Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 09:14:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto-currency with builtin inflation corellated with hoarding ratio.  (Read 515 times)
DoubleXor (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 05:46:24 AM

[Sorry for my English]

As I understand - the main problem for BitCoin (on which point most investors whomever I've talked to)  is so-called Hoarding Ratio.
The builtin fixed supply of virtual crypto-currency at the first look seems great, but at the second close economical look
poses some critical problem. Success of the crypto-currency is defined by backing it with services and goods,
but it obviously yields the growth of the demand in crypto-currency treating it not as currency but as a target of investing,
and therefore diminishes the circulation up to the full stagnation. So BitCoin is prefect digital gold, but not a currency.

I'm trying to find the regulation principle that will emit new cryptocurrency through the economical feedback loop.

Imagine that we'll create another crypto-currency with builtin inflation corellated with hoarding ratio.
The main question is how we can estimate the true hoarding ratio. Because now nobody fakes the hoarding ratio
because of no effect of it on bitconomics. But if we'll introduce emission dependency - big hoarders will start faking circulation.

Any ideas how to measure True Hoarding Ratio in situation when everybody tries to hide it?

CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 05:57:58 AM

Please note that it is Bitcoin (not BitCoin) - as for hoarding preventing usage please explain why the number of business accepting Bitcoin has increased even more rapidly since the block halving occurred (surely it should have got less).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
jimmydorry

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 06:06:27 AM

No thanks. BitCoin is good to go as is. Go fork it if you really feel strongly enough.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4681

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 07:57:01 AM

Have you read this yet?

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Deflationary_spiral
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: