Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:26:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 100,000 Bitcointalk Users  (Read 2690 times)
phelix (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 07:25:54 AM

And the winner is: MrBudgens https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=100000

Congratulations!

edit: Somebody let him out of jail already!
Bowjob

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 07:47:46 AM

You know what would be a great thing? 1 Billion users Smiley

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5236
Merit: 13089

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:43:03 AM

He's already off to a good start. A lot of users never post.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:05:01 AM

You know what would be a great thing? 1 Billion users Smiley
Great thing until the server crashes!  Cheesy
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:06:14 AM

Could he be the chosen member?!

tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:58:10 PM

Could he be the chosen member?!

To bring balance to bitcointalk.org?
MrBudgens

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 12:41:05 AM

Well gosh I'm honoured.  A little late to the party maybe, but honoured nonetheless.
Agent Provocateur

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 12:48:13 AM

Well gosh I'm honoured.  A little late to the party maybe, but honoured nonetheless.
well, could you please

Thanks.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:40:14 AM

100,000 Bitcointalk Users!

Atlas represents about 20 of those, Matt maybe 10 and Rarity at least a few. I wonder how many are really sock-puppet accounts?

uk1
Copper Member

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 03:45:01 AM

Congratulations all

nebulus

Activity: 490

... it only gets better...

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:23:31 AM

Damn, that's a LOT.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:24:58 AM

Atlas represents about 20 of those, Matt maybe 10

I don't have sockpuppet accounts, so you can go ahead and make Atlas's 30. I'm pretty sure half of the users here are scammers or trolls biding their time.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:29:22 AM

Matt maybe 10

I've never created a sockpuppet account, so you can go ahead and make Atlas's 30.

Oh come on dude. As many times as you've been banned and especially during the whole Goat website fiasco. Everyone is tempted to do it during a ban. No one would hold it against you.

Whatever you say Yolocoin. LOL

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:30:43 AM

Matt maybe 10

I've never created a sockpuppet account, so you can go ahead and make Atlas's 30.

Oh come on dude. As many times as you've been banned and especially during the whole Goat website fiasco. Everyone is tempted to do it during a ban. No one would hold it against you.

Nope. Ask Theymos. The only accounts I've ever logged into are mine and DialCoin's (which isn't use anymore because DialCoin is out of business). During bans I usually just get back to work.

(I'm surprised as many posts of mine you've read you didn't know how adamantly against anonymity, sockpuppets and enabling them I am)

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:44:54 AM

Matt maybe 10

Nope. Ask Theymos. The only accounts I've ever logged into are mine and DialCoin's (which isn't use anymore because DialCoin is out of business). During bans I usually just get back to work.

(I'm surprised as many posts of mine you've read you didn't know how adamantly against anonymity, sockpuppets and enabling them I am)

Yeah, I know you say that but so would I if I were going to create a few. If you really haven't then I applaud you but as you say I have read one or two of your posts and can see similarities. I guess I could be wrong though. I was absolutely positive you were Yolocoin. 

BTW: If you want to make an account from a different IP just try a laptop, Starbucks, and a web enabled cell. You can even respond at the same time and come from different IP's. Theymos would have to be a pretty good detective to sniff that out. I would never do it though. Too much trouble and I don't care that much.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:41:44 AM

I was absolutely positive you were Yolocoin.
Probably an SA goon.

Moot of 4chan gave a good argument for anonymity, saying that you're able to learn lessons without being villianized and that everyone should be allowed to ask questions without worrying about the consequences. I agree with this, but this community seems to think that applies to business and transactions as well. Making mistakes under my real name is absolutely fine with me because it gives people a point of reference for how well I've come along in my life later on. Since I'm not a scammer, the only thing I have to "worry" about really are trolls who take what I say and try to twist it against me later. This form of criticism, of course, also helps me to learn how to speak more precisely, so I take it as a good thing.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:53:05 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2013, 06:08:15 AM by QuestionAuthority

I was absolutely positive you were Yolocoin.
Probably an SA goon.

Moot of 4chan gave a good argument for anonymity, saying that you're able to learn lessons without being villianized and that everyone should be allowed to ask questions without worrying about the consequences. I agree with this, but this community seems to think that applies to business and transactions as well. Making mistakes under my real name is absolutely fine with me because it gives people a point of reference for how well I've come along in my life later on. Since I'm not a scammer, the only thing I have to "worry" about really are trolls who take what I say and try to twist it against me later. This form of criticism, of course, also helps me to learn how to speak more precisely, so I take it as a good thing.

You used to be a lot more fun.  :>(  You had the ability to make me laugh so loud within three posts that my wife would run into the room to ask what's going on. :>)

Edit: These are the posts I used to love. LOL   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=62175.msg731926#msg731926  Classic

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 06:29:43 AM

Whether or not I'm funny is subjective and highly debatable, what is for certain is that humor is wasted on this community. Once you realize that, distinguishing between being a shithead for laughs and being a shithead for lack of anything better to do becomes increasingly difficult.

For the record, I've always had something better to do. When I'm not posting something funny, it's because I'm busy doing it.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:00:13 AM

Whether or not I'm funny is subjective and highly debatable, what is for certain is that humor is wasted on this community. Once you realize that, distinguishing between being a shithead for laughs and being a shithead for lack of anything better to do becomes increasingly difficult.

For the record, I've always had something better to do. When I'm not posting something funny, it's because I'm busy doing it.

Oh, your funny when you want to be, no doubt.  It's too bad that humor is wasted here now but your right I see it too. I don't expect this collection of computer geeks to be a running episode of Big Bang Theory but they could learn to pull the stick out once in a while. Everyone seems too serious now and I'm not the only one that sees it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85433.msg1989050#msg1989050

It's good that you're more focused now and working hard. Good luck to you. Your still young and need to be to get ahead. I, on the other hand, can be a complete butthead because I'm old and have gone as far in the business world as I'm ever likely to go.  Wink

philipmicklon

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:21:28 AM

315,831 bitcointalk users now Smiley

Somewhere I saw a chart showing the BitcoinTalk growth over time, anyone know where that chart is?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: