Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 12:53:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just got my first bitcoin, What is the next step? (noob question)  (Read 1264 times)
xskl0

Activity: 378
Merit: 260

Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 10:01:03 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2017, 11:16:00 AM by xskl0

So a guy gave me some bitcoin thru a website called paxful.com i have the bitcoin money on there know i have no idea what to do. i have read stuff about bitcoin wallets, should i get a wallet or is the website paxful.com a wallet?
A very good wallet is Blockchain.info
It is better to have exclusive control over our coins so a web wallet should not be an option especially since he is a newbie in the world of bitcoin and will probably choose a weak password to protect his coins.

With Blockchain.info you have the total control of your coins, the information is encripted in your browser and blockchain.info's owners have no access to your funds. Then they give you the mnemonic words to restore your wallet (if you want or in case that blockchain.info cease to exist not in their web). But you're right in that other wallets are more secure if he is a newbie.

BUY / SELL bitcoins  --->  https://bit2me.com/?r=ryOV8xZNb
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 10:07:06 AM

So a guy gave me some bitcoin thru a website called paxful.com i have the bitcoin money on there know i have no idea what to do. i have read stuff about bitcoin wallets, should i get a wallet or is the website paxful.com a wallet?
Download software wallet (safest, coz online wallets can dissapear in any minute) and send bitcoins to your new wallet.
Try to use it, get familiar with it, best way to learn is to use it Smiley
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 06:12:29 PM

Can you please tell me briedfly what hard ware wallet is ? Is that really a hardware to keep BTCs in ?

Yes, it's hardware developed specially to keep safe your private keys. Regular wallets can be compromised if installed on device with keylogger etc. But not HW ...  all the private keys are stored inside ( it never show or send them anywhere  ... it only publish a signed transactions  -  just another level of security )

Goggle for ledger nano, keepkey or trezor for more info

metokr

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 08:14:30 PM

Can you please tell me briedfly what hard ware wallet is ? Is that really a hardware to keep BTCs in ?

Yes, it's hardware developed specially to keep safe your private keys. Regular wallets can be compromised if installed on device with keylogger etc. But not HW ...  all the private keys are stored inside ( it never show or send them anywhere  ... it only publish a signed transactions  -  just another level of security )

Which brand of hardware wallet do you recommend ?
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 08:41:08 PM

Which brand of hardware wallet do you recommend ?

I'm satisfied with the ledger nano s. It's compact and works well with electrum and mycelium wallet ( I use both ). Also the price is convenient comparing to others.
So yeah, ledger is my recommendation ( but I have no experience with others)

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: