Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:49:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jerusalem Post: Bitcoin is for terrorism  (Read 4266 times)
mobile4ever

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 03:54:06 AM

Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 04:17:30 AM

Jews (mostly secular) came in and bought up land legally in a place where no country existed,

The founder of the IDF and one of the patron saints of the State of Israel might have disagreed with this not-uncommon misperception of history. Early settlers were quite aware that they were taking a land away from a people:

Any native people – its all the same whether they are civilized or savage – views their country as their national home, of which they will always be the complete masters. They will not voluntarily allow, not only a new master, but even a new partner. And so it is for the Arabs. Compromisers in our midst attempt to convince us that the Arabs are some kind of fools who can be tricked by a softened formulation of our goals, or a tribe of money grubbers who will abandon their birth right to Palestine for cultural and economic gains. I flatly reject this assessment of the Palestinian Arabs. Culturally they are 500 years behind us, spiritually they do not have our endurance or our strength of will, but this exhausts all of the internal differences. We can talk as much as we want about our good intentions; but they understand as well as we what is not good for them. They look upon Palestine with the same instinctive love and true fervor that any Aztec looked upon his Mexico or any Sioux looked upon his prairie. To think that the Arabs will voluntarily consent to the realization of Zionism in return for the cultural and economic benefits we can bestow on them is infantile. This childish fantasy of our “Arabo-philes” comes from some kind of contempt for the Arab people, of some kind of unfounded view of this race as a rabble ready to be bribed in order to sell out their homeland for a railroad network.

This view is absolutely groundless. Individual Arabs may perhaps be bought off but this hardly means that all the Arabs in Eretz Israel are willing to sell a patriotism that not even Papuans will trade. Every indigenous people will resist alien settlers as long as they see any hope of ridding themselves of the danger of foreign settlement.

Vladimir Jabotinsky

The Iron Wall
(We and the Arabs)
(1923)
virtualmaster

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 04:51:46 AM

I don't see anything wrong with the article. I think it is very well written and it accurately describes a problem associated with Bitcoin.

I am a die-hard supporter of Bitcoin, and I see Bitcoin as revolutionary invention that will change money forever. But I am not in denial about the problems that it might create. If you can't accept that Bitcoin can be used for evil, then you are ignorant uninformed, incompetent, or insane.

By denying that there are any problems, you will only hurt Bitcoin. You will not be credible, and whatever you say will be dismissed as fanatical.

Instead of denying that there is a problem, you can come up with a solution. Who knows? Maybe your solution will be as brilliant as Bitcoin.

Fiat money without gold backing created a very strong instrument to steal people any time and use their money to finance wars.
If you don't recognize that fiat money was used to kill millions of innocent people and to finance genocide then you never studied history or you are doing history falsification.
Therefore fiat money is the most evil form of money. Did you found a solution to fix it ?

Bitcoin. It was never used to finance war and it is also not suited for it.
With bitcoin you can save your own money and the life of innocent people because your money cannot be used to kill them.

Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
Namecoinia.org  -  take the planet in your hands
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba   |  NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 01:35:10 PM

+1

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
ChristianK

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 08:00:00 PM

I dont think wheteher you feel for or against Israel is the point. I bet Israel and Iran would unite in an article critical of Bitcoin. The point is most every article and evey mention on tv about bitcoin seems to present only the most negative of its possibilities. Should we all establish second identities and start at least e-mailing those orginaztions back with the positive side of the story.
It's pretty hard to tell the positive story in a way that can be told in a establishment friendly newspaper or TV show.

If you can actually craft a story that works mail it. If you just want to mail them your positive personal view of bitcoin it probably won't do much.
mcarturr

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 09:18:19 PM

bitcoins is not for terrorist, the banks do worse things
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 12:33:58 PM

bitcoins is not for terrorist, the banks do worse things

The banks aren't always responsible, but why the bank bashing? Unlike the government, you get to choose your bank, and if you don't like any, don't use any at all.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
tmbp

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 03:47:51 PM

As of the moment US dollars is the most widely used currency to purchase illegal goods, why not ban it instead? It is also relatively anonymous, possessing no definitive fingerprint like diamonds, can be easily laundered through a fake business.

My personal opinion is that some countries appear to be behind the elaborate attacks on their own people since they seem to benefit off them way way too much, they just take advantage of the opportunity to pass laws to monopolize the market further and so on.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: