Bitcoin Forum
August 18, 2024, 12:27:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Loan request , 1.3 BTC  (Read 949 times)
Cord (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 03:34:53 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2017, 03:54:48 PM by Cord

Collateral MY nearly brand new 2016 Razer Blade Laptop, 512GB qHD+
Bought for 2,399$

Loan term will be 20 days.
Only doing with legitimate people , may or may not use a MM depending how trusted you are
(I will pay shipping both ways, to you and back. Returned BTC ammount will be 1.38-1.42)

Yeah I know I'm a new member, but I'm pretty well known on other foruming sites.
If you're looking to scam, don't waste your time here because I'm only dealing with legit and known members

Lone Shark

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 03:53:58 PM

A few things,

1. Will you be willing to ship that laptop elsewhere?
2. Will you be willing to wait till it arrives to the lender, before they release the bitcoins?
3. Why not just pawn that thing?

Also, reputation from other forums is worth shit here. So you can forget about your reputation elsewhere.
Cord (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 03:59:50 PM

1 I'll ship it directly to your address requested
2. It will most likely be next day air, so we will 100% wait untill you confirm it's delivered or UPS site
3. I don't want to sell it, That's the whole reason I'm requesting a loan instead. Also need it in BTC

Lone Shark

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 04:06:02 PM

2. It will most likely be next day air, so we will 100% wait untill you confirm it's delivered or UPS site
3. I don't want to sell it, That's the whole reason I'm requesting a loan instead. Also need it in BTC

Most likely you'll have a problem to ship it, especially most people are not within your neighborhood. If you can ship it to the Philippines, I'll lend you 1btc for it.

Pawning is not the same as selling. Pawning means giving it as collateral for a loan. Same as what you are doing here. You can always just go to your local pawnshop to pawn your gadgets. That's quite easier than this.
Cord (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 04:08:45 PM

Most likely you'll have a problem to ship it, especially most people are not within your neighborhood. If you can ship it to the Philippines, I'll lend you 1btc for it.

Pawning is not the same as selling. Pawning means giving it as collateral for a loan. Same as what you are doing here. You can always just go to your local pawnshop to pawn your gadgets. That's quite easier than this.

I get that, I'm willing to ship it to anyone in the Us. I'm not 100% sure about overseas.
Also I understand what pawning is, but I don't want to get ripped off completely and it will just cost me even more to convert what they give me into BTC. Never pawned an item either and don't have the slighest clue on how long the process is, or what the requirements are

Lone Shark

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 04:27:00 PM

I get that, I'm willing to ship it to anyone in the Us. I'm not 100% sure about overseas.
Also I understand what pawning is, but I don't want to get ripped off completely and it will just cost me even more to convert what they give me into BTC. Never pawned an item either and don't have the slighest clue on how long the process is, or what the requirements are

That's that problem with having physical items as collateral. Well, good luck finding a lender though.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 04:30:37 PM

Bought for 2,399$

Only doing with legitimate people , may or may not use a MM depending how trusted you are
(I will pay shipping both ways, to you and back. Returned BTC ammount will be 1.38-1.42)

Yeah I know I'm a new member, but I'm pretty well known on other foruming sites.
If you're looking to scam, don't waste your time here because I'm only dealing with legit and known members

Do you know that your laptop can be appraised at a much higher value than asking for a loan here in this forum? Going through all the troubles of sending the collateral to the lender and waiting for the payment and sending the payment again to the lender and waiting for your collateral to go back to your hands is troublesome compared to going to your neighborhood pawnshop.
Cord (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 04:36:39 PM

Bought for 2,399$

Do you know that your laptop can be appraised at a much higher value than asking for a loan here in this forum? Going through all the troubles of sending the collateral to the lender and waiting for the payment and sending the payment again to the lender and waiting for your collateral to go back to your hands is troublesome compared to going to your neighborhood pawnshop.

Again I'm asking for a loan here because :
-I need the money in BTC not cash
-I don't have any clue as to how pawnshops work
-I need atleast 1,300$ worth in BTC
Honestly dont know how much a pawn shop would give for a pawn of it

condoras
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1104

This is what I do. I drink and I know things.

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 04:55:28 PM

Bought for 2,399$

Ok, let's take it again from the start.
-This is a problem with the most (not all) pawnshops all over the globe. No BTC method available.
-You give the item that you want to pwan and they offer you an amount for it.
-You will not get 1300$ for it in any pawnshop. But you never know...

I think that 1 solution is to use an Escrow that is near to you or at least in US.
You can send him your item, he will confirm condition etc and then the Lender will send you the funds.

Physical Collaterals have always "problem" because you need to ship them first, in order to receive any BTC...

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Cord (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 05:02:08 PM

Bought for 2,399$

-This is a problem with the most (not all) pawnshops all over the globe. No BTC method available.

I think that 1 solution is to use an Escrow that is near to you or at least in US.
You can send him your item, he will confirm condition etc and then the Lender will send you the funds.

Physical Collaterals have always "problem" because you need to ship them first, in order to receive any BTC...

I do not mind the shipping cost aslong as it's in US. Overseas is quite expensive, especially from here and back.
I am 100% fine with the Escrow holding the persons bitcoin untill UPS shows item delivered to the requested adress.
The person can confirm, but if they claim it's "not shipped" where UPS tracking from official site says otherwise, then that's the only time we'll run into issues . Which is why I'm avoiding dealing with anyone sketchy, even though middleman will be used

EDIT: Re read your post,
Yeah I'm definitely down to send it to the escrow instead who won't lie about it being delivered + it's condition

ThatRandom8543

Activity: 1344
Merit: 307

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 05:49:44 PM

Bought for 2,399$

I do not mind the shipping cost aslong as it's in US. Overseas is quite expensive, especially from here and back.
I am 100% fine with the Escrow holding the persons bitcoin untill UPS shows item delivered to the requested adress.
The person can confirm, but if they claim it's "not shipped" where UPS tracking from official site says otherwise, then that's the only time we'll run into issues . Which is why I'm avoiding dealing with anyone sketchy, even though middleman will be used

EDIT: Re read your post,
Yeah I'm definitely down to send it to the escrow instead who won't lie about it being delivered + it's condition

While I dont know if anyone would agree to do this here, I do see more concern for the lender. In the event of default, the lender would have the right to sell the collateral but if the lender inspects the laptop and see damages, or see it doesnt work like it should, he/she would be at a loss. If anyone here plans on taking this user offer, I would suggest that this user post in this thread a picture of his along with his username, and timestamp in working order. Have numerous of pictures taken of the laptop before it is sent to the lender (or escrow - which must be a trusted user here), and have pictures taken of the condition that it was received in, noting everything from any scratches, dents, etc. Its also probably would be best to boot the laptop, or use a liveusb to confirm the functionality of the laptop because if it doesnt function like it should, the lender would be at a loss as well and probably would have a hard time selling it at a good price in the event of default.

To the borrower, if you do get someone to agree to what is in the OP, make sure you weigh your laptop, take pictures, including condition of it (and functionality), before shipping with ups or fedex. UPS and/or FedEx may change the weight on their shipping so pay close attention to that. Also make sure you have whoever you send it to sign for it and then wait for their confirmation of the condition.

Good luck to you!
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 07:56:08 PM

OP,it's not safe for you to send your laptop overseas.You will end up delivering goods and never get them back.As suggested by everyone,use a local dealer,take cash from him and you can buy bitcoins with that cash using LBC or other 200 ways through online exchanges.I hope your  Razer Blade isn't a China Copy since you desperately wanna get rid off it.
Cord (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 08:21:17 PM

OP,it's not safe for you to send your laptop overseas.You will end up delivering goods and never get them back.As suggested by everyone,use a local dealer,take cash from him and you can buy bitcoins with that cash using LBC or other 200 ways through online exchanges.I hope your  Razer Blade isn't a China Copy since you desperately wanna get rid off it.

I have no interest in selling or "getting rid" of it, as it's my secondary computer I use daily.
And no it's not a "china copy" I have receipts from razer store website and you can confirm with them.
I'm most likely only dealing with people in the US like I said, only exception if you're EXTREMELY known

bias

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 08:40:30 PM

Imho the best option is to find a local store/pawn shop.
even if they give you a the half of the price of your laptop...

Another option is to wait, until you find a US based member here wanting to take your laptop as collateral.
idk though how long you wait...
Gl anyway man.
Ðire

Activity: 71

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 09:19:28 PM

Please read before posting.

bias

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 10:52:28 PM

Please read before posting.

I read it man but still this is the best option for op atm.
Besides if you dont ask and search, how you expect for something to happen?
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 11:29:44 PM

You could also go to the reputable lending threads here and ask the lenders directly/link your thread. You'd at least get a definite answer instead of waiting here and who knows, one of them may even accept.

Or, why not be even more proactive and first find an escrow that's US-based and everyone trusts, who will accept and handle this 'deal', and you can then include that bit with your loan request.  It'll be safer for the lender and for you.

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 03:04:03 AM

Also I understand what pawning is, ...

How pawn shops work (thanks to Google): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rao1gYg3080

Here's my favorite: (paraphrased) I live in the US. I'll only ship to the US. Please loan me 1,300$. Seriously? Here's 10$ - $$$$$$$$$$. Now, you only need 1,290$ more.
Cord (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 04:05:34 AM

You could also go to the reputable lending threads here and ask the lenders directly/link your thread. You'd at least get a definite answer instead of waiting here and who knows, one of them may even accept.

Or, why not be even more proactive and first find an escrow that's US-based and everyone trusts, who will accept and handle this 'deal', and you can then include that bit with your loan request.  It'll be safer for the lender and for you.

After researching some, I'll definitely find a more trusted Escrow here that's US-based and send them the item, Have them evaluate the condition and verify everything.
That seems a lot easier then taking the risk of whoever I send it to, claiming it not being shipped there yet or it's badly damaged.

neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2017, 04:56:05 AM

--
After researching some, I'll definitely find a more trusted Escrow here that's US-based and send them the item, Have them evaluate the condition and verify everything.
That seems a lot easier then taking the risk of whoever I send it to, claiming it not being shipped there yet or it's badly damaged.
Okay then. But, I should remind you that doing all that, does not necessarily guarantee you'll get a loan.

Even with the collateral and escrow all set up, it'll still be up to the lenders whether they'll take such a big loan. The bigger the loan, the higher the risk.

Plus, if you ever decide to default, selling a pre-owned laptop is definitely not easy nor fast.
Understand this:
What is considered collateral?

Collateral is something that can easily be resold to cover the loan value plus interest should the loaner default on the loan.
--
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577765.msg6311902#msg6311902

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████