Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 06:26:38 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thinking of starting up my own bitcoin exchange  (Read 788 times)
BitcoinsUK (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:36:27 AM

Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on how to help me start up my own exchange. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
BitcoinsUK (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:58:33 AM

Bump
BitcoinsUK (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:52:52 AM

Thanks for the replies.

I was thinking just to start off with, I could do the buying and selling of bitcoins manually. I take it there is no off the shelf type software that could help in anyway?

Also How do you mean other are at risk?

Thanks
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:56:20 AM

Quite the undertaking.  But go for it!!  Lord knows the network could use some more exchange competition.  Keep gox on they're toes for pete's sake!!!

-nwfella

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
jingos

Activity: 23

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:58:39 AM

Max Keiser mentioned recently that Mt.Gox is crud because it just matches up buy and sell orders in the order they are added to the queue and that adding a "market maker" would solve the insane price fluctuations.
barneyss

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 12:00:27 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2013, 12:17:11 PM by barneyss

did you get cash enought for payments?
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 12:02:32 PM

Max Keiser mentioned recently that Mt.Gox is crud because it just matches up buy and sell orders in the order they are added to the queue and that adding a "market maker" would solve the insane price fluctuations.

This recent activity certainly brought several of gox's inadequacies to light for many...including a friend of mine that purchased quite a bit right near the beginning of rapid decline (~240)...bottom line it's dangerous to have any single exchange ultimately have that much influence over the network as a whole.  Node distribution concept applied in all aspects of BTC seems to be a good idea in general...from Exchanges to mining, to actual dev. work

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
btcsharp

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 12:16:46 PM

Has anyone done any comparation on the laws of various nations? Where should one open an exchange? And what about banks? You need to be able to accept SEPA transfers, so you need an european bank, plus you need an american bank for american wire transfers...
deadweasel

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 12:19:54 PM

Has anyone done any comparation on the laws of various nations? Where should one open an exchange? And what about banks? You need to be able to accept SEPA transfers, so you need an european bank, plus you need an american bank for american wire transfers...

I nominate you!  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: