely make a profit.
That's why I didn't order mine Sad

That's assuming prices stay the same, unlikely, they will go up as difficulty goes up.

Prices could also go down depending on a multitude of factors. The value of a bitcoin is not linked to the difficulty of generating one, except indirectly: they're both driven by popular interest. The increases in difficulty everyone is expecting to see over the coming months is going to be driven primarily by the release of ASICs, not by an increase in popularity, and so there's no compelling reason to think that prices will go up proportionally.
Exactly my point. Image a difficulty of 50million and a value of 50 USD. a 5 GH/s miner would be useless.
My point is, the more you invest, higher chances of getting it back, and it's gonna be faster.
50 GH/s model seems nice Wink

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
add1ct3dd

Activity: 657
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 04:25:00 PM

And there goes any profit on mining BTC.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: