Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:36:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on Golem (GNT) Mid - Longterm  (Read 1153 times)
SatoshyB_with_us (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 09:42:59 AM

Anyone following Golem what are your thoughts?

1) mid- long term on Golem

2) just for fun - pride estimate per GNT by December 1st, 2017
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 10:04:44 AM

long term investment.

http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/golem-network-tokens/

I just some of btc on the buy order and i hope it will goes below 2k and i'm waiting for the cheap price. in my speculation in the december of 2017 and every GNT token will worth over 4500 satoshi. I don't wanna put the bigger unrational expectation.
xtyling

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

Crypto is Life!

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 06:51:34 PM

1) Long term, Golem is a promising project and lot of interest will come when they are ready with a finish product

2) I would say by end of 2017, price can be around 0.1$
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 07:11:31 PM

I would say Golem's longterm prospects aren't looking too great. Elastic sets out to pursue a similar goal as Golem and it's pretty clear that once Elastic launches it's going to do it better. For a coin to have longevity, it needs real usage. I don't think people will use Golem if a superior alternative exists.
alexcoin999

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:18:58 PM

Hi,
I think this project very interesting. So, i bought a few coins because a believe in this project.
I also believe it's for long term.
Regards,
Alex
Gracie12

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:13:46 PM

I do not recommend owning GNT for a long time, because there are many projects like GNT, and GNT and them are compared with them. I think there is no bright spot. Therefore, I am not optimistic about GNT.
AUruHM

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:28:26 PM

I would say Golem's longterm prospects aren't looking too great. Elastic sets out to pursue a similar goal as Golem and it's pretty clear that once Elastic launches it's going to do it better. For a coin to have longevity, it needs real usage. I don't think people will use Golem if a superior alternative exists.
I join to this words. Golem idea excellent but realization to slow. Elastic and Sonm do own projects much quickly than Golem. In my opinion XEL have some troubles with monetization but it develop better than GNT. If you believe in team - buy coins. Else no.
Glory90

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:38:58 PM

1. I plan to hold GNT because soon the project will release Brass, If the launch runs smoothly i will continue to hold GNT
2. GNT will hit $ 0.5 in December 1st, 2017

1) Long term, Golem is a promising project and lot of interest will come when they are ready with a finish product

2) I would say by end of 2017, price can be around 0.1$

now the price has exceeded $ 0.1  Cheesy

▰▰▰   Ex-Bounty Hunter   ▰▰▰
Volant

Activity: 77

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:28:15 PM

Thoughts on SONM? I don't own any ZEL or GNT, but I'm all in on SONM Smiley
alexcoin999

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:08:24 PM

Hi,
I didn't know Elastic and Sonm projects. I'm going to follow them too...
Thank you
Alex
Sewarlock

Activity: 116

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:14:21 AM

I think the coins has a great futures, it's really unique what they want to accomplish and it's one of the first tokens that wanted to do that, they launched a while ago but progress is strong, because their final coin is not exactly easy to attain. They basically want to create a super computer that can basically process anything from unused GPU power around the globe, that's quite cool if you think about it and there are a lot of industries that will benefit creatly from that technology. The fact is though that it's a big goal, and unless you want to stick around for the next ten years, you shouldn't invest in it. It will take some time but long-term it's definitely one of the best investments you can make, short and midterm I think there are better options out there.
Gladyshaa

Activity: 65

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:19:14 AM

My Thoughts About GOLEM & Its Future In Cloud-Computing
kevinwong (74) in cryptocurrency •  9 months ago

When Golem's ICO was launched a few months ago, their target of 820,000 Ethers (~9 million USD) was met within 30 minutes. Unfortunately, I missed the window and have been eyeing on this project since its first appearance as a proposal back in Ethereum's DAO days, before the unfortunate exploit.

As Poloniex have added GOLEM (GNT) recently and turning its market-cap into ~23 million USD at time of writing, I've scooped up some although I think it's still quite overpriced for not much to show yet. But holding onto long-term, as usual. While GOLEM's version of a decentralised internet is still a huge technical hurdle, I personally like their team and their futurist approach to branding / marketing - that's what really matters to me as it will attract minds and investments.

Here's what I love about the project:-
Amazon's AWS business is turning into a multi-billion, perhaps hitting trillions in the near future, so GOLEM has a great chance to take part with the growing needs of such services.

Simply put, any projects that require massive computations could tap into GOLEM's network to get stuff done. For example, if PIXAR ever needs to render their 3D stuff faster without all the additional hardware, computational power can be rented from the network. This will go far beyond computer graphics - think about science, machine-learning, live market predictions, and microservices.

If GOLEM succeeds, anyone will be able to auto-assign their computing devices to rent itself out to the GOLEM network. This is one future promised by blockchain dreams. Anyone will be able to take part and earn out of having indie computer farms (on my side, I've a few contacts of internet cafes to buy off cheap 2nd hand computers if they're upgrading!). For casual users, perhaps it's something that could subsidise their device / electricity costs. On the flipside, both casual users and professionals can also tap into renting more power if they so desire (more below).

Future consumer devices may only come with screens and connectivity modules. Just connect to something like the GOLEM network and computations will mainly be performed by participating computers in the decentralised network. No need to upgrade hardware and software on user-side. Perhaps the cost of computation will be tied in as a telco subscription - who knows? Total speculation here, although cloud-based game streams (without the need of specific gaming consoles) are already on the rise.
artmen007

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

FrontEnd developer

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:33:47 AM

I truly believe that the project Golem. Will be successful and your posts show why. YES, I think that now there will be more drawdowns, And you can catch him around 2000. Expect strong growth but in the next year. The end of the year, now look how bitcoin fever night

High risk high payoff
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: