Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:43:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which scalable solution is better?  (Read 3192 times)
Rude Boy

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 03:56:22 PM

Chinese minors are fear about segwit. Because, they accept and proceed the segwit transactions that time, if it go offline they fear about their coins are loss. So, they avoid the risk mining segwit and transactions. Another problem they're have is lighting network so, they don't have control on bitcoins.They believe if mining rate is high the fees will be very low. So,they avoid segwit.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 07:00:58 PM

Something to think about -

The way BitCoin was designed, miners are very important part of the security. The more miners we have, the higher the hash rate. The higher the hash rate, the more expensive (and thus difficult) it is for a nefarious interest to pull off a 51% attack.

With off the chain transactions, miners lose their incentive to mine. It costs them real money to mine.

As they lose their incentive to mine, the relative hash rate decreases. Miners leave mining rather than update to modern technology because the profit is no longer there.

With a lower hash rate, the ability for a nefarious interest to pull off a 51% attack becomes less and less expensive and the security of the Bitcoin network is reduced.

Miners are very important.

Agree. That is why I think that Lightning Network's off-chain transactions will pose a higher security risk for Bitcoin as miners will lose the incentive they use to earn by finding blocks. However, I think that now, miners are earning more Bitcoin because of the increasing transaction fees.

The way I see it, miners would find the most profitable way for them to find blocks, thus making most of them to accept Bitcoin Unlimited soon, since the same doesn't have a fixed block size limit, allowing miners to set their own preferred size and earn more Bitcoin out of it.

Still, Bitcoin's future is uncertain and while it is the most secure cryptocurrency in the world right now, it could be subject to change if a bad decision is made within the consensus of miners and development team as well.

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward for Bitcoin to put an end of its slow transaction confirmations finally, and become great again to serve its purpose for everyday transactions. Just my thoughts.  Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: