Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 12:41:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Browsing logged in is much slower than logged out or with a new account  (Read 322 times)
bathrobehero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 08:44:17 PM

I noticed that when I'm logged out the site is much faster at loading pages and I can't figure out why. That way it's near instant while logged in adds an extra 1-3 seconds per pageload.

Clearing cookies didn't help.

I tried with a new account with same settings and that was fast as well so that pretty much excludes my end.

The only difference I can see is that this account is subscribed to 24 pages of threads but that shouldn't affect pageloads, and certainly not this much, right?

I have no idea why it is the case but it's very clearly there; I did a few test with a stopwatch measuring the time it takes to load 10 pages of the same thread one after the other and the difference is always at least double.

Not your keys, not your coins!
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 08:30:28 AM

I'm not entirely sure but I guess It's a normal thing because while being logged in, there are some checking that you really need to do and that could require a database connection which will make the loading a little bit slower.
An example to give  is the trust profile, If you are logged out then you don't really see it on the trust of users, while checking a section too, you have to check If you have already seen the threads or not, If you didn't they are in bold otherwise they are normal and that check is not done while being logged out.
bathrobehero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 03:23:02 PM

I'm not entirely sure but I guess It's a normal thing because while being logged in, there are some checking that you really need to do and that could require a database connection which will make the loading a little bit slower.
An example to give  is the trust profile, If you are logged out then you don't really see it on the trust of users, while checking a section too, you have to check If you have already seen the threads or not, If you didn't they are in bold otherwise they are normal and that check is not done while being logged out.

Yes, but I tried logged in with a new account which was fast. Which means the trust profile, subscribed threads or read/unread tracking could be the issue.

Not your keys, not your coins!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: