Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:48:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Job Announcment] New ASIC Company Big Time Coin needs engineers  (Read 1522 times)
Big Time Coin (OP)

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 04:52:56 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2013, 05:26:14 PM by Big Time Coin

Electrical Engineer ASIC / FPGA / PCB
Big Time Coin – Roswell, NM 88201
Big Time Coin (BTC) is a Bitcoin mining device production company in the startup phase looking to build the right team.

This is a huge opportunity that will only come once in a lifetime. Willing to pay salary commensurate with experience and competitive with other employers. Getting paid a salary at a startup is a rare thing but bitcoin is doing so incredibly well right now that BTC can afford to do this, send in your applications to take a shot at greatness.

Bitcoin mining is currently a $100 to $150 million per year market with only two up to date manufacturers, both of whom operate in China. BTC is out to change that, see the announcement post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=180093.0

Currently the company has an order of ASIC chips meeting this design:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Avalon#Chip_Specification

We will also be ordering PCB and FPGA boards from an open source reference design. Then we have to design cases and get all the orders arriving and assembled quickly. It won't be easy.

I need a few good people to build this company with me. Please explain in your cover letter how your skills will enable you to create the devices described in the announcement thread on the schedule indicated, your willingness to relocate to Roswell, NM immediately, and your salary requirements.

P.S. there is no board specifically dedicated to employment offers and job announcements.  As the bitcoin economy grows this should change.

Big time, I'm on my way I'm making it, big time, oh yes
- Peter Gabriel
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Signus

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 06:12:35 AM

Don't I recall you promising production by mid summer to August? So after being called out you finally decide to ask for an Engineer?

If difficulty rises and profits bottom for most devices, how do you plan to pay your team even if you do manage to get an ASIC out into the world? Production costs will be quite a bit more than you will make, since ASIC's provide low cost for high output.
Big Time Coin (OP)

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:35:24 PM

What in the world are you talking about when you say "being called out"?
I posted that I'm hiring engineers WITH the announcement.

I plan to pay my team out of the cash I have sitting around waiting for that purpose.  I have sufficient working capital to pay salaries or I wouldn't have offered to pay salaries.  I am disappointed that no one from the forums has sent me a job application so far except one person from the newbie zone who saw my job posting on other websites where it is advertised.

Big time, I'm on my way I'm making it, big time, oh yes
- Peter Gabriel
Signus

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:49:28 AM

I had mentioned in your previous posting that you had no Engineer (of course after which you updated the posting to look for one and then posted this thread).

This being after everybody was calling you a scam and so you decided to show proof that you were legitimate by showing pictures of a building that was intended to be your new office/warehouse. My point is that you promised production soon with the order of Avalon chips, without a single Engineer even on staff. How do you expect to be able to meet your own deadlines?

I'm not trying to be too pessimistic, I think startups are great. I just think that if your'e going to start taking pre-orders, you'd better have a design or at LEAST an Engineer working on a design rather than idea. This is why so many people in the world of crypto are always claiming scams.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: